Wordhipping

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Coined by Rev B.

Wordhipping - the making up of cool words and/or phrases.

I've coined "fluffy" to be used to describe a certain type of shallow person.

From this day forward please remember when using this word (and I know someone will) that it was I. Twila. that first coined the meaning for this word.

Thanks you and good night.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
That is rather fluffy, isn't it?

My favourite wordhipping of all time is still the phrase, "Spin a quirley, douse the edisons, and set the controls for the heart of the sun." It's a phrase from my misspent youth. I made it up one night because well, I might have been what my mother referred to as "on drugs." She, of course, never made a distinction between having a buzz from low-grade pot and being a full-fledged heroin addict.

I think we should revive the word quirley though. It never really caught on outside of 10 or 12 people in the Northwest corner of Regina, and that's a shame.

Frappuccino Dibs

Electoral Member
Apr 25, 2005
Here are a few new words and meanings:

Jahovial : Meaning to be happy to such an extent that it might be construde as being religiously happy :twisted:

Oblongular : To act a little bit 'Square'.

Turdular : Expression given to something that your not entirely sure is as good as most people make out. For example, I believe Michael Schumacher is a rather Turdular driver. Also Mike Oldfields 'Tubuler Bells' perhaps should be called 'Turdular Bells'. 8)

Wang : To do something decisively but with little thought. IE. "just wang a teabag in the pot and I'll do the rest", or "Is it my break? (reference: pool game), I think I'll just wang it".

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Wang : To do something decisively but with little thought. IE. "just wang a teabag in the pot and I'll do the rest", or "Is it my break? (reference: pool game), I think I'll just wang it".

We have something similiar here. Wing. To wing it. Means you don't know really how but you're going to give it a try. You know, You'll just wing it.

Not to be confused with a wingnut. Which I understand can be both useful and useless.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
liltwinks, I can't read that without a morning java 8O There seems to be alot of truth there. To me, truth is not some vague, foggy notion. Truth is real. And, at the same time, unreal. Fiction and fact and everything in between, plus some things I can't remember, all rolled into one big "thing" This is the wordhipping truth. :p

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
hey, that's a very clever use of wordhipping. To take the word itself and change it. You've used it as an exclamation.

This thing just keeps growing. I wonder if the Rev has any idea what he's started......