It's about Beer....

peapod
I think you are thinking about a "octoberfest" or something rev...but now that you mention it beer...yes beer is used in the garden I have used it many times....

Organic Fertilizing:
1 can of beer
1 cup of ammonia
1 cup of plain liquid dish soap...{not liquid detergent}
1 cup any brand liquid lawn fertilizer
1 cup of molasses or corn syrup

You can use beer in many other garden organic receipes....you should try it rev

peapod
I think you are thinking about a "octoberfest" or something rev...but now that you mention it beer...yes beer is used in the garden I have used it many times....

Organic Fertilizing:
1 can of beer
1 cup of ammonia

peapod

Organic Fertilizing:
1 can of beer
1 cup of ammonia

Reverend Blair
It's the main fuel for the guy who has to wrestle the rototiller.

Reverend Blair

Reverend Blair

edgerunner
Slugs will really mess up a garden, but they like beer-drinking almost as much as Canadians. Put a saucer of beer in you garden on a Wednesday night and the slugs will drink it and ‘DIE, you beasts’. It really works. Poor little livers. Just another good use for Beer, y’all.

edgerunner
Slugs will really mess up a garden, but they like beer-drinking almost as much as Canadians. Put a saucer of beer in you garden on a Wednesday night and the slugs will drink it and ‘DIE, you beasts’. It really works. Poor little livers. Just another good use for Beer, y’all.

edgerunner

merryclaire
why does it have to be a wednesday?
do slugs have their friday nites on wednesday?
hmmmm.....

merryclaire
hmmmm.....

merryclaire
hmmmm.....

merryclaire
i seem to have a problem with double clicking submit...lol

merryclaire

merryclaire

peapod
Where?????? I don't see any double messages in this thread I think you are drinking beer again :P Have you got shaw cable?? Have you noticed the last few days that it takes forever to load pages sometimes??

You can also use half a grapefruit for slugs..or a board with some salad under it...they really like that

peapod
Where?????? I don't see any double messages in this thread I think you are drinking beer again :P Have you got shaw cable?? Have you noticed the last few days that it takes forever to load pages sometimes??

You can also use half a grapefruit for slugs..or a board with some salad under it...they really like that

peapod

zenfisher
Ahhh...Edge & I were looking forward to you guys coming down. They had some of the preparations for the show on the news tonight. Looks special.

... I've always found a good left hook with a right cross takes care of the "slugs"

zenfisher
Ahhh...Edge & I were looking forward to you guys coming down. They had some of the preparations for the show on the news tonight. Looks special.

... I've always found a good left hook with a right cross takes care of the "slugs"

zenfisher

merryclaire
i don't know, maybe i am drunk again! i thought it came up twice
lol
yes, i've got shaw and yes, i've noticed it takes forever to load pages. i'm glad i'm not the only one

merryclaire
lol
yes, i've got shaw and yes, i've noticed it takes forever to load pages. i'm glad i'm not the only one

merryclaire
lol

merryclaire
ps/ i know nothing about slugs, except my mom telling me her and her friends used to put salt on them and watch them shrivel.
what a demented mom...isn't that a sign of bad behavior? cruelty to animals?
lol

merryclaire
ps/ i know nothing about slugs, except my mom telling me her and her friends used to put salt on them and watch them shrivel.
lol

merryclaire
lol

Andem
On the topic of beer, there is a microbrewery in Creemore, Ontario by the same name of the town. Very tasty stuff Rev: You should check your local beer store/liquor store for this stuff:

Andem
On the topic of beer, there is a microbrewery in Creemore, Ontario by the same name of the town. Very tasty stuff Rev: You should check your local beer store/liquor store for this stuff:

Andem