How hot is it where YOU are?

Ten Packs
From Enviro-can, for Kamloops:

Quote:

Today Sunny. Wind becoming west 20 km/h this afternoon. High 34. UV index 7 or high.
Tonight Clear. Wind west 20 km/h becoming light this evening. Low 16.
Thursday Sunny. Wind becoming west 20 km/h in the afternoon. High 32.
Friday A mix of sun and cloud. Low 15. High 31.
Saturday A mix of sun and cloud with 30 percent chance of showers. Low 15. High 30.
Sunday Cloudy with 40 percent chance of showers. Low 17. High 27.

peapod
Its smoking hot here its 29 definately time for the sooke pot holes after work

manda
Right now it's 24 with a humidex of 31...risk of thundershowers tonight Yippee

Cosmo
Pea said it ... it's beautiful here!! I love the sun!

Twila
I can never tell. I have no thermometer and the weather channel reports Richmond weather...which we all know is vastly different then Surrey weather.

It states Vancouver is 23. I know it's hotter here....Why it states vancouver when the weather was gaged from Richmond I'll never know.....oh the retardedness of it all.......

I think not
Blech, I don't even want to think about it. Humidity levels were 87% today 94 Farenheit, I think thats about 35 Celsius.

Canucklehead
After a few weeks of 30C+ high humidity weather here in Southern Ontario (19 - 22 overnight), it's going down to a chilly 11C tonight Brrrrrrrrr

I think not
Brrrr? Kenny would be very dissapointed :P

Canucklehead

I s'pose it woulda been an idea to add that outside of work I wear shorts n tees with bare feet from May - September, so YES Brrrrrr! I may have to resort to a... a... long sleeve shirt

Frito lay
Hotter Than Hell?

First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So,
we need to know the rate that souls are moving into Hell and the rate
they are leaving. I think that we can safely assume that once a soul
gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving.

As for how many souls are entering Hell, let's look at the different
religions that exist in the world today. Some of these religions state
that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to Hell.
Since there are more than one of these religions and since people do
not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all people and
all souls go to Hell. With birth and death rates as they are, we can
expect the number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially.

Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume in Hell because
Boyle's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure
in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell has to expand as souls
are added. This gives two possibilities:

1). If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls
enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase
until all Hell breaks loose.

2). Of course, if Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase
of souls in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until
Hell freezes over.

So which is it?

Vanni Fucci
...and more importantly:

If friction produces heat, and heat is a by-product of expended energy, on average how long would it take Frito to hump a pail of water til it boils?

Ten Packs
And at a more basic level, if a sheep is a ram and a donkey's an ***, how come a ram up the *** is a goose?

Jo Canadian

missile
Quote: Originally Posted by I think not

Blech, I don't even want to think about it. Humidity levels were 87% today 94 Farenheit, I think thats about 35 Celsius.

CNN said NYC hit 109 yesterday! Don't know how you can stand it

I think not
Quote: Originally Posted by missile

Quote: Originally Posted by I think not

CNN said NYC hit 109 yesterday! Don't know how you can stand it

That was the heat index, comparable to wind chill in the winter. And to answer your question, I blast the A/C!

no1important
It was about 28 C/82 F here yesterday, but in 5 minutes I am going to Kamloops, so I know it will be a lot hotter there. I expect it pushing 90-100F anyways.

missile
Did some enterprising reporter do the old "fry an egg on the sidewalk" bit yet? I haven't even had to use my little fan here YET!

I think not
Quote: Originally Posted by missile

Did some enterprising reporter do the old "fry an egg on the sidewalk" bit yet? I haven't even had to use my little fan here YET!

Now you know why I want to retire in the Atlantic Provinces, somewhere in Nova Scotia

Frito lay
Quote: Originally Posted by Vanni Fucci

...and more importantly:

If friction produces heat, and heat is a by-product of expended energy, on average how long would it take Frito to hump a pail of water til it boils?

About as long as it takes you to give me an oral tounge lashing in the basic proximity of where I excrete excess waist through my **** passage, untill I start dropping Happy Pancakes. "Grey Poupon" Fooni Vannachewme

Twila
I see the heat has gotten to both Vanni and Frito...............

GreenGreta
It is so hot that
- fat people sweat when they blink.
- skinny people sweat once they put on their second sweater.

Diamond Sun
I think we're sitting at about 32 or 33 degrees right now. I'm looking forward to the weekend in the moutains. A little cooler weather would be most welcome!

mrmom2
Tooooo Freeeakin hot is what it is 101 degrees on my deck right now God i hate summer I want snow dammit

Frito lay
Quote: Originally Posted by Frito lay

Quote: Originally Posted by Vanni Fucci

...and more importantly:

About as long as it takes you to give me an oral tounge lashing in the basic proximity of where I excrete excess waist through my **** passage, untill I start dropping Happy Pancakes. "Grey Poupon" Fooni Vannachewme

I am sorry Vunni, Lets kiss and make up

mrmom2
Fooni Vannachewme Your a beauty Frito Hey Vanni can we use that name its kind of catchy :P

peapod
I never noticed before how demented frito was, this must be what really gones on his mind, shocking

peapod
We gots a real nice ocean breeze happening now...what else coulds you expect in lotusland

Ocean Breeze
Quote: Originally Posted by peapod

We gots a real nice ocean breeze happening now...what else coulds you expect in lotusland

same here.

but it was a tad "warm" earlier..

Ten Packs
Been QUITE "breezy" here this evening!.... mind you, I am along the South Thompson river, from Kamloops to the Shuswap, so WIND is not unusual.
It helped this evening - we were able to open up the house (windows and doors) by 10:00 pm - quite nice now.

Ten Packs
Oddest thing - within an hour of my posting this note, the wind was 180 degrees opposite..... heading TOWARD the Shuswap, not away! And it was blowing!

Must be the old "high-temp" air moving toward the "cool-temp" air thing.

Works okay here, but don't try this at home in Nebraska, kiddies!

no new posts