View Poll Results: If you had 1% of all knowlegde do you think that it's possible that in the other 99% god exists?
Absolutley(christian) 5 50.00%
I guess(ignostic) 5 50.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Slurpie
#91
Quote: Originally Posted by Vanni Fucci

Quote: Originally Posted by Slurpieyou like feeling the way you do?Not quite sure what you're getting at here, but how I feel has no bearing on what is truth. Facts are facts whether I feel good about them or not.
I know soe people who study evolution and creation and i'll ask them for some proof that god exists. i'll get back to you about this saterday.
Quote: Originally Posted by Slurpie(it's only tempoary you know-this is what i think i'm trying not to judge you but if you differ then say so)Again, not sure what you're getting at here, could you elaborate please?
life is only tempoary and the way you feel (even though you think that it doesn't have anything to do with it feelings come from the heart (this girl was murdered so they gave her heart to somebody and that person had nightmares about the girls murder so with her nightmares they caught the murderer(they found proof too) so heart is where the concience is) i want to know how you feel in you're heart. If you feel bad then maybe you'd like to try going to church and try to reason with what the pastor is saying!(i recomend a non-denonminashional church)

Quote has been trimmed
the real world? the world is corrupt i live in it and i stay clear from the sinful ways of the world!
 
Slurpie
#92
that didn't work with all the quoting hard to read
 
Vanni Fucci
#93
Quote: Originally Posted by Slurpie

I know soe people who study evolution and creation and i'll ask them for some proof that god exists. i'll get back to you about this saterday.

Yes, please do...

Quote: Originally Posted by Slurpie

life is only tempoary and the way you feel (even though you think that it doesn't have anything to do with it feelings come from the heart (this girl was murdered so they gave her heart to somebody and that person had nightmares about the girls murder so with her nightmares they caught the murderer(they found proof too) so heart is where the concience is) i want to know how you feel in you're heart. If you feel bad then maybe you'd like to try going to church and try to reason with what the pastor is saying!(i recomend a non-denonminashional church)

Yes life is temporary, and then you die, and your mortal flesh is left in the capable hands of microbial parasites. Don't worry though, it is all part of nature, and you won't feel a thing.

By the way, you have been tragically misinformed. Emotions do not come from the heart, they come from the brain...

www.uihealthcare.com/news/new...08emotion.html (external - login to view)

Oh yeah...and could you post a link to the story of the heart transplant patient, please...

Quote: Originally Posted by Slurpie

the real world? the world is corrupt i live in it and i stay clear from the sinful ways of the world!

You do realize that faith in ones god has contributed to many of the problems that the world has faced, and is facing today. Religious intolerance has directly or indirectly caused more wars than any other phenomenon in the history of mankind. Intolerance is still rife in many parts of the world. There is still ethnic cleansing occuring due to a difference in beliefs. I'm not entirely convinced that the global war on terror is not just that.
 
Slurpie
#94
were u ever a christian?
 
Vanni Fucci
#95
Yes...but my faith kind of fizzled when I was 7 or 8 years old...it didn't make sense then, and it doesn't make sense now...
 
Slurpie
#96
maybe because you're too close minded to try? it can't hurt!
 
Vanni Fucci
#97
Quote: Originally Posted by Slurpie

maybe because you're too close minded to try? it can't hurt!



I'm closed minded???

I've left my mind open to all possibilities, and dismissed what could not be proven by scientific method...

I could explain for you where your version of the truth most likely came from, but you would not believe me anyway, because the thought of something being different than what you know would scare the living crap out of you...

This particular truth was designed from the ground up to keep you enslaved to it for the rest of your natural life...

The truth will set you free? Not in your lifetime...
 
Slurpie
#98
yawn
 
I think not
#99
Just because someone believes (or doesn't) something different than you slurpie doesn't make them close-minded.

Religion is about faith, not proof.
 
Slurpie
#100
i know i'm not scorning atheists i just think they should try go to dhurch if they don't like then don't o again!
 
I think not
#101
Why? If they don't like it its their business and no one elses.
 
Slurpie
#102
I know you have an empty feeling inside and you try to fill it maybe with food, sex, money or other things i'm just trying to help people even if i do it in an annoying in your face kind of way.
 
I think not
#103
Quote: Originally Posted by Slurpie

I know you have an empty feeling inside and you try to fill it maybe with food, sex, money or other things i'm just trying to help people even if i do it in an annoying in your face kind of way.

Thanks but I have enough love for humanity without going to church every Sunday. And ya sex isn't half bad either.
 
Slurpie
#104
tell me you aren't missing anything.
 
Vanni Fucci
#105
Quote: Originally Posted by Slurpie

i know i'm not scorning atheists i just think they should try go to dhurch if they don't like then don't o again!

