Darwin Day

View Poll Results: Should Canada make Darwin Day a national statuatory holiday?
Yes 8 72.73%
Of course 1 9.09%
No. I hate science. 2 18.18%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Jay
Whatever Blair...

The Charter of Rights and Freedoms says

"Whereas Canada is founded upon principles that recognize the supremacy of God and the rule of law:"

Yall havenít ditched God and/or the Law just yet. It appears as if some ppl didnít just see it your way.

By all indications I don't really like what Canada has turned into, This isn't the Land of the true north...strong and free anymore like it was in the days my grandfather lived.

Itís now the true north...week and chained. (and on the verge of breaking up)

tibear
RB,

The only thing I want is equality in the public school system. If they won't teach Christian/Muslim/Jewish/Hindu/.... morality then they shouldn't teach any morality. That would include SSM, heterosexual marriage, birthcontrol, pro-abortion beliefs, promiscuity, euthanasia, etc...

And if they do choose to teach these subjects allow the discussion to include the faith perspective because the vast majority of students do come from a family with a faith background.

peapod
Well I'm sorry Peapod, officially I cannot accept your proposal, because I cannot agree to something I know nothing about. I will have to read the document, and then I will entertain your idea.

ehm...I guess I have my answer.. nes pas? I will look forward to when you read it and "debunk" his essay, please make sure we are all invited along when you expose the truth to us.

Reverend Blair
So start a thread on it, tibear and Jay. You are trashing a thread that is about promoting the science of evolution. You want your kids to learn science, don't you?

red dog
Just what we need,another holiday that only government employees will take off. Went to the 7/11 this morning at about 6 am for some sugar for my coffee and the pipeliners,welders,drillers,miners,frackers and loggers were all there coffeeing up. In Alberta Holidays come when the grounds too soft and you cant work anymore. Thats your family day(')s. When your spending weeks and months away from home in camp a one day holiday dont mean dick. You make hay while the sun shines because 2 months off could come without warning. I think the govt. wastes enough of my tax dollars as it is right now,the last thing I want to see is shelling out more so all the overworked government employees can have a paid stat holiday at my expense. It's time to cut the fat,not contribute to it by throwing more cash in the trough.

tibear
RB,

When did I trash the science of evolution. Please find the post, in fact I said that I do believe in evolution as do mosts Christians.

It is you and miss Pea that have put forward this idea not to promote science but specifically evolution because you believe it will "tick" Christians off.

You must have a sad life if you try to devise things that will upset others. Instead of trying to make others miserable you should try to make others happy, your own self image might improve.

Red Dog,

RB will claim he wouldn't even be able to claim the holiday because he is self employed but that was secondary to offending people of faith in our country.

Reverend Blair
So your argument against having a day to celebrate science is that it might cost you a buck or two? Well, at least it's a rational argument for a change.

Most people get holidays though, red dog. Most people, even in Alberta, do not have jobs that are weather dependent. There is a lot of talk about making sure that there is at least one long weekend per month so that people have a chance to relax and recharge. I'm promoting Darwin Day as the one we should have in February.

I don't know what your contract is red dog, but most people who have to work stat holidays get time and half, time off in lieu of, or see some sort of benefit for working on a day when most people are not. I'm sure that would offset your small portion of any associated costs.

Reverend Blair
Tibear, if you believe in evolution why are you against celebrating Darwin's birthday? Are you afraid to acknowledge the validity of science in our society?

red dog
Quote:

Most people get holidays though, red dog. Most people, even in Alberta, do not have jobs that are weather dependent.

In the city's maybe,worked all over Alberta and it's a coverall's and see how many months you can go before you crack or quit majority. That's why you make hay while the sun shines,holidays mean nothing,days off do.
Alberta's also spread out and lots of camps and rigs and most are drilling for sour gas and not oil.
Critical sour,allmost all of them,once the muskeg thaws your on EI.

Reverend Blair
None of which has anything to do with Darwin Day.

The fact is that most Canadians, not just government employees, work 9 to 5, Monday through Friday. They don't get two months off when the muskeg melts.

LadyC
Not everyone works "normal" hours and days, Rev. Lots of people are employed in seasonal work... loggers, fishermen, those in tourism...

You're arguments are getting thin if you have to claim that those who don't want a Darwin Day are anti-science.

red dog
Quote: Originally Posted by Reverend Blair

None of which has anything to do with Darwin Day.

The fact is that most Canadians, not just government employees, work 9 to 5, Monday through Friday. They don't get two months off when the muskeg melts.

So who's going to pay for this? That's what I want to know.
Stat holidays are expensive.

Reverend Blair
Quote:

Not everyone works "normal" hours and days, Rev. Lots of people are employed in seasonal work... loggers, fishermen, those in tourism...

Ah, C. I didn't say "everyone", I said "most Canadians".

Quote:

You're arguments are getting thin if you have to claim that those who don't want a Darwin Day are anti-science.

Your thinly disguised attacks are getting tiresome.

Quote:

So who's going to pay for this? That's what I want to know.
Stat holidays are expensive.

You are red dog. We're taking all out of your paycheque. Every cent.

red dog
Quote:

You are red dog. We're taking all out of your paycheque. Every cent

No your not.

Reverend Blair
Well, you certainly act like we are.

Most people like the idea of there being a day off in February. The costs (and there really aren't a lot of them) will be partially offset by the increased spending that is traditionally seen on holidays. The rest will be divided up among all Canadians. just like every other holiday.

LadyC
Another off-topic personal attack

Reverend Blair
Threats now, pale? What's next, going to come to Winnipeg and beat me up. Grow up. You aren't wanted here. Go find someplace to rip apart.

Reverend Blair
A little quick off the mark there weren't you, Pale? I knew you would be. How many sites are you going to attack me at? By the way, most people here know about my column.

Reverend Blair
Pale, you've shown yourself for exactly what you are over the last three days. Go away.

Reverend Blair
You don't want to debate, Pale. You want to end any thread that you don't agree with. You've f*cked this one up beyond all recognition. Congrats.

Now go away. You aren't wanted here. You aren't needed here. Leave.

Reverend Blair
Not ashamed at all. I'd rather that little trolls like you not infect that site as well though.

Now go away

Reverend Blair
Hey, at least you're heading back towards the topic at hand. Of course that's a little out of context, but what the hell.

Reverend Blair
No I think personal attacks are personal attacks. I think that people who try to drag a thread off topic because they don't like the topic or because of personal vendettas are reprehensible trolls.

Reverend Blair
Yeah Pale, you stole a picture of me from another web-site in an infantile, puerile attempt to intimidate me.

red dog
Quote: Originally Posted by red dog

Pissed because you got caught dirting someone from behind and they call you on it,thats life buddy.

get used to it.

Reverend Blair
Are you threatening to stalk me, Red Dog/Paleoguy/Ziggy?

red dog
All these posts are going to another site also so.......watch what you say,their getting a good laugh out of how you have to keep deleting posts.

Have a good one *******.I will be around.

Reverend Blair
Good, no doubt Karra and vic and the other psychopaths are there. Take your meds, Pale.

red dog
No meds here,havent even done an aspirin in the last 3 years,nada nothing. Try again.

Reverend Blair
No meds? That's obviously your problem.