Got my hair cut

Twila
I got my hair cut. Love the style.

It's very very short at the back and above the ears, kind of spiky and messy at the back.

Bangs are long (to my jaw) and (at the moment) very very red while the rest of my hair is ala natural.

I loved the cut the minute the stylist was done....however:
  • Haircut $36.18
    Products needed for
    new haircut $100.00
    Realizing it's too much
    work to keep up Priceless

So now I get to grow it out. Which is precisely what I was doing before I got it cut. I was growing it out from a different short style and had gotten the length to just below my shoulders.

I really don't know what's wrong with me. Must be the hormones

Reverend Blair
I haven't had my hair cut since just before Zen and Edge got married.

Cost: Free
Products needed: Whatever Mrs. Rev leaves in the shower.
Losing my pen and realizing that it's tangled up in my hair: Kind of funny.

Hard-Luck Henry
I cut my own hair. Badly, as it happens. As luck would have it, though, the "just got out of bed look" seems quite popular at the moment. Some people actually pay good money, and spend lots of time, to get that "look". Some people have the brains of a rocking horse.

peapod
I cut my own hair also henry :P may once a year I do what twila did If I didn't I would be broke :P My hair grows overnight. So I just grab the pruners every now and then and prune. Plus I also let the starbucks employee's mess with my hair. They have hair colouring and cutting events, more like a girl party, but I refuse to have any of those pinks, purple, or orange stripes.

mrmom2
Whe wife shaves my head to the wood twice a year once in the spring and once in the winter

EmmaDibbs
I like getting mine cut and then deciding to grow it and then cutting it short and so on and on...it's a girl thing.

peapod
I like the haircut you had when you were on the island ms. dibbs.

EmmaDibbs
Thanks Pea- I like short hair- you can just get out of bed and it is in place...especially if you go for the messy look!!

Ten Packs
Dont know when zen and edge got married but by July, it will be 2 years for me - if I can make it that far. Still bugs me sometimes.

missile
Every two months,I go in for a trim at a unisex stylist..not my regular choice,but he seems to have rejoined the Reserve! Anyway,it's only 8 dollars..and they do seem to spend more attention to the small details[like the ear hair!]

Jo Canadian
Most of the time my hair was kept long, but then in a complete contrast to my character I lopped it all off....Allofit! It's pretty cheap to keep it this way, I don't need shampoo or anything like that.

As a bonus I'm cheating on nature with the male-pattern baldness thing, it can't take what's not there.

I never understood the hair thing. Before I was That-guy-with-the-long-hair, or the hippie. Now I'm always That-bald-guy, and you may have to endure complete strangers wanting to come and rub your head. Either way I noticed people tend to avoid me if they can...apparently bald is more intimidating or something.

EmmaDibbs
You have nice cheap hair cuts there. A hair cut in Southern England costs at leat £30!! $70!!

Reverend Blair
Quote:

Dont know when zen and edge got married

Five years and a bit. You get used to it after a while, Ten Packs. Sometimes you can't find your pen, and sometimes the brush breaks, but mostly it isn't a problem.

Hard-Luck Henry
A quote from 'Withnail & I'

"I don't advise a haircut, man. All hairdressers are in the employment of the government. Hairs are your aerials. They pick up signals from the cosmos, and transmit them directly into the brain. This is the reason bald-headed men are uptight."

missile
Look at what happened to poor Samson! One little haircut!

Reverend Blair
Quote:

I never understood the hair thing. Before I was That-guy-with-the-long-hair, or the hippie. Now I'm always That-bald-guy, and you may have to endure complete strangers wanting to come and rub your head. Either way I noticed people tend to avoid me if they can...apparently bald is more intimidating or something.

I find the long-hair thing keeps the undesirables away. Conservatives tend to run the other way, for instance.

The worst thing I've had to endure is having a 3 year old and a 5 year old braid my hair for me. I had about 1000 of these tiny little braids randomly placed all over my head. When we went into to town to buy beer my father refused to walk into the bar with me.

Twila
Quote:

Cool A quote from 'Withnail & I'

We watched that movie on the weekend. It was hilarious!

Even as a junkie Richard E. Grant is exceptional

Jay
Quote: Originally Posted by Reverend Blair

I find the long-hair thing keeps the undesirables away. Conservatives tend to run the other way, for instance.
The worst thing I've had to endure is having a 3 year old and a 5 year old braid my hair for me. I had about 1000 of these tiny little braids randomly placed all over my head. When we went into to town to buy beer my father refused to walk into the bar with me.

My long hair gets strange looks from old people, but once they get to know me, they don't seem to pay any attention to it.

I did the braid thing a while back, hard to manage and if you let it go, they turn to dreads, and I had to cut them out. Not good.

What’s with the style of guy’s hair cuts today? Short, but standing on end in the front? I don't get it....

LadyC
Quote: Originally Posted by Jay

What’s with the style of guy’s hair cuts today? Short, but standing on end in the front? I don't get it....

You realize by saying that you're officially "old", right?

Jay
Has it come that far already...oh no.

I don't feel old yet though...

Arthur
Old Woman!

Dennis
Man!

Arthur
Man. Sorry. What Knight lives in that castle over there?

Dennis
I'm thirty-seven.

Arthur
I-- what?

Dennis
I'm thirty-seven. I'm not Old.

Twila
I've changed my mind about the hair cut. I don't like it anymore. I want my hair back. I hate when this happens. I know it's human nature to always want what you haven't got but this is ridiculous. Hmphf!

Jay
It will grow back....

Twila
yes, however by the time it grows back I'll have forgotten this little episode and get it cut off again and like it then hate it then post about it and complain about it and post about the complaint.

It's really a vicious circle. Maybe I should google for a 12 step program for haircutters anonymous.

Jay
Or get a new habit.

I just throw my hair back in a tail, and forget about it.

Every now and again I grab the tail and lop off an inch or two.

You need to wear a pony tail when it starts to grow back, and perhaps focus on your nails or something.

no new posts