It's 4:13pm

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
and it's friday. I'm off work at 4:30. How come it feels likes it's been 4:13 for like the last hour!?!?!?!?!?

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
k, well now it's 4:17. Still took longer then 4 minutes though

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
ah twila........you ain't one of them clock watchers are ya??? :wink: :wink: :clock:

ya know, when you watch the clock......it slows down delibererately , just to annoy a person. ( Murphy's (or some one's) law.. :wink:

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
TWO minutes to go.......and you are off work......and the weekend begins. :cheers: :cheers: :drunken:

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
k, well now it's monday morning.........sigh.

I try not to watch the clock but for some reason when I'm low on the work load....I can hear the clock ticking...slowly...even though it's digital....it still ticks. lol

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
Your telling me they suck i just got of the phone with the local prosicuters office I missed a court date last week because I was on hollidays .I was supeoned to be a witness for an assault trial .The secretary says they were going to issue a warrant for my arrest and now i got to go down there to clear it up tommorrow morning :x I 'll tell you what I will never ever help anybody or give a statement again :evil: This prosicuter was rude and down right disrespectful to my neighbor who was involved too .Just what i like the goverment threatening me with arrest when i did nothing wrong but try to help some kid getting pounded 8O I hope they arrest me tommorrow because i'm going straight to the press.It will make a good story stay at home dad thrown in jail for not showing up as a witness what a feckin joke I'm not the criminal here the system is totaly fecked :twisted:

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
A subpoena is a legal requirement to show up, so if you don't, they can arrest you.

You must have known the court date, since they have to hand you the subpoena directly, right?

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
Yea thats right Tenpenny but that was months ago i never heard anything and i had to go to Edmonton .Lesson here don't help anyone because you might end up in jail too .Great system we have and whats with the threats I'm not saying anything now I'm going to a laywer this afternoon I'm done with this period 8O The guy will walk I'm sure

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
It sure doesn't make any sense, eh Mrmom. They need your help and they're rude to you? What's wrong with that system. If somebody asked me a favour I'd be expecting a polite question not a rude demand.

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
Thats just it my neighbor is retired and this happened 8 months ago and the prosicuter was pissed off at him because he couldn't remember what exactly happened that night 8O Go figure I'm sure he's never going to help again himself :(

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
mrmom2 said:
Thats just it my neighbor is retired and this happened 8 months ago and the prosicuter was pissed off at him because he couldn't remember what exactly happened that night 8O Go figure I'm sure he's never going to help again himself :(

dang it. Sorry to hear about this tangled up mess. I think this is why many very fine humanitarian and caring people hesitate /or don't "get involved" now. The "returns" are just so legally messy.

but Still, Good for you ......for being a helpful human being. The law might stink, society might be corrosive.......but YOU know, you did what felt/was right at the time.

Very weird society , isn't it,? where one can be put through such nasty hoops for being kind and helpful. One is damned if one does and damned if one doesn't. sheesh.

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net
...but then there's always Vanni Vigilante...

bevvyd

Electoral Member
Jul 29, 2004
Mission, BC
mrmom2 said:
Your telling me they suck i just got of the phone with the local prosicuters office I missed a court date last week because I was on hollidays .I was supeoned to be a witness for an assault trial .The secretary says they were going to issue a warrant for my arrest and now i got to go down there to clear it up tommorrow morning :x I 'll tell you what I will never ever help anybody or give a statement again :evil: This prosicuter was rude and down right disrespectful to my neighbor who was involved too .Just what i like the goverment threatening me with arrest when i did nothing wrong but try to help some kid getting pounded 8O I hope they arrest me tommorrow because i'm going straight to the press.It will make a good story stay at home dad thrown in jail for not showing up as a witness what a feckin joke I'm not the criminal here the system is totaly fecked :twisted:

My daughter was a witness also but she landed in emergency the night before. I faxed off the doctor's note and spoke with Crown Counsel's office, but they issued a warrant for her arrest anyway. Man was I ticked when she called to tell me the RCMP were at the door for her. But luckily I got an officer that was able to see that this kid really was sick and could not have made it to a trial. Still had to take the next day off work to go down and get the 'warrant vacated'. What a waste of time and money.