Today's Berlin Pix

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Ok, so I finally got around to taking some pictures of some touristy spots in Berlin today.. So let's start off with the *new* Canadian embassy at Potsdamerplatz, which is sooooo nice!!

K, Canadian embassy 1:

Another Shot:

And another:

The Brandenburg gate:

A view coming away from the Brandenburg toward the reichstag:

Now, this is really weird.. You can't tell so well in the picture, but Quebec has a business office directly next door to the Brandenburg gate wedged between the French embassy (note the blue and white flag up there):

A view of the Reichstag:

And the omnipresent TV-tower, a view from Friedrichstrasse, the main shopping disrict in the east:

That's it for now, unfortunately. But more to come ;p

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Yup, it's what I'm on right now. How on earth could I live without a functional computer and Internet? When neighbours turn off their wireless, I gotta lug it to the Internet cafe for a hookup!

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Re: RE: Today's Berlin Pix

manda said:
so what about a phone????

Yeah, Deutsche-Telekom has still not come. The last notice I got was "very soon" which I am told can mean upto 2-3 weeks. Hopefully I will have it setup once I get back from Zürich, maybe wishful thinking 8O

manda

Council Member
Jul 3, 2005
swirling in the abyss of nowhere la

Andem said:
manda said:

Yeah, Deutsche-Telekom has still not come. The last notice I got was "very soon" which I am told can mean upto 2-3 weeks. Hopefully I will have it setup once I get back from Zürich, maybe wishful thinking 8O

most frustrating...watch them come while you are in Zurich :roll: , and then put you on the end of the list all over again...how frustated would you be?

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
Hey Andem, it'd be really great if you were to start a kind of blog-thread about your adventures and misadventures adjusting to life in Germany... your observations, your photos, etc..

manda

Council Member
Jul 3, 2005

manda said:
Andem said:
manda said:

most frustrating...watch them come while you are in Zurich :roll: , and then put you on the end of the list all over again...how frustated would you be?

Hey what about a pic of the andem-miester?

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka

Haggis McBagpipe said:
Hey Andem, it'd be really great if you were to start a kind of blog-thread about your adventures and misadventures adjusting to life in Germany... your observations, your photos, etc..

That's an idea that I have thought about and I'm really too busy with things to also run a blog! Unfortunately. I'll just keep posting pics here :)

Edit: I don't usually allow my picture to be taken :) But I might later, Haggis has seen a pic or two of me before, though.. Maybe!

manda

Council Member
Jul 3, 2005

Andem said:
Haggis McBagpipe said:

That's an idea that I have thought about and I'm really too busy with things to also run a blog! Unfortunately. I'll just keep posting pics here :)

Edit: I don't usually allow my picture to be taken :) But I might later, Haggis has seen a pic or two of me before, though.. Maybe!

Oh, come on...(cajole, cajole.)..i did, and others did...haggis even posted his fur baby!!!What do you have to hide?

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.

Andem said:

You definitely should post your pic, Andem. You're a super cutie and you will make everybody pine away for what Canada has lost to Germany! :cool:

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
I got a really nice shot of the Brandenburgertor a few nights ago in the dark... Most pictures like this dont turn out, but this one sort of did... it looks better in High-res, but oh well.