Meow! Claws beared

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Okay ladies, here is a thread that you can sharpen your claws on..and stroke your egos :p Thats right get it off your cleveage...okay me first...

Said 1, you bloody bitch! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bevvyd

Electoral Member
Jul 29, 2004
Mission, BC
I hate to get involved so I won't, but I'm calling myself a bitch. I can't help it I come by it naturally, it's part of my make up and I don't mean Cover Girl.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
hows about I call you a bitch than, ya thats right! your just together to well to be anything else...besides...I won't scratch to much...I gotta eat lunch with you next month...

Did you know said likes to sit around doing her nails....the long red sharp ones 8O

bevvyd

Electoral Member
Jul 29, 2004
Mission, BC
Please tell me it is finger nails and not toe nails.

And thanks for calling me a B. Hubby left 2 hours ago and I haven't been called nuttin since.

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
Haggis McBagpipe said:
Cosmo said:
If you think Pea is being a bitch, say "Pea quit being a bitch". Don't fling those "holier than thou" judgements around and not expect anyone to answer to it.

In keeping with my philosophy about calling a spade a fecking shovel, I have spoken to you directly, as off topic as it may be. If you keep scolding people, I'll keep pointing it out. It's that simple. ;)

Really? I can just say Pea is being a bitch? Funny, because I have seen endless posts from moderators saying that such comments about moderators are NOT acceptable. Please do make up your mind, then get back to me. It's that simple.

Common sense, Haggis. Pea was replying as another forum member.

I concede it is sometimes a little confusing. As mods we are required to wear two hats ... one as a forum member, the other as a moderator. While people are free to jump on any of us with both feet as fellow forum members, as mods we refuse to engage in debate. We all give freely of our time and energy to moderate the forum and work hard to do the right thing in any given situation. As moderators dealing with various situations, we realize people are not always privvy to all the information and because of that are often not fully informed.

I always try to be clear about which hat I'm wearing. As a mod, I don't take any criticism. As Cosmo, fire at will.

I do wish there were an simpler way to demonstrate which hat anyone is wearing at a given time, but since we're dealing with (mostly) intelligent adults here I trust people can tell the difference. And when they can't tell, ask. It's that simple.

If you think Pea is a bitch, say so. You won't be the first to do it. Secret fact: I've called her that myself a time or two over the years and survived to tell the tale. And she has returned the favour. It's not that big a deal.

Has this answered your question Haggis? I may find you condescending but you certainly ain't stupid. Far from it.

I maintain that if you contine to admonish people with a lofty tone I will continue to laugh about it. Sorry, it's who I am. I find that kind of attitude irresistable ... I am constitutionally incapable of just letting it slide past.

Ya Bevvy, all kitties are welcome!

And Pea ... the nails are short right now! ;)

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
Cosmo, I do not, nor ever have, consider Pea to be a bitch (irrespective of whether you do or not). There are many subjects on which I disagree with Pea, but I like her, and do not randomly think of people as bitches (or bastards, or whatever). I find such categorization to be a bit pointless, really. To each their own, though. Perhaps these words will further my reputation as lofty and arrogant, or whatever new term might arise to describe me. Still, this is the way I am, and so be it.

You spend a good deal of time admonishing people yourself, Cosmo, as do many members here. Your complaint with me appears to be that I do it in a 'lofty' manner, that I am 'condescending'. Your comments are a bit... admonishing, perhaps? Dare I say, condescending?

Nevertheless, as I say, I do not see any value to using common insults and personal attacks to make my point, and if this keeps me chained to the label 'condescending', and is amusing to you, then you will have the pleasure of many future laughs, for I have no intention of switching to a 'calling a spade a spade' mode in order to fit in. If my style is objectionable, please feel free to ignore my posts. Further personal remarks about my style are welcome, but will be seen for what they are.

As for your hat analogy, I can only say that I have seen countless occasions where the member hat was quickly switched to the moderator hat in order to end a debate that wasn't going the way the moderator wanted it to go. I think, if you wish to be both moderator and member, you need to work on the logistics.

