Family Fight Night

galianomama
well, i am sure we have all been down this road, maybe not recently, but surely on at least a couple of occasions. my most recent 'trip' was this morning....i hate monday's to start with. fight over a parking space in the tooth brush holder. escalates to include a mother who shuffles upstairs to offer her opinion along with the blah blah about how 'we never fought when we were young!' OMG i really laughed at that one, or this little zinger, 'next time i'm calling the cops'. i think they may have to come out for a murder investigation. how about your trips????

galianomama
well, i am sure we have all been down this road, maybe not recently, but surely on at least a couple of occasions. my most recent 'trip' was this morning....i hate monday's to start with. fight over a parking space in the tooth brush holder. escalates to include a mother who shuffles upstairs to offer her opinion along with the blah blah about how 'we never fought when we were young!' OMG i really laughed at that one, or this little zinger, 'next time i'm calling the cops'. i think they may have to come out for a murder investigation. how about your trips????

galianomama

peapod
hahahahaha...your mom is so funnnnnnnnnnnny!...tell her next time she cheats at scrabble I am gonna call the cops! Its a disgrace trying to cheat at a game at her age :P

peapod
hahahahaha...your mom is so funnnnnnnnnnnny!...tell her next time she cheats at scrabble I am gonna call the cops! Its a disgrace trying to cheat at a game at her age :P

peapod

Cosmo
Not being the maternal sort, I only have a fur kid ... who provides constant "trips". She barks, as you know Galianomomma, like a fiend. And bites me. No one else, just me. We sound demented around here with the dog barking and us both screeching "shut your pie hole!!!" at her. *sigh* so it goes

I have learned to avoid all other fight nights by observing a few simple rules:

1. Never touch the remote control
2. Never put nail polish on Shell's toes when she's sleeping
3. Always empty my pockets before laundry day

Other than that, it's pretty peaceful around here.

Cosmo
Not being the maternal sort, I only have a fur kid ... who provides constant "trips". She barks, as you know Galianomomma, like a fiend. And bites me. No one else, just me. We sound demented around here with the dog barking and us both screeching "shut your pie hole!!!" at her. *sigh* so it goes

Cosmo

galianomama
i'm moving in for a few weeks, okay?

galianomama

galianomama

Twila
My daughter and I have the same fight everynight.

it goes like this:

9:00pm
Me: Time to get off the computer, Lys
Her: But Mom.....I've only been on for ........hrs
Me: it's still time to get off the computer
Her: How about in 15 mins.
Me: ok

15 mins later
Me: 15 minutes are up
Her: But Mom......
Me: Now
Her: gumbling, typing g2g on msn to a billion people, grumbling.....

Just about everynight this happens. On the nights she's over at a friends it varies very little. Usually you can switch "but I've only been on the computer for" to "But I've only been at so and so's house for"

Twila

it goes like this:

15 mins later

Just about everynight this happens. On the nights she's over at a friends it varies very little. Usually you can switch "but I've only been on the computer for" to "But I've only been at so and so's house for"

Twila

it goes like this:

15 mins later

Cosmo
Quote: Originally Posted by galianomama

hee hee hee ... You are always welcome.

You would spend about one day here and run away screaming with your eyes spinning one each way. Between Shell and I hogging the couch, the cigarette smoke and the crazed Jack Russell, your tooth brush holder wars would probably look pretty good. Course I wouldn't want to scare you off if you were going to cook while you were here!

Cosmo

You would spend about one day here and run away screaming with your eyes spinning one each way. Between Shell and I hogging the couch, the cigarette smoke and the crazed Jack Russell, your tooth brush holder wars would probably look pretty good. Course I wouldn't want to scare you off if you were going to cook while you were here!

Cosmo

LadyC
Quote: Originally Posted by peapod

When I was a kid my sister and I played Scrabble™ with our great Aunt in Norway. We would play in English and Tante Olga would play in Norwegian, and we'd do our best to explain what the words meant. We also agreed that if we drew any of the weird letters (Å, Æ, Ø) we could trade them in for "normal" ones.

After a while her daughter came in, chuckled over some of the words (I think one of them meant either "boobs" or "busty") and then asked what a few of the English words meant. It was then that we discovered that our dear sweet tante was making up words.

LadyC

When I was a kid my sister and I played Scrabble™ with our great Aunt in Norway. We would play in English and Tante Olga would play in Norwegian, and we'd do our best to explain what the words meant. We also agreed that if we drew any of the weird letters (Å, Æ, Ø) we could trade them in for "normal" ones.

After a while her daughter came in, chuckled over some of the words (I think one of them meant either "boobs" or "busty") and then asked what a few of the English words meant. It was then that we discovered that our dear sweet tante was making up words.

LadyC