The Beaver

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Every proud Canadian should have one of these beautiful creatures for a household pet :) Also,if you have a bit of lawn,get a few of our magnificent moose and leash them.This should stop any of those door to door Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses from bugging you.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Well missile a beaver belong in a pond, and the only thing you have to do with jehovah witness's is answer the door in the nude...no words are necessary :p

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Some neighbours moved away just after I went down to get the morning paper in my ratty bathrobe! Without something on,I'd just look like the average Yeti :lol:

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
We could start filming a Canadian SuperHero movie series starring that well known "The Beaver". Sequels that follow would be "The Beaver Returns" and "Beaver And Robin".Feel free to steal and use any of my ideas :) Leslie Neilson would be the perfect Beaver and Paul Gross would make a decent Robin.

Canucklehead

Apr 6, 2005
missile said:
Every proud Canadian should have one of these beautiful creatures for a household pet :)

A very good idea, however, Fluffy, my pet polar bear really doesn't need the extra snacks. Besides, a beaver dam would seriously clash with the igloo out back :lol:

Toro

Senate Member
We have beavers down here. Occassionally they damn up the pond behind my house, which is quite fairly common. You call up the city, and the city sets traps to relocate them outside the city. However, there were locals who scanned the radio waves listening to the city workers talk about where they are going next to capture a beaver. Even before they'd get to their destination, there would be 5 or 6 citizens who would be there to try to stop the city from removing the beaver. Eventually, the city workers had to start talking in code, i.e. beaver became acquatic engineer, so they didn't have to deal with the protestors.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
You call up the city, and the city sets traps to relocate them outside the city.

Can we borrow some of your city workers? Our city (Surrey) has decided to simply kill troublesome beavers. They're excuse is that they're only rodents........(I'm trying to figure out why 1 rodent. Bunnies are ok but Beavers are not)
I hate writting letters......hate it hate it hate it.....hate that I have to do it....

beaver became acquatic engineer
That is brilliant!