View Poll Results: If you had 1% of all knowlegde do you think that it's possible that in the other 99% god exists?
Absolutley(christian) 5 50.00%
I guess(ignostic) 5 50.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Jay
#181
Quote: Originally Posted by Vanni Fucci

Quote: Originally Posted by Slurpie

The old testament gives prophesies that jesus would come(I have read the bible about 3 times-still reading) anyway the old testament was written around 4000bc and the new testament around 80 so the prophesies of the bible are proven true. Therefore the bible must be true oh and i wrote that last night about getting that proof and i will on saterday! I'm sorry that you feel i'm chocking you all with this stuff i'm saying and i don't mean to be insulting(ITN-i was just wondering why some christians don't go to church-i love my church- i went to a catholic church once-horrible- i can understand when there's wooden benches and the priest says some mumbojumbo about some funeral that happen a while ago or like-well i fell asleep by then !

No prophesy has been fulfilled and I defy you to provide proof of your claim...


Don't people like to say the state of Israel is a fulfilled prophecy? It's one of the ones that comes to mind off the top of my head...
 
Slurpie
#182
thank you ITN
 
GreenGreta
#183
Quote: Originally Posted by Slurpie

god see's servantes differently then we do he sees them as children and treats them as children he doesn't treat them like slaves that the world had.

Would you like some bible passages showing just how nasty slaves are treated in the bible? It is my favorite part of the bible, I can find any such passage in no time. It's even sort a fun.
God treats them with whips, just as we did.
 
Slurpie
#184
god didn't you say it say's in the bible? all the slavery i know of in the bible(really bad slavery) was in egypt
 
Jay
#185
Heaping coals on their heads....
 
Slurpie
#186
tell me what you got.
 
Slurpie
#187
Quote: Originally Posted by Jay

Heaping coals on their heads....

where's you hear that? or read it? the egyptians were bad to the israelites though - not god's fault.
 
Jay
#188
The post didn't make sense...Heaping coals on their heads is a phrase used in the bible to describe taking crap from other people...I posted it in context to GreenGreta's post...sorry for the confusion.
 
damngrumpy
#189
I am glad that the belief in God exists, because if no one believed in God, we may not be as safe in our beds as we are. Sometimes the only thing that holds some crazy people back from doing nasty things is a belief in God.
I have no proof one way or the other, however I do not believe in hell, that is but a scare tactic.
As for giving an unseen hand credit for your own deeds, well our own deeds are seldom the work of ourselves alone. There are often a lot of unseen hands behind our achievments.
I do not believe there is a big guy walking about the universe with a rule book keeping track of each infraction of the rules that you make.
The Bible is more about power than religion, and it is sort of a history book, where the chapters have bee rewritten several times.
 
Slurpie
#190
the king james version is the same as the original translation.
 
Jay
#191
The originals are in Hebrew and Greek....
 
Slurpie
#192
translation!
 
Vanni Fucci
#193
Quote: Originally Posted by Slurpie

the king james version is the same as the original translation.

No, the KJV is not the original...nowhere near it...

There are some historians that believe that Sir Francis Bacon edited the final draft of the Authorized Version, or King James Version to which it's been colloquially referred.

Sir Francis Bacon was a Kabbalist and Rosicrucian that was deeply entrenched in secret societies and eastern mysticism...also many believe that he is a likely candidate for authorship of Shakespeare's plays and sonnets...
 
Slurpie
#194
well if you read the bible carefully would you find anything far from gods word?
 
Jay
#195
You know what they say...Shakespeare ate Bacon for breakfast....

I dunno if itís true or not...But I like the Bacon idea...


No comment on my earlier post about Israel?
 
Slurpie
#196
I think that's good i mentioned it before in this topic though
 
Jay
#197
Sorry, I meant Vanni....

If you mentioned it earlier, I apologize...maybe that is why I didn't get any comments on itÖ.
 
Slurpie
#198
no vanni never commented when i said it either.
 
Jay
#199
He gets busy..keeping the rug rats in line around here.
 
Slurpie
#200
so do you beleive in god?
 
Jay
#201
Yes, I'm a Christian.
 
Slurpie
#202
lol ur posts is 1904 are you that old?
 
Vanni Fucci
#203
Quote: Originally Posted by Jay

You know what they say...Shakespeare ate Bacon for breakfast....

I dunno if itís true or not...But I like the Bacon idea...


No comment on my earlier post about Israel?

I just got into work, and they actually expect me to do my job...I'll look at it when I get a chance, ok...
 
Jay
#204
No, ITN is old...

I'm just happy to share my wit with the free world.
 
Jay
#205
Quote: Originally Posted by Vanni Fucci

Quote: Originally Posted by Jay

You know what they say...Shakespeare ate Bacon for breakfast....

I dunno if itís true or not...But I like the Bacon idea...


No comment on my earlier post about Israel?

I just got into work, and they actually expect me to do my job...I'll look at it when I get a chance, ok...


No rush.
 
Slurpie
#206
i hope you (vanni and everyone) has the job they love.
 
Vanni Fucci
#207
Ok...I've got a moment now for a quick post...

As I stated earlier, there is no archaelogical evidence to support the notion that Israel has any more claim to that land than anyone else...there is no evidence that Moses existed, there is no evidence of that there was a mass exodus from Egypt...there is no evidence that the people of Israel were in captivity in Egypt...

Oh...and the OT Testament was written in the 7th century BCE...

www.theosophical.org.uk/Biblunsbd.htm (external - login to view)

In 1948 following the persecution of the Jews in Germany, the world felt pity for them and with the aid of the UN, US and Britain, the state of Israel was established by Zionists wishing to fulfill biblical prophesy...

A Palestinian Perspective (external - login to view)

A Jewish Perspective (external - login to view)
 
Vanni Fucci
#208
As to the authenticity of the Patriarch Abraham, and his somewhat spurious origins, I will only say this:

Quote:

Genesis 11:31 And Terah took Abram his son, and Lot the son of Haran his son's son, and Sarai his daughter in law, his son Abram's wife; and they went forth with them from Ur of the Chaldees, to go into the land of Canaan; and they came unto Haran, and dwelt there.

Ur is considered by many archaeologists to be the oldest city discovered to date, (I disagree, but that's another matter entirely), and the Chaldeans were a civilzation that occupied that city. This problem with this story is that the Chaldean civilization did not emerge until around 600 BCE. There was no earlier civilization known as the Chaldeans, and yet the biblical scholars have Abraham pegged as living between approximately 2000 BCE and 1870 BCE. Obviously the Bible is wrong in this matter.

It is interesting to note that it was the under Chaldean King Nebuchadnezzar II that the Jews enslaved or otherwise forced into exile.

It was also during this time that the Tower of Babel is believed to have been built...if it in fact existed...
 
Toro
#209
Quote: Originally Posted by Slurpie

i hope you (vanni and everyone) has the job they love.

I think some people won't have one if they're companies ever tracked their internet habits.
 
Vanni Fucci
#210
Quote: Originally Posted by Toro

Quote: Originally Posted by Slurpie

i hope you (vanni and everyone) has the job they love.

I think some people won't have one if they're companies ever tracked their internet habits.

Hey now...I'm not browsing porn or anything...this is legitimate job related research I'm doing...
 
no new posts