Why can't women work together?

Frappuccino Dibs
Ok, thats a bit of a blanket comment, but it is inspired by the episode of 'Apprentice, New York' that I watched last night.

It would appear that if you get a bunch of men together to do a task, they will cooperate and do the task.

If you get a bunch of women together you end up with a power struggle with a multitude of backstabbing etc.

I think mixed groups work well together but I've never really witnessed a large group of women attempt to get anything done.

Is this really how it is with a group of women? Or has Mr Trump managed to collect the biggest bunch power crazed, loser, women in NewYork?

manda
I find that many women can't work well with each other. It could be due to insecurities of women, power hunger, and a healthy dose of PMS

Said1
Too catty.

Cosmo
I'm probably the last personal to make generalizations about women since I spend a lot of time lobbying for equality, but I gotta admit, I've had waaaaay more trouble working with women than with men. Women are catty ... and not usually direct about their feelings. Guys are more straight forward. Of course that's just my experience.

In general, I find it much easier to work with guys than women. It may be my own fault ... I have this innate, unintentional tendency to strive to be the "alpha bitch" in any office of women. It's not purposeful, but it makes work tougher. I think as women we have this weird competitive thing that happens. Or at least I do and have met a lot of other women with the same character flaw.

Guys just go out in the alley and punch each other out. Nice and straight forward. Women are far more subtle. Being a very direct sort of person, I find that difficult to deal with.

Good topic Frap!

ol' dawg
Quote: Originally Posted by manda

I find that many women can't work well with each other. It could be due to insecurities of women, power hunger, and a healthy dose of PMS

There's a healthy dose of PMS?

Cosmo
Absolutely, Ol Dawg! Sometimes it just feels so damn GOOD to go PMS on someone's ***!! Very cathartic.

ol' dawg
Quote: Originally Posted by Cosmo

Absolutely, Ol Dawg! Sometimes it just feels so damn GOOD to go PMS on someone's ***!! Very cathartic.

Oh, I get it ... it's healthy for you ... but not me

Cosmo
Ya got a point ... but at least you're now in the loop. Having the info can be vital to your survival!

Twila
I use to work in an office where the men were as bad as these women you describe.

They were pushing each other of the coroporate ladder. They were notoriously deceptive, back stabbing creeps.

I believe that women and men do all the same things...we just give it a different name. Women gossip, men bull****. etc

ol' dawg

Ya got a point ... but at least you're now in the loop. Having the info can be vital to your survival!

Wow Cosmo ... that's 2 short posts.

manda
Quote: Originally Posted by ol' dawg

Depending on who it's directed at...some people flat out deserve it

ol' dawg

Depending on who it's directed at...some people flat out deserve it

Yah ... I understand ... sometimes I'm such a hemarrhoid I deserve it.

But then, being single means I avoid it most times too.

Cosmo

Wow Cosmo ... that's 2 short posts.

Smart ***. Sometimes I can be quiet.

TenPenny
A friend of mine commented that if you have an office full of women, and one gets mad at another, it goes on and on and on...if you have an office full of men, and one gets mad at another, he'll say "F*&k YOU!!!!!!!!!", usually followed a half hour later by, "Where are we going for lunch?"....

Cosmo
Hate to admit it, TenPenny, but it's true.

Dawg ... that's 3 now!!!

TenPenny
I don't fully understand it, but I think it's a real difference in the way men and women are wired.

Back in University, it was common for women to be switching roommates because they couldn't get along.....whereas it wasn't unusual for men to have roommates they didn't like/couldn't stand, and just ignore the situation for a year.

I never fully understood it. And I still don't. But having worked in an office with two women who couldn't get along to save their lives, it's frustrating.

manda
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPenny

A friend of mine commented that if you have an office full of women, and one gets mad at another, it goes on and on and on...if you have an office full of men, and one gets mad at another, he'll say "F*&k YOU!!!!!!!!!", usually followed a half hour later by, "Where are we going for lunch?"....

I'm more this type, unless it is someone who has given me damn good reason not to like them

annabattler
I think women can,and do work together.
In my community,a number of years ago,ten women got together,apllied for local,provincial and federal funding and started a community resource centre,which eventually housed 29 agencies under one roof...and spun off a community legal centre,a literacy centre,a womens shelter and an employment centre.
Perhaps the difference in 'togetherness" comes from women working in the more aggressive business community,feeling the need to be more competitive,looking for advancement,etc.

Twila
Annabattler, I think you right. Course, we women wouldn't have to be so cut throat if we were paid the same as a man for the same work.......

Just thought I'd throw that out there.....

ol' dawg
Quote: Originally Posted by annabattler

I think women can,and do work together.
In my community,a number of years ago,ten women got together,apllied for local,provincial and federal funding and started a community resource centre,which eventually housed 29 agencies under one roof...and spun off a community legal centre,a literacy centre,a womens shelter and an employment centre.
Perhaps the difference in 'togetherness" comes from women working in the more aggressive business community,feeling the need to be more competitive,looking for advancement,etc.

I think that raises a good point. Women (people in general) can work together when they have a common goal.

Perhaps the phrase could be ... 'women can't be employed together'. I mean work is work, ... if you really don't want to be there in the first place, and then there's all the office politics to suffer thru, then personalities clash and hierarchies get established. Maybe men accept hierarchies more easily.

ol' dawg

Hate to admit it, TenPenny, but it's true.

Dawg ... that's 3 now!!!

You know I luv ya, Cos ... I deserve some PMS thrown my way.

Dexter Sinister
Yeah, I've noticed something like this too: the dynamic in groups of women is often far different from what you find in groups of men. Mixed groups are different again, and in my experience, better. I dunno that it can be generalized into a broader principle, but anybody who thinks men and women aren't wired differently isn't paying attention. What I've observed in my working life, more specifically, is that women generally cannot work with a woman they personally dislike, but men seem able to pull together on whatever activity the group's working on regardless of personal feelings.

To put it another way, men compartmentalize their lives into categories like personal and professional and generally keep them separate; with women it's all personal and the group has to click socially first, regardless of whatever else might be going on. I concede this observation is completely unscientific and purely anecdotal, I really have no idea whether or not it's generally true, and I make no claims about one way being better than the other. It's just what I've noticed in my life, and I'd really like to see some sociologist or psychologist take a close scientific look at it.

And since the subject of PMS has been raised, and having just been through a week of it with the females in my household, I'd like to remark that PMS actually means Periodically Missing Sanity.

Twila
Quote:

I'd like to remark that PMS actually means Periodically Missing Sanity.

Funny, but I thought it stood for Putting up with mens shite.

GreenGreta
Please More Sex?

Vanni Fucci
Pass My Slippers?

Twila
Potential Murder Suspect

Vanni Fucci
Please Make Sandwiches... :P

ol' dawg
You mean it doesn't mean

Punch My Spouse ( or Punch My Significantother ) ???

manda
Quote: Originally Posted by GreenGreta

Please More Sex?

I like this one... but I thing it means Pissed off more simply.

Twila
I once was fortunate (unfortunate)enough to witness a friend suffering from pms argue with her husband......

What I learned was that......men suffer alot for it.....I was stunned by the.....insiginificance of the topic that caused my friend to feel the need to argue to the death........

Having suffered pms I can tell you that on this side it doesn't feel insignificant. That to be riding an emotional roller coaster with no control is a very very horrible thing.

I firmly believe that the gov't of Canada should give us Canadian women access to free pamprin. It would serve for the benefit and wellbeing of the entire population....and may infact lower violent crimes against men.....poverty and shop aholic spending......and other crimes.