Roadside architecture

SECONDGEN
Quote: Originally Posted by peapod

Everybody ski's in kimberly mom In fact like I said it not uncommon to have someone wizz by you on ski's with brautwaurst link around their neck like a porky scarf :P I did see this in Cranbrook...strange things go on in the kootenays Ever been to skookumchuck???

Been by it last month have you spent time at Wasa, or up to Lazy Lake or Premier Lake. I am still trying to find Lussier Hot Springs and one day I will.
I love Lazy Lake OMG it doesn't get much prettier.

SECONDGEN
And talking about attractions all you PG and area folks can you tell me, is Barkerville still running? It was decades ago that I was there and would love to get back there again if it is still worth the visit.
And on your lovely Island there Pea, we were up to Parksville in March well Nanoose bay and I have to say for being dumb land locked Albertains, we found it most entertaining to watch a couple of seals come by every day to feed on the fish. Tough to leave there and come home.

peapod
hehehehe...well yes I know Schooner cove...but we called it bummer cove :P I worked at the hotel there for a few years....Man thats where I meet a group of newfies, they worked there also...can those people party!!!!

I camped once at premier lake....what a color that lake it Someone talked me into picking morell mushrooms, said we would make a fortune. All I got was black face and a half a bucket of morells hardly worth the workout I had to do.

Well you are in luck...the springs you seek...cosmos will tell you how to get there...she is from Windermere and knows that whole area...Blah! I miss those hot springs in the kootenays.

Wasa lake...oh yes I went there all the time, it was like a bathtub, the water was so warm. Geez I think I need to visit the kootenays again

SECONDGEN

hehehehe...well yes I know Schooner cove...but we called it bummer cove :P I worked at the hotel there for a few years....Man thats where I meet a group of newfies, they worked there also...can those people party!!!!

I camped once at premier lake....what a color that lake it Someone talked me into picking morell mushrooms, said we would make a fortune. All I got was black face and a half a bucket of morells hardly worth the workout I had to do.

Well you are in luck...the springs you seek...cosmos will tell you how to get there...she is from Windermere and knows that whole area...Blah! I miss those hot springs in the kootenays.

Wasa lake...oh yes I went there all the time, it was like a bathtub, the water was so warm. Geez I think I need to visit the kootenays again

Geze I need to visit there again too, windermere you say wow oh wow, I spend a week every september out at fairmont, love the windermere valley, gawd I sound more like a BC resident than an Alberta one.
No kidding Lazy Lake is an amazing color, and peacful there holy cow can't wait to go back.

peapod
Where do you live? around lethbridge? Fairmont hot springs! hahahha..middle of winter sitting in a steaming hot springs. Yes cosmos come to board, when she is not sleeping she know that whole area. Small world

SECONDGEN

Where do you live? around lethbridge? Fairmont hot springs! hahahha..middle of winter sitting in a steaming hot springs. Yes cosmos come to board, when she is not sleeping she know that whole area. Small world

Calgary, I am a native of Calgary, but all my life I have travlled around BC, I have family on the island.
Ah yes hot springs and snow all around, heavenly indeed. I need another holiday ahahahahaha
Well I could have some good convo with cosmos then eh hehehehe
As well with you as I have been a few places on the island too, one of my memorable treks took me up to the beautiful Campbell River. Pretty up there and to Miracle beach (I think that is what it was called) Sigh.
And speaking of which I am most disappionted I can get out there for the weekend of the 24th to see the "tall ships" that would be kick ***. Sigh.

peapod
Geez louise Your well informed, you should be living in BC. So then you must have hit the jazz festival they have in Victoria every year.
Yes Campbell River is a awesome place, my favorite island is just across the bay from campbell river, Quadra Island. Well next time you come to the island you will have to have a starbucks with the rest of the whatthehell gang from victoria that visits this board...Can you jest? :P its the only necessary requirement. :P

SECONDGEN

Geez louise Your well informed, you should be living in BC. So then you must have hit the jazz festival they have in Victoria every year.
Yes Campbell River is a awesome place, my favorite island is just across the bay from campbell river, Quadra Island. Well next time you come to the island you will have to have a starbucks with the rest of the whatthehell gang from victoria that visits this board...Can you jest? :P its the only necessary requirement. :P

Ah I wish I hit the festival, the ex room mate goes all the time kept promising to invite me along. (long since punted him so that is a bust)
My aunt has land on Cortez, I have yet to get there boo hoo. I aspire to retire on the island. I go there to get away from here. Fond memories from childhood of my grandparents and cousins out there.
Fell in love with the Sooke Pot Holes and area OMG so beautiful. My family resides just around the Sidney Area, and Pat Bay, Deep Cove areas.
Ok next escape out your way and I am calling on ya. May leave cowtown during the stampede to escape 10 days of madness ahahahahahaha

peapod
You better go read island ramblings, the islanders thread, its over in the British Columbia forum I think, lots of those places mentioned. Hey twinks here at the board is from victoria, but she must have done something wrong and was sent to surrey for punishment :P ...she is gonna get me now!

Stop it!!!!! Cortez island, I know people over there, it has a well known "bad apple"

hollyhock.info/ (external - login to view)

Well you will have to definately have a starbucks with us when you come to Victoria..

SECONDGEN

You better go read island ramblings, the islanders thread, its over in the British Columbia forum I think, lots of those places mentioned. Hey twinks here at the board is from victoria, but she must have done something wrong and was sent to surrey for punishment :P ...she is gonna get me now!

Stop it!!!!! Cortez island, I know people over there, it has a well known "bad apple"

hollyhock.info/ (external - login to view)

Well you will have to definately have a starbucks with us when you come to Victoria..

Sweet!! Looking forward to it. May go check the thread out too. Lordy if I vanish today it is cause we got hit by lightening what a storm out there, just what we need more rain, praise be it, bring on the deluge we can all float to BC. (F***)

peapod
Check out this site, it has a 3D fly by

www.rom.on.ca/renaissance/architecture.php (external - login to view)

SECONDGEN

Check out this site, it has a 3D fly by

www.rom.on.ca/renaissance/architecture.php (external - login to view)

Oiy can't open at work will have to try at home