Why can't women work together?

Frappuccino Dibs

Electoral Member
Apr 25, 2005
Ok, thats a bit of a blanket comment, but it is inspired by the episode of 'Apprentice, New York' that I watched last night.

It would appear that if you get a bunch of men together to do a task, they will cooperate and do the task.

If you get a bunch of women together you end up with a power struggle with a multitude of backstabbing etc.

I think mixed groups work well together but I've never really witnessed a large group of women attempt to get anything done.

Is this really how it is with a group of women? Or has Mr Trump managed to collect the biggest bunch power crazed, loser, women in NewYork?

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
I'm probably the last personal to make generalizations about women since I spend a lot of time lobbying for equality, but I gotta admit, I've had waaaaay more trouble working with women than with men. Women are catty ... and not usually direct about their feelings. Guys are more straight forward. Of course that's just my experience.

In general, I find it much easier to work with guys than women. It may be my own fault ... I have this innate, unintentional tendency to strive to be the "alpha bitch" in any office of women. It's not purposeful, but it makes work tougher. I think as women we have this weird competitive thing that happens. Or at least I do and have met a lot of other women with the same character flaw.

Guys just go out in the alley and punch each other out. Nice and straight forward. Women are far more subtle. Being a very direct sort of person, I find that difficult to deal with.

Good topic Frap!

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
RE: Why can't women work

Absolutely, Ol Dawg! Sometimes it just feels so damn GOOD to go PMS on someone's ass!! Very cathartic. ;)

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC

Ya got a point ... but at least you're now in the loop. Having the info can be vital to your survival! ;)

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

I use to work in an office where the men were as bad as these women you describe.

They were pushing each other of the coroporate ladder. They were notoriously deceptive, back stabbing creeps.

I believe that women and men do all the same things...we just give it a different name. Women gossip, men bullshit. etc

ol' dawg

Electoral Member
Jun 25, 2005
standing by a hydrant
Re: RE: Why can't women work together?

manda said:
ol' dawg said:
manda said:
I find that many women can't work well with each other. It could be due to insecurities of women, power hunger, and a healthy dose of PMS

There's a healthy dose of PMS? :?

Depending on who it's directed at...some people flat out deserve it

Yah ... I understand ... sometimes I'm such a hemarrhoid I deserve it.

But then, being single means I avoid it most times too. :lol:

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
A friend of mine commented that if you have an office full of women, and one gets mad at another, it goes on and on and on...if you have an office full of men, and one gets mad at another, he'll say "F*&k YOU!!!!!!!!!", usually followed a half hour later by, "Where are we going for lunch?"....

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
I don't fully understand it, but I think it's a real difference in the way men and women are wired.

Back in University, it was common for women to be switching roommates because they couldn't get along.....whereas it wasn't unusual for men to have roommates they didn't like/couldn't stand, and just ignore the situation for a year.

I never fully understood it. And I still don't. But having worked in an office with two women who couldn't get along to save their lives, it's frustrating.

manda

Council Member
Jul 3, 2005
swirling in the abyss of nowhere la
Re: RE: Why can't women work together?

TenPenny said:
A friend of mine commented that if you have an office full of women, and one gets mad at another, it goes on and on and on...if you have an office full of men, and one gets mad at another, he'll say "F*&k YOU!!!!!!!!!", usually followed a half hour later by, "Where are we going for lunch?"....

I'm more this type, unless it is someone who has given me damn good reason not to like them :violent3:

annabattler

Electoral Member
Jun 3, 2005

I think women can,and do work together.
In my community,a number of years ago,ten women got together,apllied for local,provincial and federal funding and started a community resource centre,which eventually housed 29 agencies under one roof...and spun off a community legal centre,a literacy centre,a womens shelter and an employment centre.
Perhaps the difference in 'togetherness" comes from women working in the more aggressive business community,feeling the need to be more competitive,looking for advancement,etc.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

Annabattler, I think you right. Course, we women wouldn't have to be so cut throat if we were paid the same as a man for the same work.......

Just thought I'd throw that out there.....

ol' dawg

Electoral Member
Jun 25, 2005
standing by a hydrant
Re: RE: Why can't women work

annabattler said:
I think women can,and do work together.
In my community,a number of years ago,ten women got together,apllied for local,provincial and federal funding and started a community resource centre,which eventually housed 29 agencies under one roof...and spun off a community legal centre,a literacy centre,a womens shelter and an employment centre.
Perhaps the difference in 'togetherness" comes from women working in the more aggressive business community,feeling the need to be more competitive,looking for advancement,etc.

I think that raises a good point. Women (people in general) can work together when they have a common goal.

Perhaps the phrase could be ... 'women can't be employed together'. I mean work is work, ... if you really don't want to be there in the first place, and then there's all the office politics to suffer thru, then personalities clash and hierarchies get established. Maybe men accept hierarchies more easily.