How many of you think Charlton Heston is a racist?

View Poll Results: Is Charlton Heston a racist?
Yes 7 46.67%
No 8 53.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

WarHawk
Just wondering how many of you think he is a racist.

Frappuccino Dibs
Nobody who can race a chariot with quite the level of casuality and panache of Charlton Heston should be having threads like this raised against their name

snoproblem
Heston a racist? Nah.

Hopelessly gun-happy? Well....

missile
He's not any worse than Ted Nugent! Just a regular American who believes in the constitution

Twila
Quote:

Just a regular American who believes in the constitution

Unless your Ice-T In which case your not allowed to practice your constitutional right to free speech.

WarHawk
Quote: Originally Posted by Frappuccino Dibs

Nobody who can race a chariot with quite the level of casuality and panache of Charlton Heston should be having threads like this raised against their name

You missunderstand me. I myself do not think he is a racist, but I know that a lot of people think he is. These numbers here look okay, although I do find it disturbing that at least some people think he is.

Nosferax
Not a racist eh!

Look at what he did to those poor egyptian... Locust man, locust... that is terrible...

jimmoyer
None of you have bothered mentioning why Charlton Heston is not a racist.

The man is dead.

Ergo....

LadyC
He's dead?
So... were they able to pry the gun out of his...

Never mind. I prefer to speak respectfully of the dead.

When did he die?

jimmoyer
LOL !!!

I wonder just like you about were they able to pry...?

I forget when he did.

Too lazy and tired to google the dead.

LadyC
I googled, but I didn't find anything.

I think he's alive still, but suffering from Alzheimer's.

I think not
Well now you can finish that phrase LadyC

jimmoyer
Charlton Heston is ALIVE !!!

www.deadoraliveinfo.com/dead....eston+Charlton (external - login to view)

I was wrong.

LadyC
Quote: Originally Posted by I think not

Well now you can finish that phrase LadyC

Yeah... but I forgot about the Alzheimer's.

That's even worse, in my opinion.

missile
My personal belief is that we are all racists and bigots to some extent.

I think not
Quote: Originally Posted by missile

My personal belief is that we are all racists and bigots to some extent.

You're on a roll today missile

mrmom2
I'm not racist I hate everone equally :P

I think not

Jo Canadian
I don't really find myself to be discriminitory to any particular race...But I do discriminate against assh*les. Every race seems to have their fair share of them and I'll just lump them in the moderate or extreme category.

canuckster
Why would anyone dream up a poll like this? All I know is that he was great in Planet of the Apes and Omega Man. I really don't know much else about him except I think he likes guns.

Reverend Blair
When he was Moses he did seem to have a bit of a grudge against the Egyptians. He brought down a whack of plagues on them.

Hey, it just occurred to me...that's collective punishment. Whether or not Heston is a racist, Moses definitely committed crimes against humanity.

Vanni Fucci
Quote: Originally Posted by Reverend Blair

When he was Moses he did seem to have a bit of a grudge against the Egyptians. He brought down a whack of plagues on them.

Hey, it just occurred to me...that's collective punishment. Whether or not Heston is a racist, Moses definitely committed crimes against humanity.

Yep...and so did Yahweh...

Reverend Blair
Oh-oh...god is a war criminal. How's that gonna play in church on Sunday?

Vanni Fucci
Quote: Originally Posted by Reverend Blair

Oh-oh...god is a war criminal. How's that gonna play in church on Sunday?

They'll most likely reconcile it the same way the Americans justified voting Dubya in for a second term...

Reverend Blair
Wait a minute...Dubya got voted in because he has a Messiah complex and people mistakenly thought he was right instead of being certifiably insane. Does that mean that god thinks he's Dubya?

Cosmo
Good one, Rev.

This should be popular around here ... I think Chuck Heston and the NRA are absolutely correct about their gun policies. Disarming the people then taxing them beyond their ability to pay is not a new concept for government. It makes me a little nervous that Hitler and his guys used their "gun laws" as an excuse to confiscate much of the property of their chosen victims. Gave em a nice legal in. History has given us some lessons but we seem to have bought into the "guns are bad" game enough to hand over all the power to the government. Bad idea, in my view.

Here in Canada, I am not allowed to have a weapon. I have been shooting guns since I was so little my father had to stand behind me to prevent me from having my .22 knock me on my just-out-of-diapers behind. I was taught about guns, about gun safety and about the responsibility that comes with using one. Just as I was taught about the responsibility that comes with driving an automobile. Statistics prove cars kill way more people than guns, yet that little fact is swept under the carpet in all the anti-gun rhetoric.

That I am not allowed to have my .22 with the cool horse carving on the butt, handed down from my grandfather, because I refuse to jump through government hoops is a real thorn in my side. Blanket laws are not democratic. There is no provision made for people like me. And the ironic thing is that if I wanted to hold up the local 7-11, I could procure a gun with ease and it certainly wouldn't be my heirloom .22 I would use!! In my hay days, many of my friends and associates carried guns -- not one of them legal. Instead of taking away my gun, there need be laws to get rid of the guns that are actually causing damage. Unfortunately, those folk are not likely to be doing the government hokey pokey to carry their weapons.

So for all of you who thought I leaned so far to the left I was in danger of falling over, here's one to mull over.

Jay
The root'n toot'n shoot'n Cosmo.

peapod
Silly girl also has jumped out of a plane to.

Jay
Quote: Originally Posted by Cosmo

That I am not allowed to have my .22 with the cool horse carving on the butt, handed down from my grandfather, because I refuse to jump through government hoops is a real thorn in my side. Blanket laws are not democratic.

I would however seriously consider taking the gun course and passing the test, to obtaining you're FAC. It might come in handy, and it will get one more person on the books who has one (the more the merrier), and you could legally obtain your grandfathers heirloom. I took the course and test and it wasn't difficult, in fact it was a good learning experience, and with your experience already, you should have no problem.

Cosmo
Quote: Originally Posted by Jay

The root'n toot'n shoot'n Cosmo.