conflict of interest

albertzz

Jul 5, 2005
I think there is a clear conflict of interest between people being moderators on the one hand and at the same time being active contributors.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
the test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function-
F. Scott Fitzgerald.

I think they do an excellent job.......

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
I think that every time you complain about the moderators, god kills a kitten.

The only places I've seen where mods were not active contributors were places where the mods were paid. Since this is not a corporate site designed to advertise a TV station or sell substandard beer, I don't think that's an option here.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
Re: RE: conflict of interest

Twila said:
the test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function-
F. Scott Fitzgerald.

I think they do an excellent job.......

I haven't been here long, but I think they're ok, I've seen A LOT worse.

BTW, did I miss something? :D

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
albertzz said:
I think there is a clear conflict of interest between people being moderators on the one hand and at the same time being active contributors.

Unfortunate you feel that way, albertzz ... my suggestion is to take it up with the owner of the board, Andem.

I suspect this comes out of my disagreeing with you in the same sex marriage post.

A kitten Rev? :lol: :lol: At least it's not a puppy!

Thanks for the support from all of you ... we do our best to wear both hats without bias.

albertzz

Jul 5, 2005
Sorry, it's not a big deal. I took issue with the way someone replied to me (it was more of a dismissive non-reply) and so I PM'd them with a "concerned emoticon" and was prompltly told to never PM that again as they attached MODERATOR to it in an ominous 'i have power over you" kind of way. It was just...unpleasant.

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net

albertzz said:
Sorry, it's not a big deal. I took issue with the way someone replied to me (it was more of a dismissive non-reply) and so I PM'd them with a "concerned emoticon" and was prompltly told to never PM that again as they attached MODERATOR to it in an ominous 'i have power over you" kind of way. It was just...unpleasant.

Well there's only 3 moderators on right now, and whereas I may respond to your attitude in such terms, I didn't, and I don't think that either Peapod or Cosmo would respond to you in that manner...

So I'm calling bullshit, unless you'd like to post proof of your allegations...

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital

albertzz said:

At you, not with you. :laughing5: :laughing3:

albertzz

Jul 5, 2005
peapod responded to my comments on same sex-marriage with :blah" I got angry and PMd her immediately with :roll: . She then sent this:

To: albertzz
Posted: July 7th, 2005 5:58 pm
Subject: Re: uh Quote message

Don't you ever pm me again, with that nonsense.

But that's NOT what this topic was supposed to be about. It was supposed to be about how I think it's ridiculous that moderators can LORD their moderator powers over you when you haven't actually done anything wrong, when you're just in disagreement.

anyway, rev is right and you guys and gals work hard for free. I started this post when I was annoyed. It's not a big deal. I'm letting it go and would delete this thread if I could. Sorry.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Am I gonna have to start passing out soothers around here 8O I take exception to someone pming me and saying nothing but posting rolling eyes. Its dumb ass...to bad you forgot to mention that you pmed me first with your nonsense. I told you not to pm me again and what do you do...well another dumb ass move...you pm me again with rolling eyes. Like said said...bwhahahahahahahhaahahhaahahahahaahha....now wipe your nose and grow up boy!

Peapod
aka moderator 8O ...also packin heat :twisted:

albertzz

Jul 5, 2005
No actually I clearly wrote that I PMd you first with my nonsense. I'm sorry you can't read. I'm also sorry that you have the professionalism that one can expect from someone who is doing their job for free. I'm also sorry I've been a tightwad, but seeing as you're a *deleted* I don't really care

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
peapod said:
Am I gonna have to start passing out soothers around here 8O I take exception to someone pming me and saying nothing but posting rolling eyes. Its dumb ass...to bad you forgot to mention that you pmed me first with your nonsense. I told you not to pm me again and what do you do...well another dumb ass move...you pm me again with rolling eyes. Like said said...bwhahahahahahahhaahahhaahahahahaahha....now wipe your nose and grow up boy!

Peapod
aka moderator 8O ...also packin heat :twisted:

Isn't posting a pm against rules or something?

Anyway, telling someone to get lost is hardly lording power.

And Pea, since you asked, I'll take a chocolate covered sussie!

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
God's just packing those kittens into a burlap sack and heading to the river. You are responsible for a virtual faith-based feline genocide Albertzz.

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
:lol: :lol: Duck! Here comes Peapod Oakley with her gardening shears!!

I think albertzz just going to forget it ever happened. Right albertzz?