I need help locating something EXTREMELY important

Twila
I'm hoping somebody here will remember the article that was floating around the internet a couple of years ago that told of a girl who'd been chatting with another girl on the internet.

One day the girl sees a guy following her and runs home. When she gets home she locks the door. The door bell rings and her mother answers the door. Standing there is a police officer in plaincloths. He explains to the mother how he'd pretended to be a child and had been chatting to her daughter and had gleened enough information from this child to locate her. It gives details about how innocuous and seemingly innocent statements made by this girl allowed this officer to locate her.

I need this because I've just learned that my daughter has wrung up my phone bill with long distances numbers. Some she talked to for 15 mins or so. Others 1 min. She's not be forthright about who she's calling and I'd like to scare the crap out of her with this story.
I've colleced a few news items of girls being kidnapped and raped by "kids" they met on the internet.

It's be stupendous if someone can locate it for me cause I'm having intense difficulties finding it.

Haggis McBagpipe
I can't find that story, but this might help put the fear into your daughter:

www.texascpr.com/whos_watchin...ild_online.htm (external - login to view)

Sorry couldn't find the other, though

Twila
That ought to do the trick, Haggis. Thanks very very much.

Haggis McBagpipe
Quote: Originally Posted by Twila

You are entirely welcome... I can imagine only too well how scary it must be for you. Good luck!

I think not
Quote: Originally Posted by Haggis McBagpipe

You are entirely welcome... I can imagine only too well how scary it must be for you. Good luck!

Here's another link, unfortunately it's frequent enough to find an article.

www.wlextv.com/Global/story.asp?S=1424822 (external - login to view)

Haggis McBagpipe
Quote: Originally Posted by I think not

Quote: Originally Posted by Haggis McBagpipe

Here's another link, unfortunately it's frequent enough to find an article. :(

www.wlextv.com/Global/story.asp?S=1424822 (external - login to view)

My god, I didn't realize it was so pervasive a problem. Horrifying situation.

Extrafire
Try Readers Digest. I think it was in there.