CFIA Warnings

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I have CFIA food warnings delivered to my email box at work for work purposes. Usually the products the CFIA is warning about are odd products usually located in small mom and pop corner stores...

Usually it's not something as big as GREEN GIANT....so I'll pass this one along for those of you who enjoy this product.......
Le texte français suit le texte anglais.

The following information was transmitted to the news media on May 26, 2005 by General Mills Canada Corporation.

HEALTH HAZARD ALERT * FROZEN GREEN GIANT BROCCOLI, CARROTS, CAULIFLOWER & CHEESE SAUCE POTENTIALLY MAY CONTAIN METAL PARTICLES

MISSISSAUGA, May 26, 2005 * General Mills Canada Corporation, Mississauga is voluntarily recalling one product - Frozen Green Giant Broccoli, Carrots, Cauliflower & Cheese Sauce in a 640g package. The product may contain metal particles.

The product bears the UPC code 69052 07145. The affected product is marked with the date codes D5BV043, D5BV044, D5BV053, D5BV054 on the side panel of the packages.

The product was distributed by General Mills Canada Corporation through grocery stores across Canada. This product was not distributed in the United States.

There have been no reported injuries to date.

The CFIA is monitoring the effectiveness of the recall.

If consumers have any concerns for a full refund about this product, they can call General Mills Canada Corporation at 1-800-767-5350 for a full refund or they can return the product to the store where it was purchased.

- 30 -

For more information, media please contact:

Marybeth Thorsgaard
General Mills Inc.
Minneapolis, MN U.S.A.
Telephone: 763-764-6364

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Thanks for posting that twinks. Although the green giant is not welcome in my kitchen.... :roll: Its all a lie, that peas like the giant. :twisted:

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
It's entirely possible, Derry. You should see some of the warnings I get...You just know somebody spit in the brew.