1 month.....clean

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Actually it's been over 1 month. It's almost been 1 month and 2 weeks that I've been clean.....

Tobacco less actually. I've been waiting to weigh myself. Tried to hold out for as long as possible.

I was able to hold out until yesterday. I've gained weight....2 whole pounds! What a disappointment. Worse I think it may actually have been my sweater that increased my weight by 2lbs.

So. Now that we are all really sick of hearing how Twila has quit smoking........the next update will be at the 6 months mark....maybe by then I'll actually have some kind of weight gain to be happy about!

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Twila said:
Actually it's been over 1 month. It's almost been 1 month and 2 weeks that I've been clean.....

Tobacco less actually. I've been waiting to weigh myself. Tried to hold out for as long as possible.

I was able to hold out until yesterday. I've gained weight....2 whole pounds! What a disappointment. Worse I think it may actually have been my sweater that increased my weight by 2lbs.

So. Now that we are all really sick of hearing how Twila has quit smoking........the next update will be at the 6 months mark....maybe by then I'll actually have some kind of weight gain to be happy about!

The only reason why you may be gaining weight, is because you try to keep your hands busy and eat more. Been there, done that, so back to smoking for me.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Is the cigarette black market still a problem in Canada?

From what I gather..yes.

ITN I may be the only female you will ever meet (well you know) that actually is looking forward to gaining weight. Last time I was able to gain any weight was about 6 months before my daughter was born! It didn't last..............

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
Twila said:
Worse I think it may actually have been my sweater that increased my weight by 2lbs.

Think positive - maybe the 2 pounds are underneath your sweater!

:wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good on ya, lass! I have quit a couple times, only to go back.... keep it up!

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Thank you. thank you, thank you.

The real test of my will power comes up in Aug. I'm getting married. And if I can not smoke before, during and after that then I'll have this thing licked!

But I'm not really holding out much faith on that. The alternative to smoking is to drink. I don't think my fiance wants to stand before the JP with drunk on his arm!

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
"I'm getting married."

Congratulations Twila!!

Married life is great!!

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Think positive - maybe the 2 pounds are underneath your sweater!

K.2LBS under the sweater would be ok. anymore and how the hell am I suppose to run? clap? lie on my stomach? or even see my if I'm wearing socks and or shoes that match?

oh yes it always sounds good to increase your bust until you are forced to live with the ramifications of it. lol

Thanks Jay. I'll hold you to that "married life is great" .
My parents have been together since they were 14 yrs old. Married since they were 19. I know it can be done...........And they still love each other, respect each other and treat each other like they're newly weds.

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
Re: RE: 1 month.....clean

Twila said:
My parents have been together since they were 14 yrs old. Married since they were 19. I know it can be done...........And they still love each other, respect each other and treat each other like they're newly weds.

Good for them!

My wife and I are coming up on 33 years, in July.

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
Keep up the good work Twinks if you want to gain weight start eating cake and drinking pop thats what did it for me when I quit :p

Toro

Senate Member
Re: RE: 1 month.....clean

Ten Packs said:
Twila said:

Good for them!

Congratulations! That's great news.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Ten Packs wrote:
Good for them!

Congratulations Ten Packs.

It's nice to see that not all humans fall prey to our disposable society.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Did you have to look that up, Ten Packs? I have no idea how long I've been married for...since sometime in the '80's I know, but the exact year? I always have to look it up.

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
High five to you, Twila! That whole not smoking thing is tough. I quit for 18 months and hated it the whole time.

You're not the only one who wants to gain weight ... I lost a whole bunch of weight last year and looked like a walking corpse. I've only just got my boobs back recently. I don't even mind the love handles that came with! ;)

I've been sober since '87 so I know the drill on that one. Yer definitely better to smoke than sip ... you might not smell so great but at least you won't end up in bed with the best man! ;)

Anyway, congrats and good luck on the smoke free and the wedding! I'm getting married this month too. Yay!

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Everyone is quitting smoking and quitting drinking, and getting married.....

It must be part of the domestication of our species.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
I still smoke and drink, Jay. Somebody has to pay the taxes in this country.

Speaking of smoking...I was rolling a cigarette while out driving in my truck and when I went to lick the paper I hit a bump and jammed my tongue into the loose tobacco. There's still little tobacco chunks all over my windshield.