Would you live your life again?

peapod

In The Twilight Zone: The Movie, the last story was about a group of old people in a home who are offered youth again. Almost all of them accept it Ė but one doesn't, on the grounds that she didnít want to have to go through the experience of growing up again.

it was be great to be able to return to our lives with the wisdom we have already acquired from it. But isn't that all part of growing up anyway?

But isnít there also the danger of repeating past "mistakes", on the ground that the lessons learned no longer seemed so relevant in a second lifetime?

Anyway, what would you do if offered the chance?

peapod

In The Twilight Zone: The Movie, the last story was about a group of old people in a home who are offered youth again. Almost all of them accept it Ė but one doesn't, on the grounds that she didnít want to have to go through the experience of growing up again.

it was be great to be able to return to our lives with the wisdom we have already acquired from it. But isn't that all part of growing up anyway?

But isnít there also the danger of repeating past "mistakes", on the ground that the lessons learned no longer seemed so relevant in a second lifetime?

peapod

fubbleskag
for me, this decision would depend on a number of factors surrounding the offer. the most important of which would be simply "how old am i when the offer is made?"

if it were tomorrow, i would say no as i haven't yet lived my current life long enough. if it were 40 years from now, i'd most certainly say yes.

fubbleskag
for me, this decision would depend on a number of factors surrounding the offer. the most important of which would be simply "how old am i when the offer is made?"

if it were tomorrow, i would say no as i haven't yet lived my current life long enough. if it were 40 years from now, i'd most certainly say yes.

fubbleskag

peapod
nice avatar

peapod
nice avatar

peapod
nice avatar

tibear
It all depends. Do I live it out exactly as I have the first time around? If so, then forget it. Been there, done that.

However, if things change then it isn't really reliving your life because it would be a whole new life.

The only thing I might regret is the fact that I wouldn't have the same wife and/or children as I did the first time.

As well, there's no guarantee that the second time around might not be worse than the first!!

tibear
It all depends. Do I live it out exactly as I have the first time around? If so, then forget it. Been there, done that.

However, if things change then it isn't really reliving your life because it would be a whole new life.

The only thing I might regret is the fact that I wouldn't have the same wife and/or children as I did the first time.

As well, there's no guarantee that the second time around might not be worse than the first!!

tibear

LadyC
I think I'd decline. By ensuring I don't make the same mistakes I'd only increase the likelihood of making entirely new ones.

It would be interesting to relive some experiences, but I like where I am right now.

Mostly.

LadyC
I think I'd decline. By ensuring I don't make the same mistakes I'd only increase the likelihood of making entirely new ones.

It would be interesting to relive some experiences, but I like where I am right now.

Mostly.

LadyC

Mostly.

Reverend Blair
I think I'd rather live somebody else's life over. It seems to me that living your own life over would be exceedingly dull because you already know how it goes.

Reverend Blair
I think I'd rather live somebody else's life over. It seems to me that living your own life over would be exceedingly dull because you already know how it goes.

Reverend Blair

fubbleskag
Quote: Originally Posted by peapod

:lol: :lol: :lol: nice avatar :lol:

what, this old thing? i just threw it on as i walked out the door.

fubbleskag

fubbleskag

peapod
Well fubbleskag it looks exactly like my my tank on my BBQ :P

peapod

peapod

galianomama
love the avatar fubbleskag....

yeah, i would go over it again, but make adjustments along the way. find the ideal man. live the ideal life.....have wonderful children....hey - anybody watch that housewife show on sunday night? desperate housewives???? i'm gonna start a thread about it!

galianomama

yeah, i would go over it again, but make adjustments along the way. find the ideal man. live the ideal life.....have wonderful children....hey - anybody watch that housewife show on sunday night? desperate housewives???? i'm gonna start a thread about it!

galianomama

PurplePassion
Good question

If you want to live your life over to prevent the mistakes that you made, did you think that preventing those mistakes might end up that you make bigger mistakes. One only knows. One change, changes everything.

merryclaire
i would pick a better man
men stink...oops, did i say that out loud?

peapod
hehehehehehehhe....wouldn't we all :P hindsight...good for nothing :P

[IF]

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you
But make allowance for their doubting too,
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:
If you can dream--and not make dreams your master,