Who of you have met?

GreenGreta
Waffles go with ice cream. Perogys are gross, but an Irish Grandma would know how to make em. Love the Irish.

Also funny was the Jack Russell Terrorist being a pinball. I (truly) wanted to name the one I had Pinball. Honest to god.

Cosmo
Quote: Originally Posted by GreenGreta

Waffles go with ice cream. Perogys are gross, but an Irish Grandma would know how to make em. Love the Irish.

Also funny was the Jack Russell Terrorist being a pinball. I (truly) wanted to name the one I had Pinball. Honest to god.

Perfect name for a JR!! You no longer have him/her? I can't imagine life without mine. That's her in my avatar ... she's a lot like Peapod, only shorter and less articulate. I think that's why I love Moche!

MMMM .... waffles. Never tried them with ice cream, but now I will. And whipping cream. I bought one of those whipping cream thingys that you put gas into and voila ... out pops whipped cream! I love it. Now I have whipped cream on everything. Can't believe I didn't think about waffles!

Rev ... Shell makes killer perogies too. I grew up with Romanian cooking. My aunt makes dill pickles, saurkraut and perogies ... so delicious I am almost willing to brave a family visit to get my fangs on them!! It's a good thing my Dad's side of the family can cook ... my Mom's Irish/Dutch side doesn't do so well.

Reverend Blair
Mmm...homemade sauerkraut. That's always good. I'm not sure how sanitary it is, but it sure is yummy. The best thing is when you fry it with eggs and kolbasa for breakfast.

I also miss headcheese and home made horseradish.

Also, my great uncles used to make homebrew that was so sneaky that you thought you were sober until you tried to stand up. You've never driven a tractor until you've tried it on a head full of that stuff. When 3 miles an hour is too fast, you know you had fun.

Jay
"I also miss headcheese"

Home made?

Cosmo
I grew up on real live moonshine. Had the same effect ... you thought you were fine till you stood up and ended up flat on your face. Of all the boozing I did, that is the one drink I kinda miss.

Homemade saurkraut isn't sanitary???? Don't tell me that! I just found out I'm a tad nuts and am off to see a shrink about a germ phobia I've developed in terms of food. I figured anything in that acidic and salty had to be safe. *sigh* Pretty soon I'll be down to eating nothing I can't cook in my own kitchen. Thank god for shrinks. I'm not entirely thrilled about cooking.

My dad used to make headcheese ... we always got a full pig each year and he would make headcheese right from the actual head of the pig. Always grossed me out. The damn stuff smelled so delicious ... all garlicky, but could never get past the texture or the memory of the dead pig staring at my Dad chopping the meat off. My Mom makes this killer homemade mustard with horseradish in it. Hotter than hell, but yummy! I guess I ought to get her recipe before she shuffles off this mortal coil.

Bubble
has anyone seen the movie canadian bacon? lol i love that movie

GreenGreta
Back to waffles for a second.
Get a waffle, the scoop of ice cream, then you crumble one of the chocolate bars called FLAKE (from Ireland, England, whatever) all over top. OH YA.... I think its called a 99 or something.

Bubble
ya a 99 i saw those when i was in england my brother got one. looks like yum!

Reverend Blair
Quote:

Homemade saurkraut isn't sanitary???? Don't tell me that! I just found out I'm a tad nuts and am off to see a shrink about a germ phobia I've developed in terms of food.

Hey, it never killed me. Or you either, for that matter. If sauerkraut killed, there would be no people between France and China and much of Canada would still be populated by our first nations people.

Quote:

My dad used to make headcheese ... we always got a full pig each year and he would make headcheese right from the actual head of the pig. Always grossed me out.

Oh yeah. It never stopped me from eating it though.

Quote:

My Mom makes this killer homemade mustard with horseradish in it. Hotter than hell, but yummy! I guess I ought to get her recipe before she shuffles off this mortal coil.

When you get the recipe, send it to me, pretty, pretty puleeeze.

GreenGreta
Yes, get the recipe for the horseradish thing. Trust me, your mom may die before you get it, mine did. Damned shortbread again.

Headcheese is gross. Now some nice ox tongue, nummy.

Ten Packs
Quote: Originally Posted by Reverend Blair

Quote:

Now - let me get this straight.... that would be somehow different than someone who hasn't even moved OUT FROM HOME, and "has nothing else to do but fantasize what they're going to do with their lives?"

Don't worry about it Ten Packs...you know as well as I do that he's doomed to get old just like the rest of us. In the meantime, he's not exactly wrong, is he?

Actually, he IS, Rev.... I have already DONE sh*t! - a LOT of sh*t!

Once he has raised two fine kids who never got in trouble, held down a responsible job for 35 years, bought and sold several houses, still happily shares the same home with a woman after 33 years, has seen a parent through the death of the other parent, and so on.... well, HE is just blowing smoke!

Just another case of KMA.....

Ten Packs

I am the perogy king.

Better that, than "The Lizard King" - not a lotta future in that.....

Ten Packs

I also miss headcheese and home made horseradish.

Anyone ever tell you that you're a rather strange lad?

Ten Packs

Yes, get the recipe for the horseradish thing. Trust me, your mom may die before you get it, mine did. Damned shortbread again.

Headcheese is gross. Now some nice ox tongue, nummy.

I make the shortbread at our house, greta - my wife refuses because she swears mine is better than hers (and heres is great).

Can give you the recipe if you want, but I warn you, the "first" ingredient is "elbow grease" - if you're not ready to be puffing and have a sore arm by the time the dough is ready, don't bother.

Reverend Blair
Quote:

What's strange about headcheese and horseradish?

mrmom2
F**king Yuck

Ten Packs
Yeah, that......

Reverend Blair
Both are excellent foods. You guys just never got used to the finer things in life.

Ten Packs
Oh barf... I used to shingle with a guy (SH*T! He was from Winnipeg too, Somebody Thompson...) who ate that gelatinous dog-food.

No sale, Rev......

Reverend Blair
How 'bout pigs feet then? They're good too.

Dexter Sinister
Quote: Originally Posted by Bubble

By the way I already know what I'm going to with my life(serve GOD) I actually have something worth living for while those of you who chose option 3 in that poll obviously don't(not yet anyway)

I'm a bit surprised nobody's challenged that fatuous nonsense yet, even in a light-hearted thread like this one. I find that offensively arrogant and self-righteous. What is it with you Bubble, you figure anyone who doesn't believe in your version of God has nothing worth living for? What's obvious to you might actually have nothing to do with reality, and I can only hope that a little age and experience might mellow that attitude.

I'm an atheist Bubble. I don't believe in your God, or any other, but I have many things worth living for: a fabulous and loving wife of almost 30 years, two wonderful adult children who are making a success of their lives (also without any belief in any gods), five brothers and sisters with whom I'm very close, good and loyal friends, and a lot of people I don't know at all who depend on my judgement and integrity in the volunteer work I do (I'm retired). And by the way, I'm an honest, upright, decent and moral person by any standard you can imagine, and no god had anything to do with that, those are choices I made about who I wanted to be and how I wanted to live my life.

On the other hand, since by my own choice there's no role for any god in my life, perhaps my time on this planet is a total waste and I should just rush out and jump off the nearest bridge right now. Nothing to live for, you see...

GreenGreta

Quote:

What's strange about headcheese and horseradish?

If it is on the same sandwich, then it is strange.

GreenGreta
Isn't Bubble in grade 8 or something?

I was totally insane at that age too. Some people truly have their heads up their asses. Life without God is still LIFE, plus you don't have to send 10% of your earnings to the church!!!

Dexter Sinister

I was totally insane at that age too.

Yeah, I think probably most of us were. Nice bit of wisdom there Greta. When I think about what I used to be like, or read diary entries from 30 years ago, I blush. I really should burn those things, they don't flatter me; I keep them only because every now and then they're useful to remind me of what a fool I once was. In fact I was well into my 30s before I became a decent human being by my current standards. You wanna talk about ignorant, arrogant young men, I set the standard until a few hard knocks--which I totally deserved--finally pounded some sense and humility into me. I still don't think I'm quite who I want to be, but I get closer all the time.

I used to know a lot more than I do now. Or at least I thought I did, but I was dead wrong about almost everything that really matters. But that's a long story and a dirty one, for another thread. If I feel like telling the tale. Which I probably won't. It's dull, stupid, and predictable. I can summarize it this way: I used to be a world class *******, but now I'm a pretty nice guy. I think.

ladybugz
Quote:

quote="Reverend Blair"]

I cook perogies better than most people. I also cook perogies better than I officiate weddings. Cooking perogies does not require public speaking. It is important to remember that at all times.

Oh my goodness Reverend Blair!..Your Perogies aren't better than mine! LOL..we'll have to have a "Perogie Tasting" in Cyber!

Cosmo
To heck with cyber!! We want a perogie tasting for real! I'd damn near walk across the country for a good perogie if I wasn't lucky enough to live with the perogie queen herself!

GreenGreta
Can we please do a perogie and shortbread tasting? May as well cover everything.

zenfisher
The Rev truly does make fine perogies. He's not bad at officating weddings either.

no new posts