On a final note, I will say something shockingly condescending and lofty: I very much like the members here, including the moderators. I'm sorry if that offends you, Cosmo, but you'll just have to work through it.

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
Haggis ... I have no doubt that you DO like the people here. And the little friction between us is really of no consequence. Online or in real life I suspect you and I would not mesh smoothly. We're a little like two magnets backward. And that is okay.

We will probably continue these little abrasive exchanges but I view them entirely as a fellow forum member, not as a moderator. :) Have at it.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Yes well thats nice from your lofty perch haggis, I on the other hand like to have my fun with people who come here and try to play games with the moderators, of which you know nothing about. Now if albertablue wants to come back here and pretend he is musicman, I don't care, as long as he does not start playing the games with the moderators he did last time he was here.
And please go back and read your own posts, it was not that long ago that the number one amercian basher around here was you. The bastarized stuff was very funny.
Again if you have a problem with my moderating take it to andem.

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
Re: RE: Meow! Claws beared

Cosmo said:
Online or in real life I suspect you and I would not mesh smoothly. We're a little like two magnets backward. And that is okay.

Interesting assumption... makes me curious, in a way. All my adult life I have done best with the non-conformists, the rebels, the contrarians. They tend to feel at home with me. It would be interesting to meet the exception.

Oh, and I see that you have just posted, Pea. I don't have to look back at my anti-American posts. I am fully aware that I am guilty as charged, which I believe i made quite clear in my posts today.

As for BlueAlberta, your 'fun' with him/her crosses the line, it is inappropriate to make a public free-for-all like that, especially since you are the one who once said such things should be dealt with in private. Playing the same games that you accuse him/her of playing is not productive in the least, nor is it productive or appropriate to publicly post his/her IP location. This has nothing whatsoever to do with my 'lofty perch', Pea.

Finally, if I wish to speak with Andem, I will do so without prompting from you. The same goes for you, if you wish to speak to Andem, you don't need my permission. However, if you would like me to leave this board because of my criticisms of the moderators, you only need to ask. I am quite aware that my supposedly lofty style (which is, after all, just my style, the way humour is your style) rubs many of you the wrong way. Unlike some banned members who seem to want to return, I am quite content leaving any forum where my style - my personality, really - is considered to be so unappealing. It makes absolutely no difference to me one way or another.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
yes I bet you do momsy :lol: :lol:

I see so now I am to conform to your way of thinking and doing things. Yes sir! I think not. Save the lectures, because that is what they are. Again if there are people at the board that do not like my moderating, contact andem. As for what I post as a poster...well its not your business is it, to tell me how and what I can post. I am done with this.

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
jimmoyer ... check my signature for my opinion on fair ;)

Hey ... we're all allowed to express opinions! No one is saying Haggis should leave. A little difference of opinion and people are threatening to take their ball and go home? Sheesh.

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
Re: RE: Meow! Claws beared

Cosmo said:
jimmoyer ... check my signature for my opinion on fair ;)

Hey ... we're all allowed to express opinions! No one is saying Haggis should leave. A little difference of opinion and people are threatening to take their ball and go home? Sheesh.

Nobody is threatening to take their ball and go home, Cosmo. I said what I said because if I am breaking the rules by commenting on moderator behaviour, Pea need only ask me to leave and I would go, for I would not 'fight to the death' to stay around. I suppose though, that unless loftiness, a condescending tone and, what the hell, let's throw this in, arrogance, becomes a banning offense, I am probably safe enough.

If I were to leave without being asked to leave, I would just do it, with no touching farewell. Suicide without the note, as it were. Further, I would not only take my ball but the bat as well and even the bloody base pads. Maybe the mitts too, I don't know. I'd leave the spit, though, and probably the chewing tobacco.

Oh, and thanks again Jim, for your kind words.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
peapod said:
Okay ladies, here is a thread that you can sharpen your claws on..and stroke your egos :p Thats right get it off your cleveage...okay me first...

Said 1, you bloody bitch! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Listen witch, that's Ms. Bitch to you! :lol: :lol:

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net
Hey can I get in on this action... :twisted:

*wonders how to spell a cat call*

Wow...that's a lame smiley... :roll: