Cosmo has returned!

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
Ah, I see I have some catching up to do!! Lots of new names.

We have moved into James Bay, the heart of Victoria. Our 15th floor apartment looks out over the heron's nests in Beacon Hill Park and the ocean. We no longer live down in the dungeon and have almost got to the point where we can take our sunglasses off in the house despite the bright daylight. Moche is not certain about the deal yet ... already peed in the hallway.

So, we are living out of boxes yet again, but it feels good to be home! And to be back in Peapod's neck of the woods. Now we can get her over here to show us how to make those killer samosas of hers!

Off to see what I've missed ...

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Best part of your moving cos was the fact that you hired movers this time. * deep sigh of relief*:p Hey the dibbs saw your heron nest when they were here..or should I say rookery. :p Yes I am sure all the people in your high rise will love that yapping dog :twisted: Oh ya, welcome back cos, I also hear your going to be a warden at the board now 8)

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
peapod said:
Best part of your moving cos was the fact that you hired movers this time. * deep sigh of relief*:p Hey the dibbs saw your heron nest when they were here..or should I say rookery. :p Yes I am sure all the people in your high rise will love that yapping dog :twisted: Oh ya, welcome back cos, I also hear your going to be a warden at the board now 8)

Don't think you're getting off that easy, Pea ... I still need help with the final run through the old apartment. Bring your mop!

And ya, the dog is already giving us grief. Our neighbour next door is a strange, strange bird. I think she's a shut-in (agoraphobic) and when I ran into her when we were both on the balcony I discovered she is a nut case. Our toilet thingy is not working right so it runs (no matter how much I jiggle the handle) and the neighbour said she spent all night up feeling the connecting walls to make sure no water was coming through, then first thing in the morning she called her insurance company to make sure she was covered if there was a leak. Tell me that's not a bit odd???? And in the 30 years she's been here, she's never had a dog next to her bark. It's disturbing to her. When I told her we'd signed a year lease, she rolled her eyes. Of course, being who I am, it pissed me off and I said, "Well! That's not very welcoming!" In the end, she sneaked out of her apartment in the dead of night and left a little card on our doorstep saying welcome and "Here's to new beginnings". Let's hope that solves that.

As for being a warden ... I think it's more like a janitor! Get a mental image of I Love Lucy in that goofy headband with a mop, a feather duster and some great Minnie Mouse heels and you'd be closer. :) I just like having a place to hang out and exchange ideas with my morning coffee so I'm happy to do my part.

Well, the boxes are not emptyting themselves. *sigh* Where the hell are those unpacking elves when you need them????