Words you hate

BinkyBoy
How about "absolutely"?

BinkyBoy
How about "absolutely"?

BinkyBoy
How about "absolutely"?

peapod
This word gets used at work alot...at first it was funny...but now its really annoying!!!

cranial rectitis

peapod
This word gets used at work alot...at first it was funny...but now its really annoying!!!

cranial rectitis

peapod

cranial rectitis

Gonzo
Closure - Whenever I watch the news about someone being executed, the family of the victim says "now we have closure". How can you get any closure? The one you loved is still dead. It's a stupid expression.

Gonzo
Closure - Whenever I watch the news about someone being executed, the family of the victim says "now we have closure". How can you get any closure? The one you loved is still dead. It's a stupid expression.

Gonzo

LadyC
No problem, as a reply to "thank you". The answer is "you're welcome".

This one is petty, but I hate when people mix up "despite" and "in spite of". If you're doing something to spite someone, use the latter. If you're doing something irregardless of what someone said, then use the former.

I'll think of some more later.

LadyC

This one is petty, but I hate when people mix up "despite" and "in spite of". If you're doing something to spite someone, use the latter. If you're doing something irregardless of what someone said, then use the former.

LadyC

Stretch
bush
weapons of mass destruction
axis of evil
terrorist
terrorism
elkyda

Stretch
bush
axis of evil
terrorist
terrorism
elkyda

Stretch
bush
axis of evil
terrorist
terrorism
elkyda

peapod
"axis of evil" I hate that phrase, its so lame. Australians have some really funny words, I love the way they talk. What was the song waltzing matilda really about?

peapod
"axis of evil" I hate that phrase, its so lame. Australians have some really funny words, I love the way they talk. What was the song waltzing matilda really about?

peapod

Stretch
Waltzing Matilda is, briefly, a song about a tramp who camps by a creek and steals a sheep. Three policemen arrive; rather than submit to capture, the tramp commits suicide by drowning himself in the creek.
www.hamilton.net.au/matilda.html (external - login to view)

www.anu.edu.au/people/Roger.Clarke/WM/ (external - login to view)

Stretch
Waltzing Matilda is, briefly, a song about a tramp who camps by a creek and steals a sheep. Three policemen arrive; rather than submit to capture, the tramp commits suicide by drowning himself in the creek.

Stretch

peapod
I thought maybe it was someone like ned kelly. I read the true history of the kelly gang, by peter carey.

peapod
I thought maybe it was someone like ned kelly. I read the true history of the kelly gang, by peter carey.

peapod

Stretch
In Australia we have to vote(compulsory voting) for people who are doing worse than what Ned Kelly did........"such is life" eh

Stretch
In Australia we have to vote(compulsory voting) for people who are doing worse than what Ned Kelly did........"such is life" eh

Stretch

missile
The two words I HATE the most today are "SNOW" and "SHOVELLING". 3 blizzards in a week are just a wee bit too much!

missile
The two words I HATE the most today are "SNOW" and "SHOVELLING". 3 blizzards in a week are just a wee bit too much!

missile