Worst Job?

Said1
For me it was selling Dicki Dee ice cream, age 11 in Calgary. I wound up being sent to the worst possible area and getting robbed on my first day. To add insult to injury, they fired me and the police didn't think I seemed upset enough after being held up at knife point! Good thing they didn't know how much ice cream I ate, wouldn't want to give them a REAL reason to fire me!

I also worked in a bingo hall. Working there sucked the big one too! And yes, they fired me, I seem to be sensing a trend.

Jay
I used to chip mortar off of bricks for brick reclamation.

Bailing hay wasn't a picnic either...

Nor was chicken catching…

mrmom2
Water blasting a screw in a fish reduction plant EEEEEWWWWWWW lost my lunch on that one

Said1
Quote: Originally Posted by mrmom2

Water blasting a screw in a fish reduction plant EEEEEWWWWWWW lost my lunch on that one

Details svp!

mrmom2
Huh?

Jay
I think Said1 means "details s'il vous plaît" (thats french for please)

mrmom2
Well lets see I was water blasting a big Screw that grinds all the waste fish and guts down so the can cook it for fertilizer .This screw gets cleaned about once every 5 years so you can imagine how bad it smelled I had a shower in the stuff Head to toe thank god for rain gear

Jay
You get all the fun mrmom....

mrmom2
How about Taking 3 inches of concrete of sewer pipes in Van city now that was really gross **** still floating around in the pipes

missile
Grinding plate glass at Pilkington Glass. While holding a store front window with a co worker,the sheet of glass split and I didn't move out of the way fast enough My left arm looked like a bloody peeled banana-I still have the scars all these years later! The good thing about my accident is while on Worker's Comp,I got the call to work at Canada Post

Said1
Wow, chicken catching to romping in the sewers to peeled bananas. I had to work in the fields on my aunt & uncles farm and pick other fruit and vegetables on another farm (for pay thank Gawd!) I thought I had it bad!

Diamond Sun
Selling Kirby Vacuum cleaners tops my list of bad jobs in the past. That and working for a sexist pig at a golf course.

I think not
Working at a strip club and couldn't touch a thing. You have any idea what kind of torture that is? :P

Ten Packs
Probably shoveling hot asphalt off the back of a dump-truck into the hopper of a curbing machine, in a heat-wave in Vernon BC. I have never been so hot and sweaty in my life.

Raven
Was a telemarketer "selling" meat orders for a freezer. Barely did my job, and one morning, after a 45 minute walk in the smog of Windsor I went to my desk to find someone else there, asked the manager "what's up?" and the said I was fired. Ummm, COULD OF TOLD ME THAT YESTERDAY!!!! Thank god for that though, I was at my wits end!

Andy Opreshyn
Yes, alot of bad employers and minimal rights for workers in this country!!!
My worst was recently in Kelowna(we must have the worst employers in the country here)
I am a single mom with 1 income(that is mine). I passed on another great job offer to take a sales job with AOL. They promised me the sun and the moon and the stars but all I got was $#~*#@ up the @$$!

They worked me like a dog, I never got so much as a lunch break....worked a lot of overtime and had to leave my little kids home alone. Then for no apparent reason, after I had made them more money in 1 month then they did in the whole of last year, they fired me! Never paid me any overtime, mileage expenses and worst of all not a red cent of the $7,000 in commission I they owed me.

The way they treated the student files was downright criminal as well. These files have personal information which could have been scammed by anyone since they routinely left files laying around!

Anyone thinking of going to school or doing business with them should think again!

Vereya
I had to be a secretary for quite a long time. The dumbest job ever!! I'm so happy I'm done with it!

fuzzylogix
Quote: Originally Posted by I think notView Post

Working at a strip club and couldn't touch a thing. You have any idea what kind of torture that is? :P

It must have been worse for the poor blokes having to watch you strip.

sanctus
Quote: Originally Posted by RavenView Post

Was a telemarketer "selling" meat orders for a freezer. Barely did my job, and one morning, after a 45 minute walk in the smog of Windsor I went to my desk to find someone else there, asked the manager "what's up?" and the said I was fired. Ummm, COULD OF TOLD ME THAT YESTERDAY!!!! Thank god for that though, I was at my wits end!

I worked a similiar job, also in Windsor, for a travel agency. Was quite succesful at accumulating surveys for them, but it was the most boring job I have ever had. I quit after two months...

eh1eh
Quote: Originally Posted by I think notView Post

Hope you didn't have the same trouble as that iguana.

Furniture moving is a very unrewarding and painfull job. Bed bugs they're called. Did that just to get off the dole. Never again.