Latest Berlin Updates?

manda
How is Germany treating our Andem?

Is the weather nice?

Are you conversing well (read: at all) with the people?

Are you crazy homesick yet?

What are you doing there anyway?

did you find a new favorite beer?

Are you pulling your hair out over the server issues yet?

Andem
How is Germany treating our Andem?

A: It's a nice country.

Is the weather nice?

A: No, the weather here is horrible.

Are you conversing well (read: at all) with the people?

A: Of course

Are you crazy homesick yet?

A: Yep

What are you doing there anyway?

A: Living life and working.

did you find a new favorite beer?

A: Ehm, well.. Berliner isn't that great, but it's very very cheap!

Are you pulling your hair out over the server issues yet?

A: Let's say that I might require hair replacement for men soon.

manda
need we buy you Rogain for Christmas...at least we all still care an worry about the forum...er.. I mean, you andem

Do you have any more pix?

Do you Shave your Armpits?

umm...I'm really scraping the bottom of the barrell for some questions now

manda
We haven't heard much from you lately Andem....How are things on your side of the world?

Are you counting the days until you come home yet?

manda
Hey Andem, how are things for you in Germany...have you heard much about Katrina, and the HUGE gas hike it caused here?

Andem
Quote: Originally Posted by manda

Hey Andem, how are things for you in Germany...have you heard much about Katrina, and the HUGE gas hike it caused here?

I've most definately heard about Katrina as it is all over the news here. I also watch CTV news broadcasts, allbeit a day late for me here. I saw oil went over 70$ per barrel, geez!

manda
here on PEI, it was at 99.7 yesterday...it jumped to 111.9 this morning, and we're one of the cheapest places around because we are regulated!, it hardly seems fair.

We have gotten a few gusts and some rain from what piddly bits are left from the hurricane, I'll take that anyday over Juan, ow what New Orleans had to face.

Anything interesting happening in your corner of the world?

Andem
Gasoline here is about 2$ Canadian!

manda
Quote: Originally Posted by Andem

Gasoline here is about 2$ Canadian!

so we should all quit whining, right?

no1important
Yup.

But North America has usually always had cheaper gas prices compared to rest of world. So I guess we can't really complain.

But it is fun to complain since Canadians are supposedly the fourth most complainers on the Planet.

Gas here is between 106 and 119 depending on the time of day. I saw on Breakfast TV this morning in Toronto ans Ottawa gas is 1.26. wow. I wonder how much higher it will go.

In a way I am glad I do not have a vehicle. Don't really need one here anyways.

manda
Quote: Originally Posted by no1important

In a way I am glad I do not have a vehicle. Don't really need one here anyways.

I love that smilie! Gas was up to 134.5 here, but it has dropped down to 113.5, it's a start anyway. Especially when we own( not by choice- we live in the country and don't yet have a transit system) 2 vehicles

Hello there Andem, we haven't heard much about how everything is for you lately. I hope that you've settled in well. How much German do you know? My brother studied it for a year, but I put my focus on other languages. I speak 3 officially, studied Japanese for a year too, but could never find time for German.

I hope that you've made some friends and are doing well, but not so well that you don't miss home.

no1important
So Andem, are you in for a change of government? Sounds like Angela Merkel will win. Is that good or bad?

Here is a German election article (external - login to view)

Andem
@manda: Yes, I speak German. 1 of 3 languages also.

@no1important: Yikes. Looks like the woman will win. But there's talk of the possibility of a grand coalition between the SPD and the CDU/CSU.. I guess you could equate that with the Liberals and Conservatives teaming up to create a government.

Pemmican

@no1important: Yikes. Looks like the woman will win. But there's talk of the possibility of a grand coalition between the SPD and the CDU/CSU.. I guess you could equate that with the Liberals and Conservatives teaming up to create a government.

No one really knows so far...
In case of a "grand coalition", (CDU+SPD), Merkel will probably the new chancelor... or should I say "chancelorette"? *lol*

But there could also be a coalition of SPD+Greens+FDP - in this case, Schröder will remain chancellor... (this coalition said to be hardly possible though)

Another more likely coalition would be CDU+FDP+Greens - even though Westerwelle (leader or FDP) refuses, it might be a possibility. Merkel of course would be chancellor in this case.

So Andem, what's going on in Berlin's streets?! Is everybody throwing bottles against the Reichstag?? *lol*

Jo Canadian

@manda: Yes, I speak German. 1 of 3 languages also.

Hard-Luck Henry
well, they've got until 18 October to sort something out. There's much posturing at present, as neither side wants to cede the high ground, but if they want a resolution there will eventually have to be lots of promises reneged upon, and policies shamefacedly accepted that had previously been rejected outright.

So no real change, then.

Andem
Quote:

So Andem, what's going on in Berlin's streets?! Is everybody throwing bottles against the Reichstag?? *lol*

Nope, no bottles at the Reichstag yet... but once Merkel gets into power, we'll see.. We don't like Merkel here in Berlin at all...... actually, a lot of Merkel comedy originates here!

Hard-Luck Henry
[img][/img]

Jo Canadian

manda
Hey there Andem, you've been fairly quiet lately. How is work going?

Are you enjoying all Berlin has to offer?