For lunch today I had.....

Twila
Lunch today:

Rice noodles, bbq skewered pork. From one of the best vietnamese restaurants in this neck of the woods.

EmmaDibbs
Currently I am eating a strawberry and cream lolly!

Reverend Blair
I'm eating cold mushrooms from a can. I nuked some leftover garlic butter to dip them in, but that ran out before the mushrooms.

They're good though....

Jay
I was a pig today and ate 1- big extra, 1- Mchicken and small fries.

Twila
Small fries with that gluttenous meal?

My favourite is so that supersize a already large meal but order a diet coke.......I refuse diet anything. or fat free anything. If I'm going to eat I'm going to enjoy it!

MMMike
A guy I work with eats McDonalds all the time, but always gets a milk to drink. Just something weird about that. For lunch I had ham & havarti on ciabatta bread..... mmmmm

Jay
Quote: Originally Posted by Twila

If I'm going to eat I'm going to enjoy it!

thats the spirit!

Canucklehead
BLT Sub was the order of the day Mmmm

Quote:

I refuse diet anything. or fat free anything. If I'm going to eat I'm going to enjoy it!

I saw a newsclip a few years ago that said feeding kids lowfat milk reduced their ability to metabolise fats in adulthood and contributed to being overwieght. They also suggested this may hold true for other fatty foods (within reason of course). A nice bit vindication for us who like our food non-diet (read: full-flavoured) and table cream in our coffee.

peapod
Real food is well flavored, you just have to know what it is and how to cook it :P

For lunch I am eating a jar of pickled asparagus...but I am not going to eat that halberno pepper again.

Rick van Opbergen
Nothin' for lunch today ... no time, exams ...

Twila
I accidentally bought low fat yoghurt the other day. I had to eat twice as much of something that had about 1/16th the flavour just to feel like I'd actually eaten it!

Today for lunch I'm having a green salad, with ALL THE FAT ranch dressing and chicken noodle soup.

peapod
Right now I am eating my lunch of 4 avacado's....I love those things...smash em all up with lots of tabasco sauce and eat it like baby food...yum :P

mrmom2
My cats and I are munching down on sardines no wonder they love me so much

I think not
oh a kittie lover mrmom, same here.

Fried breast of chicken with rice(with chopped peppers and carrots in it) and homemade bread. Can you tell I have alot of time on my hands?

peapod
Ya, your a really good mom, mom Now I am gonna eat the rest of the box of chocolates emma brought me from britian. I had a really hard time remembering where I hide them from galaniomama, I tell you that dame can sniff out food like a bloodhound, I wrapped the said choclates in a sleeping bag and put it in the freezer. My plan worked she was unable to detect my secret stash....Mom I took emma to the thrift store this morning, whoa!!!!!! I could not get her out...she could not believe it I told her...emma the thrift store is like that box of chocolates you gave me...you never know what your gonna get. :P

mrmom2
I love the thrift stores My wife and I are always on the look out for copper pieces to add to our collection and we find many in the stores

mrmom2
Hey Pea what are you having for lunch?Got any good ideas?I'm hungryfor something but I don't know what?

Reverend Blair
Today for lunch I had a man phone me and keep me on hold for half an hour. He then realized that he had phoned the wrong guy. I think I'll have a beer now.

Jay
Today I had: 1- large ham on a bun 3- large chocolate chip cookies, and a coffee.

Cathou
today i had a fried chicken piece with fries and a coffee... i forgot my real lunch in the freezer this morning

I think not
That reminds me, I forgot to have lunch, be right back :P

Jay
Let us know what you have.

I think not
Chicken cutlet with mayo, lettuce, thin sliced tomato with salt and pepper on a hero, Two pickles. Coffee.

There you go Jay

peapod
I slurped and sucked up noodles, and when nobody was looking...I let them hang out my mouth and pretend they are dew worms.

Jay
your just a fun loving girl.

Twila
Hamburger (homemade) and baby spinach with Ceasar dressing.

I love leftovers.

Quote:

I let them hang out my mouth and pretend they are dew worms.

So what your saying is that you eat like a bird???? Gives that expression new significance now....

I think not
Quote: Originally Posted by peapod

I slurped and sucked up noodles, and when nobody was looking...I let them hang out my mouth and pretend they are dew worms.

peapod
Twila have you ever had the combo of spinach and strawberries...Oh man its so good...for some reason they really go together, I got a receipe for it, I will pm you with it....very yummy!!!!!
Darn!! the bug man just caught me playing with my noodles sneaked up to window he did, Argh!!! I think I will give him a squirt of that bug juice he carries around.

Twila
Quote:

Twila have you ever had the combo of spinach and strawberries

I have never had that combination. I would never have thought of that combination. I have always believed that savory goes with savory and sweet goes with sweet and the 2 should never meet. However, if with your assurance that this is a good combo and your not trying to put one over on me I will give it a try......

peapod
I sent you the receipe twinks...hey I just noticed that you live in twinkland...wow! thats weird...hahahahhahahhahaha
Yes, I know you will like it, strange but they go together very well.