It Was Just Like a Beer Commercial

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
I was out mowing and mowing and sweating and sweating. My wife had gone out shopping. I told her to buy me a bag of potatoes and some tobacco before she left, but had no other requests.

She came home just as I was finishing mowing the front. She had bought me not one, but two kinds of beer. The was a dozen Two Rivers Red and a dozen Sleeman's Honey Brown. I eyed the case of Two Rivers and imagined how nice it would be to have an ice cold beer while sitting in the shade before I resumed my mowing. It was like a dream.

I took the beer into the office and placed them lovingly into the beer fridge. Then I closed the fridge door. "Aren't you going to have one?" She asked. I just looked at her. Then I pointed at the calendar. "Oh yeah," she said.

Thing is that I can't have a beer until Wednesday afternoon because I'm going in for tests Wednesday morning and can't have anything that might affect my blood. I can't even have an aspirin.

This takes all of the fun out of mowing.
:(

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
RE: It Was Just Like a Be

Hard to work up too much pity for ya Rev ... I haven't had a cool crisp one in 18 years. Lots of times I've missed it! ;) Of course I've learned to be an asshole without the alcohol, but on hot days I still sometimes yearn for a hi-test.

Of course I've never mowed a lawn in the entire 46 years of my existance ... it's become a point of perverse pride for me. Don't like to wreck my nails, ya know. So perhaps I am uneducated about beer and lawn mowing.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Of course I've never mowed a lawn in the entire 46 years of my existance ... it's become a point of perverse pride for me. Don't like to wreck my nails, ya know.

OOOHHHHH....Mrs Rev could teach you a thing or two about yard work! She's busy though...you know how that is. :wink:

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
RE: It Was Just Like a Be

No thanks Rev ... I don't do yard work. I don't mind mechanics (used to do all my own work on my Harley) and don't mind renovations, but yard work isn't my deal at all. I go hang out in Peapod's little Eden when I get the urge to enjoy a garden. :) I live in a 20 storey apartment building so they have all kinds of people taking care of the yards. No need for me to even learn. They also have someone taking care of the pool, sauna, exercise room ... I just have to worry about my own nest. Now THAT I'd take help with! ;)

danielle

Jul 16, 2005
Does this "f 8) ck" spell what I think it does. B :twisted: :evil: ch What a delightful way to spell unacceptable words b :? 8O t :eek: :twisted: d............:roll: :lol: 8) :arrow: :idea: