Words you hate

NSA

Nominee Member
Jan 20, 2005
Guelph, Ontario
insurgent - it's used now because "guerrilla" makes people think "underdog hero" not "terr'ist"
downsizing - doublespeak
lifestyle - marketing-speak for "what you buy"
antibacterial - marketing-speak, should really be called "help tougher bacteria evolve by periodically dousing them in weak chemicals"

I'm with you on "extreme" too. I'm a (mediocre) rock climber and "extreme sports" sounds like the climbing gym should be filled with lanky, dreadlocked, hopelessly hip white boys, drinking Powerade and saying "dude, that was some extreme fall you took man, like totally gonzo". It ain't. Lots of kids and unathletic people (possibly including me) show up and we all like that and have fun.

NSA

Nominee Member
Jan 20, 2005
Guelph, Ontario
insurgent - it's used now because "guerrilla" makes people think "underdog hero" not "terr'ist"
downsizing - doublespeak
antibacterial - marketing-speak, should really be called "help tougher bacteria evolve by periodically dousing them in weak chemicals"

I'm with you on "extreme" too. I'm a (mediocre) rock climber and "extreme sports" sounds like the climbing gym should be filled with lanky, dreadlocked, hopelessly hip white boys, drinking Powerade and saying "dude, that was some extreme fall you took man, like totally gonzo". It ain't. Lots of kids and unathletic people (possibly including me) show up and we all like that and have fun.

NSA

Nominee Member
Jan 20, 2005
Guelph, Ontario
downsizing - doublespeak

Gonzo

Electoral Member
Dec 5, 2004
Was Victoria, now Ottawa
Evil doers - This expression is thrown around too much by a certain leader.
offended - Too many people are easily offended by the littlest thing (like Janet jacksons breast).
No worries - Too many people say this.
Genius This word has lost all meaning when pop stars and movie actors are called geneouses. I'm a Nirvana fan, but Kurt Cobain is not a genius.

Gonzo

Electoral Member
Dec 5, 2004
Was Victoria, now Ottawa
offended - Too many people are easily offended by the littlest thing (like Janet jacksons breast).
Genius This word has lost all meaning when pop stars and movie actors are called geneouses. I'm a Nirvana fan, but Kurt Cobain is not a genius.

Gonzo

Electoral Member
Dec 5, 2004
Was Victoria, now Ottawa

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
New and improved Which is it? Is it new, or is it improved?
Irregardless Do you mean regardless or regardful?
24-7 Nobody does anything 24-7.
Sex addict, gambling addict etc Addiction is a physical dependency on a chemical. You might have an impulse control problem, you might just like sex too much. You are not an addict though, you have a mental illness.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Sex addict, gambling addict etc Addiction is a physical dependency on a chemical. You might have an impulse control problem, you might just like sex too much. You are not an addict though, you have a mental illness.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
"At the end of the day"

I could HANG anyone that I hear still saying that. I saw a less-than-one-minute news-clip with some Politico the other day, and he used it FOUR times!
Get a brain.....

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
"At the end of the day"

I could HANG anyone that I hear still saying that. I saw a less-than-one-minute news-clip with some Politico the other day, and he used it FOUR times!
Get a brain.....

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
"At the end of the day"

Get a brain.....