Update

I think not
Quote: Originally Posted by peapod

I am glad you find this so amusing Jay, but than it was not your real name up there.

Yes it is Odd, like him, but nevertheless.

Jay

I am glad you find this so amusing Jay, but than it was not your real name up there.

I already expressed my concern for this.

Quote: Originally Posted by Jay

Some people just don't understand discretion.

Thanks old man...now you got me into trouble....

peapod
Well you two go right ahead and get your giggles where you can. Fact remains, I am a pitbull, and cowards do not bother me in the least...they are usually wearing yellow...and hiding in the shrubbery.

Reverend Blair
The fact that they used his real name also points to them doing at least a bit of research as well. That's better known as stalking, which is of questionable legality.

peapod
Well when all else fails rev...what blunt tools do they have to use...threats, stalking, lies...promoting hate...these people go around destroying boards...well its not going to happen here, even if I have to sit here 24/7.

Jay
Quote: Originally Posted by Reverend Blair

The fact that they used his real name also points to them doing at least a bit of research as well. That's better known as stalking, which is of questionable legality.

Well it isn't illegal to do research... it is questionable behavior though, and I have every faith the person was dealt with.

Reverend Blair
If you are tracking down somebody on the internet for questionable purposes, i.e. to attack them, then it becomes of questionable legality, Jay.

Jay
Well, attack is a strong word....I see what you mean though.

I sincerely hope Andem isn't affected by all this....

peapod
Why would andem be effected??? You actually believe that something so stupid and cowardly could effect him???????? The fact remains that anyone who tries to come here and use threats and intimidations because they don't like someone politics, is not welcome here. These are individuals that need to use some mental health programs.

Jay
"Why would andem be effected??? "

If he was truly trying to keep his identity hidden, that would affect him.

peapod
Oh for pete sakes, I am not going to continue with this nonsense. We know exactly why his name was put up there, its not rocket science. I will just guard this board like a pit bull...I gots a computer at work...I gots a computer at home...I gots a lap top..and now I shall get some wireless...So I can pretty much just continue on with my normal life...and guard my little piece of heaven here.

I think not

Oh for pete sakes, I am not going to continue with this nonsense. We know exactly why his name was put up there, its not rocket science. I will just guard this board like a pit bull...I gots a computer at work...I gots a computer at home...I gots a lap top..and now I shall get some wireless...So I can pretty much just continue on with my normal life...and guard my little piece of heaven here.

Thats a bit overboard isn't it?

peapod
nope

Haggis McBagpipe
I will guard this forum through rain, snow, sleet and hail... no wait, that's the United States Postal Service, never mind.

(Hey Pea, I'm just teasing a bit, and from my reading of this thread it is quite clear that is all I Think Not and Jay are doing as well. A bit of humour in the works doesn't mean that people aren't acknowledging the problem for what it is.)

peapod
Sorry haggis, but I don't find it that funny, but than I have been privy to some of the tatics used by certain people. And of course Andem is very special to me and I don't like anyone trying to mess with him. But I will keep your advise in mind.

I think not
Quote: Originally Posted by Haggis McBagpipe

I will guard this forum through rain, snow, sleet and hail... no wait, that's the United States Postal Service, never mind.

There haven't been too many famous quotes associated with the
post office. The most famous is the one chiseled in stone above
the entrance to the main post office in New York City: "Neither
snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers
from the swift completion of their appointed rounds."
Most people don't realize that the quote is 2,000 years old.
It comes from the Greek writer Herodotus, who mailed it in,
intending it for the entrance of the post office in ancient
Athens. But you know how the mail is...

Haggis McBagpipe

Sorry haggis, but I don't find it that funny, but than I have been privy to some of the tatics used by certain people. And of course Andem is very special to me and I don't like anyone trying to mess with him. But I will keep your advise in mind.

No, no, I do understand that the situation has a serious side, of course it does, and already something has been done about it, as you say. Many situations aren't funny in themselves, but light jokes are made anyway (often n an attempt to defuse a tense situation) and no harm is meant at all.

PS ITN, thank you for the proper postie quote... I sure was woefully off in my recollection of it!

I think not

No, no, I do understand that the situation has a serious side, of course it does, and already something has been done about it, as you say. Many situations aren't funny in themselves, but light jokes are made anyway (often n an attempt to defuse a tense situation) and no harm is meant at all.

PS ITN, thank you for the proper postie quote... I sure was woefully off in my recollection of it!

Bah I meant it as a joke and not to correct you, I've lost my sense of humor!!!! :P

peapod
Thanks haggis, and I will try to lighten up. As I said, Andem is a very special friend to me, and I will chomp down on anyone that tries to mess with my friends. A defect of character that I am not willing to give up.

