It's about Beer....

peapod
Ahhh...Edge & I were looking forward to you guys coming down. They had some of the preparations for the show on the news tonight. Looks special.

... I've always found a good left hook with a right cross takes care of the "slugs"

hahahahaha you might think different when you actually meet us
Bring bunnypants cookies with you. I got a slug story......

Dark night.....go into the garage...feel along the wall for the light...feel something slimmy...uck....turn the light on....a big fat 6 inch slug on the wall.ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! !!!

peapod
Ahhh...Edge & I were looking forward to you guys coming down. They had some of the preparations for the show on the news tonight. Looks special.

... I've always found a good left hook with a right cross takes care of the "slugs"

Dark night.....go into the garage...feel along the wall for the light...feel something slimmy...uck....turn the light on....a big fat 6 inch slug on the wall.ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! !!!

peapod

LadyC
Quote: Originally Posted by merryclaire

ps/ i know nothing about slugs, except my mom telling me her and her friends used to put salt on them and watch them shrivel.
what a demented mom...isn't that a sign of bad behavior? cruelty to animals?
lol

No... slugs don't count - they're about the lowest form of life you can find.

I've never figured out what purpose they serve. If they suddenly disappeared off the face of the earth, would we miss them? Would the ecological balance be disturbed?

LadyC

ps/ i know nothing about slugs, except my mom telling me her and her friends used to put salt on them and watch them shrivel.
lol

I've never figured out what purpose they serve. If they suddenly disappeared off the face of the earth, would we miss them? Would the ecological balance be disturbed?

LadyC

lol

peapod
I have actually used salt a few times but I prefer more humane ways now...a good drowning

peapod
I have actually used salt a few times but I prefer more humane ways now...a good drowning

peapod

edgerunner
I was camping along the Ocean. The left one, to be more Pacific. And woke up covered with slugs. The big 'Bananna Slugs'. Most grossest thing ever.
Slugs must have a spiritual side as we all know that evil & corrupted Right-winged folks return as slugs in their next lifetime. Laws of Kharma are pretty straight-forward there.
If you get some baby ducks, they will gladly eat the garden slugs and think that you are their Mother at the same time. What a great trade....eh?

edgerunner
I was camping along the Ocean. The left one, to be more Pacific. And woke up covered with slugs. The big 'Bananna Slugs'. Most grossest thing ever.
Slugs must have a spiritual side as we all know that evil & corrupted Right-winged folks return as slugs in their next lifetime. Laws of Kharma are pretty straight-forward there.
If you get some baby ducks, they will gladly eat the garden slugs and think that you are their Mother at the same time. What a great trade....eh?

edgerunner

Twila
Quote:

I've never figured out what purpose they serve.

I think they were meant for strictly entertainment. Their entertainment value far out does their annoyance factor.

I remember going camping with my daughter when she was 2yrs old. One morning. Out we go to find a nice tree lying on the ground. My daughter is unable to "squat" without a helping hand. It was easier to have her "sit" on a small log. We'd done this "stunt" a few times and she'd finally gotten the hang of hanging her deriere over the log. So off we go in search of a 'right' log.....when what do we see? But a mob of slugs. Big green ones and big yellow ones.

My daughter REFUSED to "go" with them around. She was scared they'd riot and storm her leg! oh. It was soooo funny.

Our dogs use to love figure them out. They're slime makes a dogs tongue go numb.

Very entertaining creatures. Their only useful function.....lol

Twila
Quote:

I think they were meant for strictly entertainment. Their entertainment value far out does their annoyance factor.

I remember going camping with my daughter when she was 2yrs old. One morning. Out we go to find a nice tree lying on the ground. My daughter is unable to "squat" without a helping hand. It was easier to have her "sit" on a small log. We'd done this "stunt" a few times and she'd finally gotten the hang of hanging her deriere over the log. So off we go in search of a 'right' log.....when what do we see? But a mob of slugs. Big green ones and big yellow ones.

My daughter REFUSED to "go" with them around. She was scared they'd riot and storm her leg! oh. It was soooo funny.

Our dogs use to love figure them out. They're slime makes a dogs tongue go numb.

Twila
Quote:

Jay
Quote: Originally Posted by edgerunner

"Slugs must have a spiritual side as we all know that evil & corrupted Right-winged folks return as slugs in their next lifetime. Laws of Kharma are pretty straight-forward there."

Evil & corrupted Left-winged folks don't return at all as they can't be trusted to even be slugs. Laws of Kharma are pretty straight-forward there too.

Jay

"Slugs must have a spiritual side as we all know that evil & corrupted Right-winged folks return as slugs in their next lifetime. Laws of Kharma are pretty straight-forward there."

Evil & corrupted Left-winged folks don't return at all as they can't be trusted to even be slugs. Laws of Kharma are pretty straight-forward there too.

Jay

LadyC
There's no such thing as an evil & corrupted left-winger.:P

LadyC

LadyC

peapod
I was camping along the Ocean. The left one, to be more Pacific. And woke up covered with slugs. The big 'Bananna Slugs'.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! you gotta be kidding that is the worst slug story I ever heard I have new found respect for you edge.lol

peapod
I was camping along the Ocean. The left one, to be more Pacific. And woke up covered with slugs. The big 'Bananna Slugs'.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! you gotta be kidding that is the worst slug story I ever heard I have new found respect for you edge.lol

peapod

passpatoo
Quote: Originally Posted by Andem

On the topic of beer, there is a microbrewery in Creemore, Ontario by the same name of the town. Very tasty stuff Rev: You should check your local beer store/liquor store for this stuff:

Creemore is one of my favourites. But I was told that it was only available in the TO area. I have to wait until I go to visit my inlaws to have the occaisional fix.

passpatoo

On the topic of beer, there is a microbrewery in Creemore, Ontario by the same name of the town. Very tasty stuff Rev: You should check your local beer store/liquor store for this stuff:

Creemore is one of my favourites. But I was told that it was only available in the TO area. I have to wait until I go to visit my inlaws to have the occaisional fix.

passpatoo

Reverend Blair
I'll look when I'm at the liquor store tomorrow. Ive never heard of Creemore though, and I keep pretty close track of the beer situation.

Reverend Blair
I'll look when I'm at the liquor store tomorrow. Ive never heard of Creemore though, and I keep pretty close track of the beer situation.

Reverend Blair