If you didn't have to work

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Suppose you win the lottery or a distant relative dies and leaves you a fortune. You have enough money to live comfortably without the need to work.

Would you still go to work? If not, would you be bored. What would you do with you free time

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Suppose you win the lottery or a distant relative dies and leaves you a fortune. You have enough money to live comfortably without the need to work.

Would you still go to work? If not, would you be bored. What would you do with you free time

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow

NSA

Nominee Member
Jan 20, 2005
Guelph, Ontario
RE: If you didn't have to

Screw work. I'm not very good at it anyway. I'd go do stuff for Habitat for Humanity or some aid org somewhere. Even just digging ditches somewhere or whatever... why not? It'd be better than turning into this guy. And I'd devote more time to my hobbies, evenings and wekends just don't seem to last as long as they used to :(.

NSA

Nominee Member
Jan 20, 2005
Guelph, Ontario

Screw work. I'm not very good at it anyway. I'd go do stuff for Habitat for Humanity or some aid org somewhere. Even just digging ditches somewhere or whatever... why not? It'd be better than turning into this guy. And I'd devote more time to my hobbies, evenings and wekends just don't seem to last as long as they used to :(.

NSA

Nominee Member
Jan 20, 2005
Guelph, Ontario

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
I took early retirement 5 years ago,have a decent pension and don't miss working one bit. Now,I just enjoy every day doing whatever I feel like..It's great!

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
I took early retirement 5 years ago,have a decent pension and don't miss working one bit. Now,I just enjoy every day doing whatever I feel like..It's great!

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

I think you have to define work. If you have hobbies and interests that will keep you busy, is that work? Most people seem to work harder at their avocations than their vocations anyway. I think the people who get into trouble with lottery money are the ones who just worked all the time...they have no idea what to do with their spare time.

If I won the lottery, I'd move out in the country someplace though. There's always a lot of work to do in places like that. Actually I'd move now...I can work anyplace with an internet connection...but Mrs. Rev still goes to work every day.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

I think you have to define work. If you have hobbies and interests that will keep you busy, is that work? Most people seem to work harder at their avocations than their vocations anyway. I think the people who get into trouble with lottery money are the ones who just worked all the time...they have no idea what to do with their spare time.

If I won the lottery, I'd move out in the country someplace though. There's always a lot of work to do in places like that. Actually I'd move now...I can work anyplace with an internet connection...but Mrs. Rev still goes to work every day.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

passpatoo

Electoral Member
Aug 29, 2004
Algoma
Lead a hippy environmentalist lifestyle on Manitoulin Island, complete with sheep, and a Garden. Sponsor a few more kids in 3rd world countries and study via distance ed. whatever I wanted. Oh yeah, and hone my beer and wine making skills.:)

passpatoo

Electoral Member
Aug 29, 2004
Algoma
Lead a hippy environmentalist lifestyle on Manitoulin Island, complete with sheep, and a Garden. Sponsor a few more kids in 3rd world countries and study via distance ed. whatever I wanted. Oh yeah, and hone my beer and wine making skills.:)

passpatoo

Electoral Member
Aug 29, 2004
Algoma

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I'd volunteer at a couple of animal shelters. If I'd won enough money that I could afford to open my own shelter, then I'd do that.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I'd volunteer at a couple of animal shelters. If I'd won enough money that I could afford to open my own shelter, then I'd do that.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
Re: RE: If you didn't have to work

missile said:

We're very much the same, missle - it will be 5 years for me in October.
One nice thing is that its quite rare when you find yourself doing something that you simply don't FEEL like doing - oh, it still happens once in a while, but not very much.

One thing I don't get to do enough is get out with the wife, the cat, and our 5th wheel - she still works, dammit!

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
Re: RE: If you didn't have to work

missile said:

We're very much the same, missle - it will be 5 years for me in October.
One nice thing is that its quite rare when you find yourself doing something that you simply don't FEEL like doing - oh, it still happens once in a while, but not very much.

One thing I don't get to do enough is get out with the wife, the cat, and our 5th wheel - she still works, dammit!