Sponge bob

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
Well, I figure Sponge Bob is gay. So are Ernie and Bert as well as Tinky Winky. And let's not forget "Mr. Hand" on South Park! When you figure an estimated 10% or so of the human population is gay, it would only be fair and right to have a few gay cartoons, no? I figure we need a real flamer just to truly balance things out. Any suggestions on a good gay cartoon character that ought to exist? Maybe "Queer Man" setting out to rid the world of polyester?

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
Re: RE: Sponge bob

Cosmo said:
Well, I figure Sponge Bob is gay. So are Ernie and Bert as well as Tinky Winky. And let's not forget "Mr. Hand" on South Park! When you figure an estimated 10% or so of the human population is gay, it would only be fair and right to have a few gay cartoons, no? I figure we need a real flamer just to truly balance things out. Any suggestions on a good gay cartoon character that ought to exist? Maybe "Queer Man" setting out to rid the world of polyester?

Your right about 10% of people being gay. So having cartoons and tv shows with "gays" makes sense. Actually I am a straight male but I love watching the "L Word" and I have no problems with "gay charactors" in various programs like "six feet under" etc... Gay charactors is not really an issue to me. Personally I don't really care if there are "gay" people or charactors on tv unlike the religious right.

Rick van Opbergen

House Member
Sep 16, 2004
The Netherlands
www.google.com
Was it on this forum, or in an article on the Internet, that I read gays are actually underrepresented in US TV-shows? Oh wait, I saw it on TV. They also said that the gays who are seen on TV, all have heterosexual friends, a very strong heterosexual connection and many times act like heterosexuals. When we look at Will & Grace for example, although Will is gay, his best friend is straight (Grace), he never ever has an openly relationship with a guy in the serie and kissing is almost out of the question. The only sex scenes or love you see are through Grace and her boyfriends or through Will who dreams of sex with Grace :lol:

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
This is what happens when a sponge and a starfish hold hands!

I could care less if a character is gay or heterosexual. I could care less.....I could......if I tried......but I don't care.

....I don't care if your hetero...I don't care if your not. I don't care if your purple with pink spots who licks flower petals and dances to Mozard with a string bikini bottom on your round bald head. I don't care.

Why anybody would be concerned with a drawing of sponge holding hands with a starfish is beyond me. I would be concerned if it happened in REAL life. Cause that'd mean that all those scientists were wrong. Sponges and starfish are capable of love.

Gonzo

Electoral Member
Dec 5, 2004
Was Victoria, now Ottawa
I love sponge bob. Great show even for adults. If he's gay, then Bugs Bunny is a flaming queer. He's at least a cross dresser. Honestly, they look stupid in the states making a big deal about a cartoon. Besides, what about all those little gay kids in the states. They need a role model! Ernie and Bert are not enough!

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
I am ready. I am ready. Where is Squidward and Patrick.

Mr. Crabs: Shoot me but don't take my money.

manda

Council Member
Jul 3, 2005
swirling in the abyss of nowhere la
Re: RE: Sponge bob

Vanni Fucci said:
Jo Canadian said:
After all is said and done, Disney better put some pants on Winnie the Pooh before the moral majority goes after him.

I've always thought that Piglet was queer... 8O

8O That whole cast has problems....Rabbit is obsessive compulsive, Kanga is a single mother,Tigger has ADHD, Christopher Robin has multiple personality disorder (and no real friends to boot) and the list goes on...Don't even get me Started on Eeyore...I'm surprised the Ass hasn't commit suicide yet, but bot does he like to get "nailed" in the butt with "tail"

Oye ve! And just think, our kids have watched this for generations, without anyone calling foul

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Well those frogs with woodys better get busted to!!! the ones over at Pat Robertson's website, goes by the name of ribblits, (how lame eh?). Now look! how comes his frogs get to have woodys????

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
Only the neo con religious fringe would think spongue bob, bert and ernie etc are gay? Why is that? Do they have secret homosexual fantasy's or too afraid to come out of the closet themselves?

Personally I could care less if cartoons, children charactors are gay or not. I do not see the big deal. Nothing wrong with homosexuality like the religious fringe would have you believe.

Aren't there more important issues in the world going on?????

GL Schmitt

Electoral Member
Mar 12, 2005
Ontario
The odds are that anybody with a fringe is more than likely to become gay.

Still, if there ever was an accused who could rightfully blame his flaw upon society it is SpongeBob.

After all, he could only absorb that which society provided for him.