Etymology of the word 'Feck'

zenfisher
...feckin' wood ?

Vanni Fucci
Feckin' rights, feckin' wood...what the feck is the matter with that?

zenfisher
If Feckin' Farley fecked a fathom of feckin' wood
how many fathoms of feckin' wood did Feckin' Farley feck?

missile
Don't forget Uncle Feckster of The Addams Family

Dexter Sinister
Quote: Originally Posted by zenfisher

If Feckin' Farley fecked a fathom of feckin' wood
how many fathoms of feckin' wood did Feckin' Farley feck?

As many feckin' fathoms of feckin' wood as Feckin' Farley could feck,
If Feckin' Farley could feck wood.

But anybody who fecks wood has some serious issues.

This is getting way the feck out of feckin' control...

peapod
Yes it is...give us a new word bigh

Right fecking now to... :P

missile
If I may submit one for your perusal? I suggest merely changing the first letter of the awful word to PH,as in phuck Or use my fave swearwords "farging iceholes"

zenfisher
Phinally!!! Someone phigures we should pheckin' change our phavourite pheckin' phrase to pheck. Pheckin eh !!!

manda
Quote: Originally Posted by Dexter Sinister

Quote:

he he he, as opposed to the ever popular, bad or mean compliment?...

No, you fecking fecker, as opposed to a stronger compliment, a magnificent compliment, a heroic compliment...

allrighty then you phecking phecker, I'll let you away with that...but a nice compliment is opposed to a heroic or mean compliment? Pheck, will ya look at that?...i believes I phecking won!

Dexter Sinister
Quote: Originally Posted by manda

?...i believes I phecking won!

No feckin' way man, there are degrees and kinds of compliments, as there are of many things. I could say of one of my neighbours, for instance, that she's very attractive or that she has fabulous feckin' *******. Both are compliments (and true statements), but you'd have to agree that the first one is a lot nicer.

manda

?...i believes I phecking won!

No feckin' way man, there are degrees and kinds of compliments, as there are of many things. I could say of one of my neighbours, for instance, that she's very attractive or that she has fabulous feckin' *******. Both are compliments (and true statements), but you'd have to agree that the first one is a lot nicer.

yes, but they are not in opposition to each other...I won I fecking phecking WIN pppbbllttt! :P

Dexter Sinister

...but they are not in opposition to each other...

What the pheck has that got to do with anything? One is still a nice compliment, the other's a rather rude compliment, but a compliment nonetheless. You lose.

manda

...but they are not in opposition to each other...

What the pheck has that got to do with anything? One is still a nice compliment, the other's a rather rude compliment, but a compliment nonetheless. You lose.

look back 4 posts you phecking phecker! I said "as opposed to a mean or bad compliment" and you said ", as opposed to a stronger compliment, a magnificent compliment, a heroic compliment... to a heroic...." Blah...I phecking win... you may kiss the winning han and go lick your wounds now....pheck it just keeps getting easier...phecking analisis of quotations against an English major...pheck, man, to phecking funny...*sits in corner rocking, pouring over dictionary and mumbling something about phonetics...

Vanni Fucci

pheck it just keeps getting easier...phecking analisis of quotations against an English major...pheck, man, to phecking funny...*sits in corner rocking, pouring over dictionary and mumbling something about phonetics...

You best keep readin' that pheckin' dictionary...you pheckin' spelled analysis wrong you silly phecker...

manda
I was gettin phecking excited...my fingers ran to phecking fast! ...I still phecking won....

Dexter Sinister

... you may kiss the winning han (sic)...

The winning what?

English major, huh? :P You spelled analysis and hand incorrectly, used "to" instead of "too" twice... :P Better keep working on it.

And you can kiss some part of me too, but not my hand, or han... You win nothing. Your original objection appeared to be based on the premise that "nice compliment" is redundant, I've merely been pointing out that it's not. You lose. Still.

manda

... you may kiss the winning han (sic)...

The winning what?

English major, huh? :P You spelled analysis and hand incorrectly, used "to" instead of "too" twice... :P Better keep working on it.

