Motorcycle Ride Through Chernobyl

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
I love those pics Said1 did you know it was thw 19 year anivesary of that disaster in april 8O To bad Elana's story about her ride through the area is bogus :wink: Still great shots I wish there were some more up to date ones 8)

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
mrmom2 said:
I love those pics Said1 did you know it was thw 19 year anivesary of that disaster in april 8O To bad Elana's story about her ride through the area is bogus :wink: Still great shots I wish there were some more up to date ones 8)

What makes you say it's bogus, I really don't have a good eye for detail.

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
I did some research on Chernobyl and found a site that tore her whole story to shreds .They went there and set up some of the same shots 8O That shot of the doll in the cradle was a complete set up :( I'll see if I can find it and post it for you :wink:

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now
I was checking out som chernobyl stuff and found this interesting tidbit.

LONDON -- Scientists studying wildlife in contaminated wastes around the Chernobyl nuclear power station have made a sinister discovery - voles that thrive on radioactive pollution.

``These are the most contaminated animals I've seen anywhere,'' said Ron Chesser of the University of Georgia in today's edition of New Scientist journal.

Radioactivity and other pollutants usually trigger mutations in animal genes, which weaken the species by killing its members before they can reproduce.

But a species of vole is breeding healthily and producing ...
source

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
mrmom2 said:
I did some research on Chernobyl and found a site that tore her whole story to shreds .They went there and set up some of the same shots 8O That shot of the doll in the cradle was a complete set up :( I'll see if I can find it and post it for you :wink:

I can see the dolls and some other stuff being set up, but everything had to be left, it was contaiminated. Who knows, the other stuff was still cool.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
Jo Canadian said:

LONDON -- Scientists studying wildlife in contaminated wastes around the Chernobyl nuclear power station have made a sinister discovery - voles that thrive on radioactive pollution.

``These are the most contaminated animals I've seen anywhere,'' said Ron Chesser of the University of Georgia in today's edition of New Scientist journal.

Radioactivity and other pollutants usually trigger mutations in animal genes, which weaken the species by killing its members before they can reproduce.

source

I don't feel like registering, can't you just paste the entire article?

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
Oh yea the pics are very cool its the story of riding through there and some of her radiation readings and some of the other stuff she said :wink: What a horror show all those ruined lives the world shoud pay more attension .That reactor is still hot and has heat spikes till this day.A team of US scientists are supposed be puttting a robot inside this year 8) I sure hope we get to see sme of those pics

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now
Said1 said:
Jo Canadian said:

source

:lol: I'd like to but I'm not registered either. I have enough time between calls here to make a sentence if I'm lucky. However I am trying to find the article somewhere else where I don't have to go through it either.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
Jo Canadian said:
Said1 said:
Jo Canadian said:

source

:lol: I'd like to but I'm not registered either. I have enough time between calls here to make a sentence if I'm lucky. However I am trying to find the article somewhere else where I don't have to go through it either.

Ok,, I'll do it. I HATE registering. :evil: