Today's Berlin Pix

Andem
Ok, so I finally got around to taking some pictures of some touristy spots in Berlin today.. So let's start off with the *new* Canadian embassy at Potsdamerplatz, which is sooooo nice!!

K, Canadian embassy 1:

Another Shot:

And another:

The Brandenburg gate:

A view coming away from the Brandenburg toward the reichstag:

Now, this is really weird.. You can't tell so well in the picture, but Quebec has a business office directly next door to the Brandenburg gate wedged between the French embassy (note the blue and white flag up there):

A view of the Reichstag:

And the omnipresent TV-tower, a view from Friedrichstrasse, the main shopping disrict in the east:

That's it for now, unfortunately. But more to come ;p

manda
You should post a pic of your place...including a funtional telephone and internet service when it miraculously occurs

Andem
Okay

Andem
That's the living room btw.

manda
OMG...is that a functional computer ???!!!

Andem
Yup, it's what I'm on right now. How on earth could I live without a functional computer and Internet? When neighbours turn off their wireless, I gotta lug it to the Internet cafe for a hookup!

manda
so what about a phone????

Andem
Quote: Originally Posted by manda

Yeah, Deutsche-Telekom has still not come. The last notice I got was "very soon" which I am told can mean upto 2-3 weeks. Hopefully I will have it setup once I get back from Zürich, maybe wishful thinking

manda
Quote: Originally Posted by Andem

Yeah, Deutsche-Telekom has still not come. The last notice I got was "very soon" which I am told can mean upto 2-3 weeks. Hopefully I will have it setup once I get back from Zürich, maybe wishful thinking

most frustrating...watch them come while you are in Zurich , and then put you on the end of the list all over again...how frustated would you be?

Haggis McBagpipe
Hey Andem, it'd be really great if you were to start a kind of blog-thread about your adventures and misadventures adjusting to life in Germany... your observations, your photos, etc..

manda

most frustrating...watch them come while you are in Zurich , and then put you on the end of the list all over again...how frustated would you be?

Hey what about a pic of the andem-miester?

Andem
Quote: Originally Posted by Haggis McBagpipe

Hey Andem, it'd be really great if you were to start a kind of blog-thread about your adventures and misadventures adjusting to life in Germany... your observations, your photos, etc..

That's an idea that I have thought about and I'm really too busy with things to also run a blog! Unfortunately. I'll just keep posting pics here

Edit: I don't usually allow my picture to be taken But I might later, Haggis has seen a pic or two of me before, though.. Maybe!

manda

Quote: Originally Posted by Haggis McBagpipe

That's an idea that I have thought about and I'm really too busy with things to also run a blog! Unfortunately. I'll just keep posting pics here

Edit: I don't usually allow my picture to be taken But I might later, Haggis has seen a pic or two of me before, though.. Maybe!

Oh, come on...(cajole, cajole.)..i did, and others did...haggis even posted his fur baby!!!What do you have to hide?

Haggis McBagpipe

Edit: I don't usually allow my picture to be taken :) But I might later, Haggis has seen a pic or two of me before, though.. Maybe!

You definitely should post your pic, Andem. You're a super cutie and you will make everybody pine away for what Canada has lost to Germany! 8-)

peapod
Great pics wizard, haggis is right you are a cutie..but I can't says as I blame you for not wanting your pic on the internet.

Vanni Fucci

Ok, so I finally got around to taking some pictures of some touristy spots in Berlin today.. So let's start off with the *new* Canadian embassy at Potsdamerplatz, which is sooooo nice!!

Potsdamerplatz...isn't that where they did the live production of The Wall?

Andem
I got a really nice shot of the Brandenburgertor a few nights ago in the dark... Most pictures like this dont turn out, but this one sort of did... it looks better in High-res, but oh well.