And you can kiss some part of me too, but not my hand, or han... You win nothing. Your original objection appeared to be based on the premise that "nice compliment" is redundant, I've merely been pointing out that it's not. You lose. Still.

like I fecking said, you fool, the phecking fingers keep running away from me, and no it is not that I feel that the Nice compliment is redundant...I object to the fact that you feel that it is in opposition to a heroic compliment or the others that you stated that a "nice compliment" is in opposition of..You lose, now admit it ye fecking fartknocker, and kiss me heiney while yer at it

Dexter Sinister
Keep working with that dictionary, kiddo. There are subtleties in English syntax and meaning that you're missing. "In opposition to" and "as opposed to" do not mean the same thing in the context in which I used the latter phrase. Feckin' ignorant literalist moron...

missile
Speaking of dictionaries: Websters Third International[book 2]-Feck is a noun of Scottish origin,meaning plural or majority :P

manda

Keep working with that dictionary, kiddo. There are subtleties in English syntax and meaning that you're missing. "In opposition to" and "as opposed to" do not mean the same thing in the context in which I used the latter phrase. Feckin' ignorant literalist moron...

Who me? with you trying to twist the dictionary to suit your needs....just admit the loss me dear, nobody will fecking beat you for it...much....I promise to hold my profs back...ignorant moron, now that's just harsh.

BTW, the oxford dictionary Company was announcing the new words that it is adding to the list last week, I can't find the article right now...does anyone else know where to find it?

Hard-Luck Henry
Try this link, manda: www.askoxford.com/pressroom/archive/ode2newwords (external - login to view)

Vanni Fucci
So what does your precious dictionary have to say about pheck? Huh...what's that? That's right, pheckin' nuthin'... :P

manda
I dunno, never looked it up....dictionary.com says nothing, somebody should phecking write to the Oxford peeps and gets it added

manda
Spendy...is a word?! man are people ever getting lazy in their speech...

Hard-Luck Henry

I dunno, never looked it up....dictionary.com says nothing, somebody should phecking write to the Oxford peeps and gets it added

Well I'm not doing it - they'll just laugh, and tell you to "feck off."

manda
Quote: Originally Posted by Hard-Luck Henry

Well I'm not doing it - they'll just laugh, and tell you to "feck off."

They added "Spendy" for a new way of say expensive...I doubt that they tells anyone to "pheck" off, they're too busy writing down all the bizarre jargo they can find!

Dexter Sinister

Who me? with you trying to twist the dictionary to suit your needs....just admit the loss me dear

I admit nothing, you feckless fecking feckerhead. The dictionary is not the be-all and end-all, it's always out of date and incomplete, rarely provides explanations of idiomatic phrases that do not mean what the literal meaning of the words in them would suggest (which is what "as opposed to" is, and I should point out that you used it first, and correctly), and represents just one person's or one committee's understanding of what things meant at a certain point in the evolution of the language.

I am, however, touched by your affectionate reference to me as "me dear," which accounts for what comes next:

Quote:

...nobody will fecking beat you for it...

But I might like that...

Hard-Luck Henry
As I recall, it seemed to be popular opinion around these parts that Jo Canadian was Manda's 'boo' (Well that's what they're called nowadays, apparently). Having followed this thread, though, I'm considering calling for a recount.

I know; shame on me - that's how rumours get started. I think it's about time you cleared this one up for us, Manda.

manda
Quote: Originally Posted by Hard-Luck Henry

As I recall, it seemed to be popular opinion around these parts that Jo Canadian was Manda's 'boo' (Well that's what they're called nowadays, apparently). Having followed this thread, though, I'm considering calling for a recount.

I know; shame on me - that's how rumours get started. I think it's about time you cleared this one up for us, Manda.

I'll not say, but you can see us in the pix thread!!!

manda

I am, however, touched by your affectionate reference to me as "me dear," which accounts for what comes next:

Quote:

...nobody will fecking beat you for it...

But I might like that...

Oh, I just bet you would...Bad bad boy