Where's The Rev

manda
Has he gone the way of a cyber Waldo...discovered and been sucked into the dryer vortex...vanished like my still missing keys?

All I know is he hasn't been around much...All right folks, lets hear your best theories...the more creative the better

I think not
Out of town.

manda
Quote: Originally Posted by I think not

Out of town.

OH come on! Work with me people!

I think not
Mrs Rev made him a tad weak ?

Canucklehead
Maybe he was furiously renovating, realised he needed a fresh brewskie, ran upstairs to get one and, already being half in the bag, fell through a hole in the floorboards and got stuck half-in and half-out. Now Zeke is out trying to find Mrs Rev to save the day, but not before lapping up the spilt beer

Alternately, he could be having crazy jungle sex... but that wouldn't be very Reverend-like, now would it

Vanni Fucci
Zeke: woof, woof!

Mrs. Rev: What's that Zeke? The Rev fell down the well...AGAIN!!

Zeke: woof!

Canucklehead

I think not
Quote: Originally Posted by Canucklehead

Maybe he was furiously renovating, realised he needed a fresh brewskie, ran upstairs to get one and, already being half in the bag, fell through a hole in the floorboards and got stuck half-in and half-out. Now Zeke is out trying to find Mrs Rev to save the day, but not before lapping up the spilt beer

Alternately, he could be having crazy jungle sex... but that wouldn't be very Reverend-like, now would it

How about the igloo version canucklehead? I know you have experience on it

manda
Quote: Originally Posted by Canucklehead

Crazy jungle sex with whom..you mentioned both Mrs. Rev and Zeke ewwwww

zenfisher
hhmmmm...August long ...where could he be? I suspect he is off to make the coyotes howl. He's probably packed the Mrs. and the dogs and gone out to to Trainboy's and his family ( not his real alias, but man can he play guitar.) Hippie Chick and Dude's would be way to wet this year...but I digress.

A small but boisterous group of families and friends meet in the wilds of the prairie to enjoy a mini festival. Good friends, good food, a wee bit bit of the cure for what ails ya...and some harmonizing to the classic sounds of makeshift band. Ah... yes... the coyote's will be howling tonight. Almost like backround singers to the revelry around the campfire. They'll have eaten well after a day at the beach and be resting in to roasting the marshmallows by now I suspect. Culture boy and the Babysittter ( also not their real names) will be harmonizing to Dead tune about now. Or maybe its Prine.I can almost hear it. I've lost a couple of jobs just to ensure I could attend it in the past. Well worth it.Man I miss it.

To all those around the campfire tonight. Salut. I drink to your health and know that you are in my heart tonight. My thoughts and hopes for your happiness be with you.

" My very first job , I said thank you and please
They made me scrub a parking lot down on my knees..
Then I got fired for bein' scared of bees
And they only paid me fifty cents an hour."

Whistle & Fish - John Prine

mrmom2
I feel for ya there Zen I've been to a few those partys in my life being born in the Peg too

zenfisher
Yeah..something about being in the country around the city.

mrmom2

Ocean Breeze
Where is the Rev??

Last word is that a space craft arrived from that newly found planet , and selected-er-"persuaded " him to govern the area. He is enroute to his new post now. (their "shuttle" works just fine, btw)

Some are reporting this as an abduction......but he , being the galant chap he is, sees this as an "opportunity"...

Canucklehead
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean Breeze

Where is the Rev??

Last word is that a space craft arrived from that newly found planet , and selected-er-"persuaded " him to govern the area. He is enroute to his new post now. (their "shuttle" works just fine, btw)

Some are reporting this as an abduction......but he , being the galant chap he is, sees this as an "opportunity"...

There goes the seperation of church n state :P

I think not
Or maybe he is building an igloo ? :P I would imagine it takes alot of time to do so in this heat

I think not
So Rev, were you building an igloo or what?

Reverend Blair
Zen got it right. I was forced to drink approximately 3000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 Beer this weekend.

Everybody says hi, Zen. You better be here for next year's blowout. I drank exactly thirteen beer for you, so now they all make fun of you, because thirteen beer isn't a lot for a weekend. Quite frankly, we're all questioning your manhood.

It's pretty funny....everybody's kids look more or less like their parents did when we started doing this. all of the adults are fat and funny-looking now too. Just seeing us gathered all in one spot makes you wonder if the earth is going to wobble off of its axis.

The two big adventures? We spent most of yesterday driving around trying to find Zeke. If you were a blind dog in a strange place, what would you do? Zeke thought she'd take a road trip all her own. We searched for her most of the day, with a short break to help a man put an axle in a tractor. He had a goat named....are you ready for this?....Billy.

Zeke came wandering back about 10:30, tired as hell. She refuses to say where she was, but she smiles a lot.

The other adventure was on the way back. Mrs. Rev was driving and I was sitting in the passenger seat alternating between sipping on a beer and napping.

I'd kind of dozed off a little and suddenly was dreaming of a drum solo. It was a good enough solo to wake me up, but there were no symbols. Mrs. Rev saw my eyes peep open and said, "I think the truck is steering funny."

The truck just might have been steering a little funny...that tends to happen when the front left tire is a shredded bit of roadkill.

I'm not exactly sure how long she'd been driving on a flat tire, but I'm still pulling bits of steel belt out of my hands. There will be no repairing this one. It won't become a tire swing or a planter. Let's just say that I'll be buying a new wheel for my new tire.

The logistics of changing a tire on a busy highway when you have four dogs are not really simple. We got it done though, and the truck never fell off the jack until I had the spare more or less in place.

Just as I was tightening the last lug nut, the RCMP pulled over to see if they could be of some assitance. I just took a sip of my beer and crawled back under the truck to put the shredded tire in the cradle that was designed by monkeys. I could hear Mrs. Rev answering questions, but wasn't really opaying attention.

So I crawled out from under the truck and took another sip of beer. The cop said, "You aren't drinking in the truck, are you? "

"No," I said, "That would be illegal. I'm drinking on the side of the road, which is also illegal but carries a much smaller fine."

The cop kind of smiled and said something about as long as I wasn't driving. I smiled back and offered him my filthy, tire-changing hand. He grimaced a bit, but shook it.

Once we got everything squared away, I was wondering what to do with my beer. The cop was still there, after all, eyeing me up. I finally hopped into the truck. Mrs. Rev looked a little doubtful, but she put it in gear and drove away. The cop just sat there on the shoulder.

I'm thinking of taking a trip to Ontario just to see if I can get arrested.

zenfisher
Man..it amazes me you never get arrested.

If you were drinking for me I don't doubt they were questioning my manhood Wide open.

Edge said she had called & you were unpacking. Sounds like a good trip.Next year ...well work on it. Edge keeps saying she wants to go camping. We'll see if we can do some juggling. I don't know if I can work another year where I am. Next August might be a good time to quit. Why argue with tradition ? :P

no new posts