a million dollars...?

canadian_cindy

Jun 15, 2005
The Great White North... Canada
Ok.... now I am sure many of you have been asked this once or twice before....but what would you do if you were to win a million dollars?

Me....Well can you buy world peace?? Nah...didn't think so.
I would donate money to the local womens shelter... I would put money away in a savings account for each of my kids.... I would buy myself a house.... I would help those who took the time to help me in the hard times!!

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
I would buy a 100 acre lakefront property in Northern Ontario, have a large log house built on it, and retire to it, and then think about what to do with the rest of the money....

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Re: RE: a million dollars...?

Reverend Blair said:
I'd buy one of those little smart cars. They're cool.

What do they cost?

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
What do they cost?

I have no idea. I have long-standing policy of only buying vehicles that are a decade or more old...I hate that depreciation thing.

I would buy a 100 acre lakefront property in Northern Ontario, have a large log house built on it, and retire to it, and then think about what to do with the rest of the money....

I'd likely build a super-efficient house out in the country some place...staggered double studs, wrap-around porch, maybe built into a hill on the north side.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
"Nice idea....I'd buy the land in Elliot Lake..I hear its really nice up there!"

It is really nice, but there is one problem with it...it’s a retirement community. (My friend ITN would like it I'm sure).

I've always been partial to the Temagami area…..

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005

Reverend Blair said:
And I'd buy a new coffee maker too.

:lol:

Ask nice at Christmas, and maybe the wife will spring for one for ya....

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
"Elliot Lake...mmmmmm uranium mines"

I was going to mention that, but I didn't want to scare her.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Elliot Lake...mmmmmm uranium mines 8O I have been fishing in the north channel there, around Spragge, caught a really big muskie there once where the north channel runs into the seperent river...there he was just sitting under a log...man I could not believe it Oi! what a scraper that fish is 8) My nanny use to live in Blind River.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

This one works, but the switch is broken so you have to plug and unplug it all the time. I forgot to unplug it, poured the water in, then went to put coffee in the basket. Now my hand hurts.

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
One-ton Chevy, with Duramax/Allison set-up, new 5th wheel with four slides, and get the Hell out of this country from November to the end of March...

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005

Reverend Blair said:

This one works, but the switch is broken so you have to plug and unplug it all the time. I forgot to unplug it, poured the water in, then went to put coffee in the basket. Now my hand hurts.

Your always good for a laugh. :lol:

canadian_cindy

Jun 15, 2005
The Great White North... Canada

Jay said:

Scare who me?? Nah.... I have never been to Elliot Lake but you know I would rather live there and enjoy living there... then live here and hate it..cause this city sucks big time...and its just getting worse!!

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Why don't you go to starbucks rev and get a good cup of java
I like real coffee, not that fru fru Starbucks stuff. Besides, at 15 or so cups a day I'd spend all day going back and forth between here and the coffee shop.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005

canadian_cindy said:
Jay said:

Scare who me?? Nah.... I have never been to Elliot Lake but you know I would rather live there and enjoy living there... then live here and hate it..cause this city sucks big time...and its just getting worse!!

And what city would that be, if you don't mind?

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Reverend Blair said:
Why don't you go to starbucks rev and get a good cup of java
I like real coffee, not that fru fru Starbucks stuff. Besides, at 15 or so cups a day I'd spend all day going back and forth between here and the coffee shop.

Between coffee, beer and Marlboros...you probably don't have to eat. 8O