View Poll Results: If you had 1% of all knowlegde do you think that it's possible that in the other 99% god exists?
Absolutley(christian) 5 50.00%
I guess(ignostic) 5 50.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

I think not
Quote: Originally Posted by Slurpie

Quote: Originally Posted by I think not

u mean like you don't go to church? i know some people who do that but i enjoy the service Makes me think about my actions.

Well thats fine. I have gone to church, I MAY go during Easter, and thats about it. Other than that, I TRY and love thy neighbor.

loving your neighbors is a lot easier when god's helping

Yeah, but I don't have to go to church for that, do I?

I think not
Quote: Originally Posted by Vanni Fucci

Other than that, I TRY and love thy neighbor.

Not too much, I hope...her husband might find out... :P

Slurpie
i guess not but you learn stuff and it keeps you on track gives you something to do on the sabbath.

Vanni Fucci
Did you ever get back to me on whether Christians are going to burn in hell for having their Sabbath on Sunday, ITN?

I think not

i guess not but you learn stuff and it keeps you on track gives you something to do on the sabbath.

I help kids go to college, I have my hands full as it is, and if I go to chruch, I may run the risk of being asked to build an ark and I just can't afford it quite honestly.

I think not

Did you ever get back to me on whether Christians are going to burn in hell for having their Sabbath on Sunday, ITN?

No, you killed the topic remember?

Vanni Fucci
I killed it?

Let me take a look...

*shuffle, shuffle*

Slurpie
sabbath is on sunday it was just some guy who made sunday the 1st of the week just like that american guy that said that z(zed) is z(zee)

Slurpie

I help kids go to college, I have my hands full as it is, and if I go to chruch, I may run the risk of being asked to build an ark and I just can't afford it quite honestly.

no time for god? or just don't like church?

I think not

no time for god? or just don't like church?

I have no time for priests that allow children to die all over the world while some yoyo sits in the lap of luxury in the Vatican or the Archibishop or whomever your denominationn falls under. Have them sleep with the dying kids in rags and I'll be the first to do the same.

Slurpie
i go to a non- denominational church. I never heard of what you said the kid stuff.

Vanni Fucci

sabbath is on sunday it was just some guy who made sunday the 1st of the week just like that american guy that said that z(zed) is z(zee)

Yes...but when that covenant with God was made with the people of Israel, they were directed by God to keep Sabbath on the seventh day. That day for the Israelites was from sundown on Friday, to sundown of Saturday. When Constantine reformed Christianity in the 4th century, he decided that the seventh day would be on Sunday...this is an affront to the original covenant, and punishable by eternal damnation...

Too bad for the Christians...

I think not

i go to a non- denominational church. I never heard of what you said the kid stuff.

Well I grew up being a Greek Orthodox Christian, and I was told, we follow the word of Christ to the exact letter. And I can tell you that the church in Greece at least, owns more property than the government. And that to me is a turnoff when kids are orphaned and have no home.

Slurpie
i still don't understand what orphans have to do with church

Slurpie
u know what the sabbath is? a day of rest- good for life. anyway the first covenant was cancelled when the new one came.

Vanni Fucci

u know what the sabbath is? a day of rest- good for life. anyway the first covenant was cancelled when the new one came.

It was written in the Ten Commandments...were those cancelled too?

I think not

The chruch should dispose of wealth and give it where it is needed. Jesus Christ walked around in sandals and preists are living it up. Understand now?

Vanni Fucci

The chruch should dispose of wealth and give it where it is needed. Jesus Christ walked around in sandals and preists are living it up. Understand now?

...and he couldn't afford a haircut...something he and I have in common...

I think not
Vanni, you will never find the "proof" you seek. It's a matter of faith, its as simple as that.

Slurpie

no but no one ever says now that the sabbath was on -what did you say the sabbath was on

Slurpie
preists do take a lot i guess but they give a lot anyway in the bible the levis where given 10% of the churches or temples profit.

Vanni Fucci

Vanni, you will never find the "proof" you seek. It's a matter of faith, its as simple as that.

That's not good enough...there are far more logical, testable, and certain answers out there than this fairy tale...

The whole concept of religion and God is spurious at best...

Slurpie
it all makes sense that this happened. fairy tales aren't scientificaly possible and the bible is.

I think not

That's not good enough...there are far more logical, testable, and certain answers out there than this fairy tale...

The whole concept of religion and God is spurious at best...

Like I said, you will never find proof. Anything short of a burning cross in the sky, lit 24 hours a day, like Carl Sagan once remarked, will convince you. And then you probably won't either.

I think a first step in having faith is having hope, if you can't have hope you can't have faith.

Slurpie
ITN is right you have to take a step of faith.(leap) though one day you'll be in a situation where's you'll come to meet god because no one can sin enough(besides th devil) to be forever condemned to hell without a 2nd chance.

Vanni Fucci

no but no one ever says now that the sabbath was on -what did you say the sabbath was on

The Torah does...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shabbat (external - login to view)

Quote:

Shabbat is a day of celebration as well as one of prayer. Three festive meals are eaten each Shabbat: on Friday night, Saturday afternoon, and early Saturday evening before the conclusion of the Shabbat. All Jews are encouraged to attend services at a synagogue during Shabbat, even if they would not normally do so on weekdays.

bulldog
Absolutely I do believe in God, although I don't consider myself a religious fanatic. I respect others' opinion about religion as long as they don't try to cram it down my throat.

Bull Dog

Slurpie
i still think god would have told someone if we were in trouble for doing it whatever way. anyway you do what you want because i beleive that god'll come through to you so if you don't want to talk about this anymore then that's fine do you still want that proof though?

I think not

i still think god would have told someone if we were in trouble for doing it whatever way. anyway you do what you want because i beleive that god'll come through to you so if you don't want to talk about this anymore then that's fine do you still want that proof though?

You have proof?

Slurpie
yes i can get it for saterday. I don't have it my friend who finds proof for a living knows though.

no new posts