Suprise Us

Reverend Blair
Actually I was just typing with a Ukranian accent...my fingers laft my hands so I go to my pick-up truch and open a beer with my wranch.

Toro
Quote: Originally Posted by Reverend Blair

Unfortunately, no. So far I've 1/2 of one beer. I hadn't had any when my fingers laft my hands.

Better get at it then. Its Friday.

Reverend Blair
Yup.

Said1
Speaking of beer and surprised, I can drink about 12 of the damn things when the mood strikes me.

Toro
I can't, not anymore anyways. Even the crappy American mass-produced cooking beer like Bud.

Reverend Blair
Quote:

Speaking of beer and surprised, I can drink about 12 of the damn things when the mood strikes me.

yup. Or eighteen. Sometimes a couple dozen. Whatever.

Said1

Quote:

yup. Or eighteen. Sometimes a couple dozen. Whatever.

Exactly, whatever.

Can you grab one for me on the way back from the fridge?

Reverend Blair
Certainly...Dark, light, or red?

TenPenny
Moosehead India Pale Ale, please. Failing that, a TenPenny would be good.

Said1

Certainly...Dark, light, or red?

Light, cream ale if you got it.

Reverend Blair
There might be one in the back of the fridge....I bought some cream ale by accident one night. I can't stomach the stuff myself.

Ah, yeah...here ya go.

Jay
I'm having a Canadian Club (12 year) with diet coke...

Said1
Quote: Originally Posted by Jay

Bad Jay. If you're going to mix CC with anything, it MUST be with gingerale! If there was a CC and gingerale flavoured soda, I would live off it!

And Rev, thanks for the ale! Cheers!

Hard-Luck Henry
Did somebody say "ale"? I'll have you know, I'm rather partial to a few ales, on occasion. Oh, hang on ... this is the "surprise us" thread, not the "state the bleedin' obvious" thread.

Sorry.

Do carry on ...

Hard-Luck Henry
Quote: Originally Posted by Said1

Bad Jay. If you're going to mix CC with anything, it MUST be with gingerale! If there was a CC and gingerale flavoured soda, I would live off it!

Eek! Ice maybe, but coke, and diet coke at that! Blasphemy. Remember: "Dilute it. Don't pollute it."

Reverend Blair
hmmm...reminds me of that old blues tune, "So I took out my Canadian Club and to her surprise..." okay, then I don't remember the words until, "So she said why don't you make like Mr. Chesterfield and satisfy me?"

It's a true work of art, nothing but double entendres based on brand names of cigarettes and booze. I must have that again. I think it's on the Blues Brothers first album, but it was also on something else...something better.

Zen! You've heard most of this stuff.

Said1
Quote: Originally Posted by Hard-Luck Henry

Quote: Originally Posted by Said1

Eek! Ice maybe, but coke, and diet coke at that! Blasphemy. Remember: "Dilute it. Don't pollute it."

Exactly. It's a dash of gingerale with CC.

Reverend Blair
Whiskey, like vengeance, is best straight up and cold.

The last time I saw my Grandma Lucy as herself she served me warm rye (Three Feathers) and tepid water at 9:30 in the morning. It's how I could tell she was still herself. Then I took her out to buy some kolbasa. The guy who sells the meat gave me some warm rye (Three Feathers) and some tepid water.

After I was done dealing with Grandma (trust me...you only ever dealt with Lucy...getting out with your skin was a feat) I went over to my cousin's place. She sat me down at the table and poured me a warm rye (Three Feathers) and put a pitcher of tepid water on the table.

One side of my family always asks why I seem to prefer the other side more. It seems a little petty, and there's a lot more to it, but it might be that they've heard of f*cking ice.

TenPenny
But a good scotch needs no ice.....

Reverend Blair
Yup. But if you visit my relatives you're getting a glass (about four ounces...they use juice glasses) of the cheapest rye there is. No ice.

manda
mmmm....beer...mmmm....whisky, mmmmm....chasing whisky with beer