Inspirational

EternalSunshine
12 Buddhist Eco-Guidelines
Adapted from Living Affinity, by Hsing Yun (Lantern Books, 2004).

As we strive to cultivate a positive relationship with the environment, we need to first realize there are two facets to the journey – preserving inner sanctity and maintaining outer ecological balance.

Speak quietly – do not disturb others.

Keep the ground clean – do not litter.

Keep the air clean – do not smoke or pollute.

Respect oneself and others – do not commit violent acts.

Be polite – do not intrude upon others.

Smile – do not face others with an angry expression.

Speak kindly – do not utter abusive words.

Follow the rules – do not seek exemptions or privileges.

Be mindful of your actions – do not act unethically.

Consume consciously – do not waste.

Be grounded – do not live aimlessly.

Practice kindness- do not create malice.

galianomama
thank you eternal for that inspirational piece. my grounded spirit to you!

Gonzo
I'll try my best.

peapod
What I like about what enteral posted is that is about working on yourself and not others, and of course helping with the care of the planet

EternalSunshine

Just for today, I will live through the next 12 hours, and not tackle my entire life’s problems at once.
Just for today I will improve my mind. I will learn something useful. I will read something that requires effort, thought and concentration.
Just for today I will be agreeable, I will look my best, I will speak in a well-modulated voice, and I will be courteous and considerate.
Just for today I will not find fault with a friend, relative or a colleague. I will not try to change or improve anyone but myself.
Just for today I will have a program. I might not follow it exactly, but I will have it. I will save myself from two enemies – hurry and indecision.
Just for today I will exercise my character in three ways. I will do a good turn and keep it a secret. If anyone finds out it won’t count.
Just for today, I will do two things I don’t want to do, just for the discipline.
Just for today I will be unafraid. Especially will I be unafraid to enjoy what is beautiful and believe that as I give to the world, the world will give to me.

no new posts