You ever?

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Ah, diet food...I had a Big Mac for supper. It tasted like 60 year old sawdust soaked in borax. Everything around here tastes like that since I started ripping walls apart, but it occurs to me that the Big Macs tasted like that before.

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
Re: RE: You ever?

Reverend Blair said:
Ah, diet food...I had a Big Mac for supper. It tasted like 60 year old sawdust soaked in borax. Everything around here tastes like that since I started ripping walls apart, but it occurs to me that the Big Macs tasted like that before.

Are you tearing down your walls in a rage? I assume not, but during the actual tearing-down it seems one might as well be in a rage as not, it would make it more satisfying. You could yell a bit, gnash your teeth and beat your chest... then those neighbouring teens would really worry.

I like reading about the discoveries you're finding behind those walls.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
I've been tearing down the walls very methodically. Rage does not allow for the vagaries of rot under windows, nor is it conducive to the constant mathemetics required when working on a house built by drunken railway employees.

The destruction and most of the framing is done though. The dogs are terrified of the sound of an air nailer, and the cats freak out at the sight of my mighty reciprocating saw. Tomorrow we begin insulation.

I think the next project will be placing concrete. I'm not sure where or why, but I tripped over the mixer twice today and it seems to me that I should find an excuse to use it.

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC

Reverend Blair said:
I think the next project will be placing concrete. I'm not sure where or why, but I tripped over the mixer twice today and it seems to me that I should find an excuse to use it.
If it wasnt summer, and he must be busy, I'd get my nephew in Regina to come out to help you - he has spent 20 years "mud-jacking" (I'm sure you know what that is). In his off-time in Winter, he would probably work for "Food&Beer", but then who would do that work in winter?

(On second thought, for what it would run ya for "Food&Beer", you could hire Mike Holmes! :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
If it wasnt summer, and he must be busy, I'd get my nephew in Regina to come out to help you - he has spent 20 years "mud-jacking" (I'm sure you know what that is).

Yeah, they jack things up with mud. 8O

Really what they do is inject mud under things to bring them up to where they are supposed to be. It's cool and no less efficient than ripping everything up and starting over....and far cheaper.

Does it work? No! Neither does anything else.

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.

Can't believe it, I wandered out of here last night to get a drink, stopped to read something in a magazine about Lance Armstrong, and was struck with the wearies so bad that I didn't know another thing until this morning.

However, I can lie and say that my first thought this morning was of the profundities awaiting me in the you ever thread. :cool:

I am more impressed than words can say that you have tackled such a project, Rev. I'd've cut and run.

Reverend Blair said:
I've been tearing down the walls very methodically. Rage does not allow for the vagaries of rot under windows, nor is it conducive to the constant mathemetics required when working on a house built by drunken railway employees.

The destruction and most of the framing is done though. The dogs are terrified of the sound of an air nailer, and the cats freak out at the sight of my mighty reciprocating saw. Tomorrow we begin insulation.

Frito lay

Electoral Member
Feb 9, 2005
British Columbia
You ever drive down the road and all of a sudden some guy in a white Rolls Royce pulls up beside you, rolls down his window and say's "Pardon me, but would you happen to have any Grey Poupon?"

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005

Frito lay said:
You ever drive down the road and all of a sudden some guy in a white Rolls Royce pulls up beside you, rolls down his window and say's "Pardon me, but would you happen to have any Grey Poupon?"

Funnily enough, Mr lay, that very thing happened to me this very day. Of course, I didn't have such an item, but - being the helpful chap I am - offered him my own personal jar of Colman's Fine Dijon Mustard as an, I thought, equally delicious substitute. Can you believe, the bigoted fool was actually laughing as he drove away? The cheek! 8O

GreenGreta

Electoral Member
Jun 5, 2005
Lala Land
Why don't you throw up on him Manda like your cute little buddy in your signature. I've been watching it for about five minutes. F*ck the mustard....