Actions speak louder than words ya know.

cool_jedi
I find it quite interesting at how you Canadians keep claiming how racist we Americans are when you are basically the same. Yelling loud about how you have a multicultural society and how everybody gets along.

Sure America has people like the KKK, but so does Canada, you have got people like Paul Fromm and Ernst Zundel to match. But Canadians decided to keep it quiet and drown it by blaring on the loudspeakers about American racism in hopes of hiding yours.

Remember how on the CBC reported earlier this week of how Canada used to have POW camps in WWII?? Well it appears that German POWS are far better treated than the Japanese POWS. CBC did reported of how the German POW camps in Canada are it they are in much better shape than the ones for Japanese POWs. And you know that Ernst Zundel is getting far better treatment in jails than minorities right?? I am suprised this sad bastard is still a virgin after being detained so long. most inmates should have already lost their's to a guy named Bubba by now.

Actions speak louder than words ya know, Canadians sure know how to sugarcoat their actions.

How much do you help minorities in Canada?? They get almost no support in Canada and are almost constantly blamed for everything that happens and never the goverment. Canada needs immigrants? nope. Canada needs scapegoats?? YES!!! Covering up your actions by blaming minorities is the true signature of Canadian atitude.

The law still isn't fair to minorities either, and your cops seems to cause more chaos in minority neighborhoods than bringing peace. Why's that?

What has Canada done to insure that their minorities get fair and equal treatment?? They always seem so helpless in Canada. You say they are happy in Canada but in reality are they??? In REALITY now!! not in whatever world Canadians usually like to be on.

Tolerence? Tolerance in Canada means that:

1) smile when talk good about someone when they are facing you.
2) then attack when they turn their backs and when they least expect it.
3)make sure they don't get back up.

You guys sure know how to run shady buisness here. Do you have actions to prove that you mean what you say??

I must admit that Canadians are nice.BUT!!! ONLY and ONLY when it comes to talks. But have Canadians really done anything to PROVE that they mean what they say????

Are you Canadians feeling burned yet?? what does Canada has against minorities??? Silly Canadians, I know your primary weaknesses I ain't no dumb American you stereotype me as.

LadyC
Broccoli Salad

Salad
2 heads broccoli, finely chopped
1 cup raisins
1 cup salted sunflower seeds (shelled)
cup chopped onion (green or red)
1 red pepper, chopped (opt., but a nice addition)
10 slices bacon, fried and crumbled

Dressing
1 cup mayo
1/3 cup sugar
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar

Mix dressing and toss into salad just before serving.

I usually use the pre-cooked bacon that comes in the packages - it's easier.
The apple cider vinegar is the key ingredient, in my opinion.

I have yet to make this salad where people haven't asked for the recipe, it's that good.

* editted to pretty up the post.

Gonzo
Did you get dumped by a Canadian?
There are jerks everywhere in the world. Even Canada! Canadians being nice is a reputation we have, like Americans being war mongers. Not every American is a war monger, not every Canadian is nice.

zenfisher
I'll have to try that Lady C. It does sound good.

Jovey
OMG!

This is way too funny! I had some of this salad years ago and it was sooo delicious! I've since been looking everywhere for this recipe but I wasn't sure what the actual salad was called so I couldn't find it.

I didn't realize that it was actually the one until I read it a couple times. Imagine finding it here and not on a more food-oriented website.

Thanks so much LadyC!

Jo Canadian
Quote:

Silly Canadians, I know your primary weaknesses I ain't no dumb American you stereotype me as.

you said it not me.

Quote:

Canadians being nice is a reputation we have, like Americans being war mongers. Not every American is a war monger, not every Canadian is nice.

Gonzo's got it right.

jamie
Yeah, you have some unpleasant realities in your post, cool. However, discussing with some people here about the ignorance of them rambling on about loving everyone, how their soooo multicultural and not prejudiced, etc, while a minute later they negate these self-acclaimed qualities- is like skating uphill...

There are some cool people on here, so look really hard for them.

choppie
[quote]Covering up your actions by blaming minorities is the true signature of Canadian atitude.

OKAY...........now here is an argument...as a canadian i know our true signature is our beer drinking ability....like c'mon silly american your on a canadian site...

Reverend Blair
I don't think Jamie has been paying attention. We do indeed have our racists and bigots in Canada. Most are fans of the CPC. They don't like multiculturalism or minorities much at all and would prefer that we only allow immigration of people who they personally approve of.

The difference is that we speak out against our racists and bigots instead of labelling anybody who names them for what they are as anti-Canadian.

jimmoyer
The difference is that we speak out against our racists and bigots instead of labelling anybody who names them for what they are as anti-Canadian. --- Reverend Blair

The difference?

And you say that knowing full well that America is evenly divided?

Just amazing.

You are intelligent, interesting and well-read and you still got that self-righteous thing going strong.

Reverend Blair
Meanwhile most of your soldiers are black or hispanic. a disproportionate number of your desperately poor are people of colour. Your police, security services, and border patrol use racial profiling as a matter of course.

We have our problems, Jim. I don't deny that and speak out against it (ask me about the Winnipeg Police sometime). We don't accept it as a matter of course though.

choppie
I just cringe at the American army and the levels of racism