My wife is a Christian, so I've been to church a few times with her...and I sat there with white knuckles on the back of the pew in front of me, while the priest villified Jews before about 300 people...my wife knows better than to drag me to church now...
 
I think not
#106
Quote: Originally Posted by Slurpie

tell me you aren't missing anything.

May I ask why you assume I have no faith?
 
Vanni Fucci
#107
Quote: Originally Posted by Slurpie

tell me you aren't missing anything.

Well I could use more sex...will going to church solve that dilemma?
 
Slurpie
#108
did u listen to the service?
 
Vanni Fucci
#109
Quote: Originally Posted by Slurpie

did u listen to the service?

Actually I was offended by the intolerance, and walked out to have a smoke...I'd heard enough anyway...

Maybe next time I'll tell you about the priest that came to my house to try to convince me that I should baptize my daughter...that got pretty ugly too...
 
Slurpie
#110
doesn't that make you feel like you're missing something that you see in the faces of true born-again beleivers?
ITN-sorry are you a christian? or whatever?
 
I think not
#111
Quote: Originally Posted by Vanni Fucci

Quote: Originally Posted by Slurpie

tell me you aren't missing anything.

Well I could use more sex...will going to church solve that dilemma?

I think you have to talk to Mrs Vanni for that one eh? :P
 
I think not
#112
Quote: Originally Posted by Slurpie

doesn't that make you feel like you're missing something that you see in the faces of true born-again beleivers?
ITN-sorry are you a christian? or whatever?

Yeah, you can say that, but I'm not into organized religion. Christian.
 
Slurpie
#113
u mean like you don't go to church? i know some people who do that but i enjoy the service Makes me think about my actions.
 
I think not
#114
Quote: Originally Posted by Slurpie

u mean like you don't go to church? i know some people who do that but i enjoy the service Makes me think about my actions.

Well thats fine. I have gone to church, I MAY go during Easter, and thats about it. Other than that, I TRY and love thy neighbor.
 
Vanni Fucci
#115
Quote: Originally Posted by Slurpie

doesn't that make you feel like you're missing something that you see in the faces of true born-again beleivers?

Not in the least...in fact, I feel pity for them that they are so easily duped...

The entire issue of faith is a quandry to me, because I know many highly intelligent people that have faith in God, even though evidence of God is non-existent. Evidence of Jesus is non-existent. Evidence of Moses is non-existent. Yet the believe, in spite of the lack of evidence to support that belief. They believe even when the fallacies in the Bible are shown to them. They believe even though there are viable scientific explanations for almost everything that religion teaches.

I've read though that faith in religion has been considered by psychologists in terms of a mental disorder. I've read that strength of faith can be equated to gambling addiction. When one looks at the irrationality of faith, it makes a certain amount of sense...
 
Slurpie
#116
Vanni i think that you're thinking that the church is trying to advertise. they are but not in that way. maybe it's just the one church or maybe you should try to see thing in the perpsective of a christian. or something
 
Slurpie
#117
Quote: Originally Posted by Vanni Fucci

Quote: Originally Posted by Slurpie

doesn't that make you feel like you're missing something that you see in the faces of true born-again beleivers?

Not in the least...in fact, I feel pity for them that they are so easily duped...

The entire issue of faith is a quandry to me, because I know many highly intelligent people that have faith in God, even though evidence of God is non-existent. Evidence of Jesus is non-existent. Evidence of Moses is non-existent. Yet the believe, in spite of the lack of evidence to support that belief. They believe even when the fallacies in the Bible are shown to them. They believe even though there are viable scientific explanations for almost everything that religion teaches.

I've read though that faith in religion has been considered by psychologists in terms of a mental disorder. I've read that strength of faith can be equated to gambling addiction. When one looks at the irrationality of faith, it makes a certain amount of sense...

you know how the jew got to israel then?
 
Vanni Fucci
#118
Quote: Originally Posted by I think not

Other than that, I TRY and love thy neighbor.

Not too much, I hope...her husband might find out... :P
 
Slurpie
#119
Quote: Originally Posted by I think not

Quote: Originally Posted by Slurpie

u mean like you don't go to church? i know some people who do that but i enjoy the service Makes me think about my actions.

Well thats fine. I have gone to church, I MAY go during Easter, and thats about it. Other than that, I TRY and love thy neighbor.

loving your neighbors is a lot easier when god's helping
 
Vanni Fucci
#120
Quote: Originally Posted by Slurpie

you know how the jew got to israel then?

There's no evidence that the Jews were held in captivity in Egypt either...there is evidence that suggests that the Israelites were a nomadic semitic tribe that lived in Canaan for several generations.
 
no new posts