Haggis McBagpipe

Thanks haggis, and I will try to lighten up. As I said, Andem is a very special friend to me, and I will chomp down on anyone that tries to mess with my friends. A defect of character that I am not willing to give up. :wink:

Hmm, say... I have this neighbour who has been giving me nothing but trouble... 8-)

ITN, I liked getting the proper quote one way or another. There I was, searching online like crazy for the proper wording, couldn't find it, finally quoted from memory. Now will seek treatment for Alzheimers. 8-)

galianomama
hey pea, i'm back.....will be over for a cuppa java tomorrow night...looks like life is unfolding as it should, or would, or could....somethin' like that.

Cosmo
ITN ... Jay ... I agree there is a light side to everything and am generally first in line to laugh at my own expense or anyone else's. And a bit of humour goes a long, long way to diffusing problems.

There is a back story to this whole situation ... both Pea and I have known people who have been stalked and threatened, whose families have been stalked and threatened, all because of something said in a forum. That behaviour mystifies me, but it happens. thelib/gordo/jane was, from all appearances and comments, heading down that same crooked road. It got all of our backs up. Threatening Andem doesn't fly with any of us.

I've known Pea for years (in the real world) and know that anyone who attacks one of her friends is up for an *** whoopin with those little size four hiking boots. I used to call her the pitbull with lipstick -- for good reason. Usually quick to see the funny side of things, Pea has no sense of humour when it comes to defending her friends.

But if you know Pea, you would also know that she can get away with saying things nobody else can. In real life, she will ask the most outrageous questions of complete strangers (like asking the cross dresser in Thrifty's grocery store where he got his dress) and have the person laughing their butt off. She's got the mojo for that. People love her. Sometimes it doesn't come across as clearly at the board.

While there is no quarter for people playing the stalking game at this board, I do find your comments funny. Nice to see the two of you having a little fun ... you're often very serious in your posts so it's enjoyable to see you outside the political threads.

Anyway, go easy on Peapod. You may be the next one she defends like that!

galianomama
hey girl, long time no hear! yup - everything you say about the p is true. she is one special woman.

Cosmo
Galianomama!!!! Hello! Wondered where you been, girl. Glad to see you come out of the woodwork to defend our Pea.

BTW ... off topic ... we're in James Bay now. Yay!!!!

Reverend Blair
Quote:

we're in James Bay now.

Northern Quebec?

Haggis McBagpipe
Quote: Originally Posted by Cosmo

Glad to see you come out of the woodwork to defend our Pea.

Happily, Pea doesn't need to be defended in this thread since nobody has taken any pot shots at her.

galianomama
Quote:

Quote:
we're in James Bay now.

Northern Quebec?

ha! might as well be!!!! nah, it doesn't get that cold on that side of the inner harbour. hey - will you be seeing the tall ships arrive from your balcony girl?

we need to get together soon!

Cosmo
Quote: Originally Posted by Reverend Blair

Quote:

we're in James Bay now.

Northern Quebec?

Bite yer tongue Rev! We're in Lotus Land, Vancouver Island, home of the 12 month flower gardens, land of the nearly dead and newly-wed, bastion of dykes and other odd human folk. I figure there are only two parts to Canada: East of the Rockies (which I try to avoid because of the cold) and West of the Rockies (where I have finally landed). I'm as far West as I can get without getting my spike heels wet!

Cosmo

Quote: Originally Posted by Cosmo

Glad to see you come out of the woodwork to defend our Pea.

Happily, Pea doesn't need to be defended in this thread since nobody has taken any pot shots at her.

Prophylactic measures, Haggis. Our girl is riled up by that troll's bad behaviour and is not her usual happy self. Just passing that on to Jay and ITN so they don't get the wrong idea about Pea.

Nice to see you back, BTW.

Cosmo
Quote: Originally Posted by galianomama

Quote:

Quote:
we're in James Bay now.

Northern Quebec?

ha! might as well be!!!! nah, it doesn't get that cold on that side of the inner harbour. hey - will you be seeing the tall ships arrive from your balcony girl?

we need to get together soon!

Yup ... watch the big cruise ships come and go, the enormous cargo ships and, best of all, we look out over the 90 great blue heron nests in the park. They look like pterodactyls flying by ... we're on the 15th floor so we have a ... ahem ... bird's eye view.

Took Moche to the park yesterday ... there's one pond that is entirely covered with lily pads. Poor dog didn't realize they were plants and went running off across them. Didn't get far ... ended up totally submerged in a pool full of duck sh*t. Was good for a laugh for all who saw it ... but meant bath time when we got home!

We'll have to do a park picnic soon!