How to make the world a better place...?

Sy
If you could do one thing to make your life, family, home, neighborhood, city, province/state, country, or world a better place what would you do?

(Please do not include killing/imprisoning any particular person(s))

Me, I would find all the best locations in the world for wind and solar power generation and plant Windmill and Solar Power Generators there, causing the abolishment of all coal/oil burning plants. Any jobs lost due to these plants closing would be regained in the need for maintenance of these windmills and solar generators.

manda
Well, there goes my idea to get rid of Bush....dang, no killing anyone....

Provide Hybrid cars/vans for the families of my province who need a vehicle, cuts down on emissions, and cost to families. I for one hate having to own a minivan, but 3 kids in the back of a Saturn...NOT good

EDIT: I thought that I better add that we have no transit system here, so the need to own a car-like machine is a lot greater than in other areas

Canucklehead
Revert to a locally based economy as much as possible, open the archives on invention patent submissions so we can see what's been buried over the years(water powered cars etc if rumours are correct), exorcise the demon of consumerism from society if that's possible.
Alternately, I'd buy the world a Coke and teach it to sing in perfect harmony :P

manda
make sure our farmer are able to sell their wares before importing from other countries, I beleive that we talked about this on another thread...am I right canucklehead?

Canucklehead
Right you are, Manda.... mad cow steak anyone? /smirk

Frito lay
#1 Get rid of Peter Popoff
#2 Throw all those TV avangleists in jail
#3 Agree to dump all forms of organized religon through out the globe.
#4 Get rid of Gordo Campbell
#5 Free Grey Poupon for everyone.

Sy
Quote: Originally Posted by manda

make sure our farmer are able to sell their wares before importing from other countries, I beleive that we talked about this on another thread...am I right canucklehead?

This is a solution to a problem that never should have happened in the first place. DAMN YOU NAFTA!!

Frito lay
Oh ya, and a Barf Bag for Manda

Sy
Quote: Originally Posted by Frito lay

Lol did you not read the stipulation? All but #5 are worthwhile entries

manda

Oh ya, and a Barf Bag for Manda

you're too kind

manda
Quote: Originally Posted by Canucklehead

Right you are, Manda.... mad cow steak anyone? /smirk

I'd rather that than the Asian Bird Flu

Frito lay
Quote: Originally Posted by Sy

Lol did you not read the stipulation? All but #5 are worthwhile entries

What about the Barf Bag?

Sy
How about creating enough vaccine for everyone with said Asian Bird Flu?

Sy

What about the Barf Bag?

That's perfectly fine

Canucklehead
Frito, you'd be well within the stipulations of the thread by suggesting that Peter Popoff, tv evangelists and G.C. be put into the used Barf Bag... just an idea

manda

How 'bout a treatment for mad cow?

Sy

How 'bout a treatment for mad cow?

Doesn't that already exist?

Canucklehead
At least we've supposedly stopped feeding cannibal-style meat to the herbivores. It's a good first step.

I think not
Provide an education for everyone, all the rest will follow.

manda
education, clean water, ample clothing...if we could shed greed, a utopian society would be wonderful

Sy
I don't know if a utopian society would be so great...sounds kind of boring...

Sy
Abolishment of ignorance would definetly be a boost to humanity as a whole.

manda

I don't know if a utopian society would be so great...sounds kind of boring...

not so much, everyone could be their natural self personatliy wise, it would just be nice to live where we don't worry about bills, because the essentials are provided, given we all work..

Sounds kind of cultish, but I.m sure it could work, it's just that nobody has done it right yet

Canucklehead
www.arcosanti.org/ (external - login to view)

manda
i want to make my own...perhaps I should just continue to live in my own little world

Haggis McBagpipe
I'd park the cars, all of 'em. Commercial transporation would remain as would public bus transportation (greatly enhanced), but no cars. Free bikes for everybody.

manda
Quote: Originally Posted by Haggis McBagpipe

I'd park the cars, all of 'em. Commercial transporation would remain as would public bus transportation (greatly enhanced), but no cars. Free bikes for everybody.

Easy for you to say, I live a 20 minute car drive away from work, and we have not transit system...show me a free hybrid, perhaps a car that could run on treated waste water or garbage, we have plenty of landfills just itching ot be used

Haggis McBagpipe

Quote: Originally Posted by Haggis McBagpipe

Easy for you to say, I live a 20 minute car drive away from work, and we have not transit system...show me a free hybrid, perhaps a car that could run on treated waste water or garbage, we have plenty of landfills just itching ot be used

Yes, but part of my plan is a beefed-up public transportation. Public transportation would be free as well as extremely accessible.

Machjo
Make friends with someone of a different culture!

manda
Quote: Originally Posted by Machjo

Make friends with someone of a different culture!

Learn to embrace all cultures, and be proud of your own