The laundry thread

peapod
This is something no one ever wants to talk about There are some serious issues out there regarding laundry We need a all knowing and all seeing laundry guru. Someone who can answer our questions regarding washing, ironing, drying clothes and removing stains.
What do you know about washing machines And the biggest question of all??? where do all the missing socks go

Twila
The missing sock thing.......it all depends on the dynamics of your family....

Twila
The missing sock thing.......it all depends on the dynamics of your family....

peapod
I see thanks twinks Sounds like alot of homework

manda
the missing sock thing, is due to the vortex that exists in every dryer. Someday one of us will be sucked in, and the emerge victorious with all of our missing socks!

Reverend Blair
I find that if you wash all your clothes at the same time, they all turn a little grey. I think that's good because it keeps me from wondering what goes with which, but Mrs. Rev won't let me wash her clothes anymore.

peapod
I gots a good laundry hint, it also works in the bathtub Take a couple of those bounce things and use them to wipe the ring around the washer or the bathtub its very exciting stuff...and it really works

Did anyone catch martha's special on ironing...fascinating stuff

psssst......thats my laundry face

manda
Quote: Originally Posted by peapod

I gots a good laundry hint, it also works in the bathtub Take a couple of those bounce things and use them to wipe the ring around the washer or the bathtub its very exciting stuff...and it really works

Did anyone catch martha's special on ironing...fascinating stuff

psssst......thats my laundry face

My laundry face is more like this:

peapod
Hey this is what I found inside the last load of wash I did, must have been in my pocket
I really hate it when I leave bits of paper or kleenex in a pocket blah!
Did you catch martha with that bottle of water, sprinkling all her cottons and than ironing them whats up with that like who the hell is going to stand around and do that

Twila
I always find empty lip balm containers.....

I worry they may not have been empty before entering the laundry system.....

peapod
I to worry when I fish my driver's licence out of the final spin cycle....Blah! can't take to many of those

mrmom2
Pea hows the fishing been latley ?

peapod
Well I can't say I have been doing any mom but I hear its very good in port alberni To many wankers out there mom *looks around* especially those americans in their over the top boats gwad! you could live in one of those things But I will be going on holidays soon to the queen charlotte island, than I will really do some fishing Than my face will change to this not this Hows about you mom...you been fishing

Haggis McBagpipe
Quote: Originally Posted by Twila

I worry they may not have been empty before entering the laundry system.....

I've had lip balm containers come through the wash... I use them anyway, they don't seem any different.

We bought one of those nifty Euro-style washer/dryer machines, and I love-hate it. It is amazing how well it washes (front-loader), but god, the drying time is endless. It uses much less water for washing, though, so is good for anyone with a septic tank.

Best thing about it is the 'sanitary' cycle. There's a little heater inside that heats your already hot water to just under boiling. Good for towels, sheets, that sort of thing.

Great. I don't post in ages and when I finally get wordy it is on the subject of laundry. That depresses me.

mrmom2
Are you goig to Rivers Inlet to fish for northerns I'm soooo jealous you lucky devil I'm going fishing for lake minnows on saturday to one of our hidden lakes :P I'm garanteed to catch a buzz thats the only reason I'm going trout fishing just don't do it for me .Gots spoiled living on the coast and chasing the sams

Haggis McBagpipe
Oops! I think I posted in the wrong thread, sorry!

Reverend Blair
Quote:

My laundry face is more like this: angry9 bandhead

Why? It's the world's easiest job...put the clothes in and go drink beer for an hour.

Quote:

I worry they may not have been empty before entering the laundry system....

I often wash pens. That's good for that quasi tye-dyed look. I've washed my wallet a couple of times. How come the magnetic stripes on bank cards will work with a dog's toothmark in them, but fail after one trip through the wash? What the hell are they putting in Tide anyway?

manda
Quote: Originally Posted by Reverend Blair

Quote:

My laundry face is more like this: angry9 bandhead

Why? It's the world's easiest job...put the clothes in and go drink beer for an hour.

I often wash pens. That's good for that quasi tye-dyed look. I've washed my wallet a couple of times. How come the magnetic stripes on bank cards will work with a dog's toothmark in them, but fail after one trip through the wash? What the hell are they putting in Tide anyway?

Tide, brain washing type stuff. BTW...it's the folding and putting away of the laundry that makes me do those faces, and if i've been drinking beer for an hour, There'd be added bumps and bruises from me falling down the staris

Reverend Blair
See, there's your problem...I toss my clothes into a basket until I wear them or the cat pukes on them, whichever comes first, then I wash them again. No ironing, no folding, no putting things away.