Words you hate

Twila
how about when news people say "on the ground" . As in something has arrived or landed. It's on the ground. I find that one mildly annoying. Only because the alternative/opposite is "it's in the air" when sometimes it was never in the air and isn't really on the ground.

I hate "close enough" cause if it really was close enough it would be IT.

I really really hate when people don't choose words correctly. And it leaves me questioning what it is they're trying to say. Cause then they get frustrated at having to explain to me what they meant, when if they'd simply choosen the correct word at the beginning we could have all moved on and been done with it! If you mean blue don't say torquise.

Twila
how about when news people say "on the ground" . As in something has arrived or landed. It's on the ground. I find that one mildly annoying. Only because the alternative/opposite is "it's in the air" when sometimes it was never in the air and isn't really on the ground.

I really really hate when people don't choose words correctly. And it leaves me questioning what it is they're trying to say. Cause then they get frustrated at having to explain to me what they meant, when if they'd simply choosen the correct word at the beginning we could have all moved on and been done with it! If you mean blue don't say torquise.

Twila