Left/right/ quotes

peapod
About a thread where everyone can post the same old same old quotes.

bluealberta
Okay, I'll play.

Left Wing: Believes government can solve all your problems as long as you give them all your money.

Right Wing: Believes individuals can solve all their problems if the government would not take all your money.

Left Wing: Believes in massive spending in social programs, even though it may not bee needed.

Right Wing: Believes in fiscally responsible social programs to get the most amount of assistance to the ones who truly need it.

Left Wing: Believes in Cradle to Grave mentality, starting with a National Day Care for kids right out of the womb, and ending with an estate tax on your lifes work. Believes that both parents should work.

Right Wing: Believes in individual responsibility for families, and supports parents who wish to stay at home with their kids. Would provide incentives to allow this to happen. Believes that parents should have the fiscal and social opportunity to decide if both wan to to work.

Left Wing: Believes in regulating everything, more government.

Right Wing: Believes in less regulation, more individual freedom, and less government.

Twila
Its easy to rattle off the names of great liberals: Jesus, Buddha, Copernicus, DaVinci, Michelangelo, Galileo, Voltaire, Locke, Jefferson, Franklin, Madison, Adams, Darwin, Dickens, Hugo, Melville, Lincoln, Twain, Picasso, Einstein, Darrow, Gandhi and Martin Luther King. And great conservatives? Hmmm. Cotton Mather and Ronald Reagan is about it I guess. Rack Jite -

I'll add these because I still find it hard to believe that somebody other then Bush can be this stupid and this evil.

"I don't know all the facts on Iraq, but I think we should work closely with the Americans."- Stepehen Harper, (doesn't know the facts but has an idea of the solution)

The time has come to recognize that the U.S. will continue to exercise unprecedented power in a world where international rules are still unreliable and where security and advancing of the free democratic order still depend significantly on the possession and use of military might."- Stephen Harper

You have to remember that west of Winnipeg the ridings the Liberals hold are dominated by people who are either recent Asian immigrants or recent migrants from Eastern Canada; people who live in ghettos and are not integrated into Western Canadian society."- Conservative leader Stephen Harper,

"Stephen Harper not only opposes Kyoto, but he refutes the science. Hes back in the dinosaur era. Harper is just totally out of it."- David Suzuki on Canadian Alliance leader Stephen Harper,

Hard-Luck Henry
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

--- J.K. Galbraith

Vanni Fucci
Liberals are nothing more than Conservatives in cheaper suits...

Vanni Fucci

Vanni Fucci
Conservatism discards Prescription, shrinks from Principle, disavows Progress; having rejected all respect for antiquity, it offers no redress for the present, and makes no preparation for the future.

Benjamin Disraeli

Vanni Fucci
Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives.

John Stuart Mill

Vanni Fucci
It only takes 20 years for a liberal to become a conservative without changing a single idea.

Robert Anton Wilson

Vanni Fucci
A conservative is a man who sits and thinks, mostly sits.

Woodrow Wilson

Derry McKinney
I went to a conservative convention once. The drinks were watered down, and it was a cash bar. The food was terrible and there was no pepper to hide the taste. The men were rude and the women prudish. I went to take a leak and woke up three hours later, bleeding in the alley. Theyd taken every cent I had, even the change from my pocket.

I thought it was terrible that theyd rob a man that way, that they were so skilled at it. Then Mulroney got elected and it turned out that they were masters at rape and buggery too.

Anonymous

Vanni Fucci

Vanni Fucci
"The more there are riots, the more repressive action will take place, and the more we face the danger of a right-wing takeover and eventually a fascist society."

Martin Luther King Jr.

Hard-Luck Henry
"What luck for rulers that men don't think."

-- Adolf Hitler

Vanni Fucci
"The size of the lie is a definite factor in causing it to be believed, for the vast masses of the nation are in the depths of their hearts more easily deceived than they are consciously and intentionally bad. The primitive simplicity of their minds renders them a more easy prey to a big lie than a small one, for they themselves often tell little lies but would be ashamed to tell a big one."

Adolph Hitler

Hard-Luck Henry
"Ideas are far more powerful than guns. We don't allow our enemies to have guns, why should we allow them to have ideas?"

-- Stalin

Hard-Luck Henry
"What improves the circumstances of the greater part can never be regarded as an inconveniency to the whole. No society can surely be flourishing and happy, of which the far greater part of the members are poor and miserable."

-- Adam Smith

Jay
It is well known that the most radical revolutionary will become a conservative on the day after the revolution.

Hannah Arendt

Jay
Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has not heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains.

Winston Churchill