What's on your Computer Desk? Right now?

Reverend Blair
I have a special levitating computer, so it's never really on my desk.

Reverend Blair

Reverend Blair

Ten Packs
Quote: Originally Posted by Reverend Blair

Nahhhh! It don't levitate - it's just that the stuff you write is so 'halfway-to-space" that it can't touch down!

Ten Packs

Nahhhh! It don't levitate - it's just that the stuff you write is so 'halfway-to-space" that it can't touch down!

Ten Packs

LadyC
Good one, 10-packs.

LadyC
Good one, 10-packs.

LadyC
Good one, 10-packs.

Reverend Blair

Reverend Blair

Reverend Blair

Dexter Sinister
On my desk at this very moment:

ancient HP Laserjet IIP
computer
monitor
2 little speakers
wireless headphones
telephone
last night's Scotch glass (yes, I'm at home, not work)
this morning's coffee cup
scanner
aromatic candle (lit)
keyboard and mouse
empty ashtray (haven't lit my first yet)
radio
clock
desk lamp (actually, it's on top of the computer)
assorted pads of paper
various tins full of pens, pencils, rulers, scissors, and other assorted junk
wire rack full correspondence I'll probably never answer
pile of software CDs
only one book, instead of the usual dozen, Roger Penrose's The Road to Reality.
large desk pad displaying a map of the world in the Mercator projection that makes Canada look four times as big as the United States.

So, I hear you thinking, how big is my desktop? Lemme just whip out the tape measure here... three by six feet. I cut it down from an old slab door.

Dexter Sinister

ancient HP Laserjet IIP
computer
monitor
2 little speakers
wireless headphones
telephone
scanner
aromatic candle (lit)
keyboard and mouse
radio
clock
assorted pads of paper
pile of software CDs
large desk pad displaying a map of the world in the Mercator projection that makes Canada look four times as big as the United States.

So, I hear you thinking, how big is my desktop? Lemme just whip out the tape measure here... three by six feet. I cut it down from an old slab door.

Dexter Sinister

ancient HP Laserjet IIP
computer
monitor
2 little speakers
wireless headphones
telephone
scanner
aromatic candle (lit)
keyboard and mouse
radio
clock
assorted pads of paper
pile of software CDs

Reverend Blair
That's the same size as my desk. I found mine at the Habitat for Humanity store one day and fell in love. It's this huge ugly green thing. We had to take it apart to get it into the house.

Reverend Blair
That's the same size as my desk. I found mine at the Habitat for Humanity store one day and fell in love. It's this huge ugly green thing. We had to take it apart to get it into the house.

Reverend Blair

Dexter Sinister
"Huge ugly green thing?" I bet it's beautiful. Mine's a huge ugly brown thing, that I also had to take apart to get into the house and down the stairs to my den, but it's also beautiful. Can't have too big a desk, but you can have too small a room. Personally, I'd like a desk big enough to land a helicopter on, but I don't think my room is big enough...

Dexter Sinister
"Huge ugly green thing?" I bet it's beautiful. Mine's a huge ugly brown thing, that I also had to take apart to get into the house and down the stairs to my den, but it's also beautiful. Can't have too big a desk, but you can have too small a room. Personally, I'd like a desk big enough to land a helicopter on, but I don't think my room is big enough...

Dexter Sinister

Dexter Sinister
p.s. You fall in love with huge ugly green things? I'd like to see a picture of your significant other, if such there be...

Dexter Sinister
p.s. You fall in love with huge ugly green things? I'd like to see a picture of your significant other, if such there be...

Dexter Sinister

Reverend Blair
She's small and pale. One of those people who can't even get a tan.

I do seem to have a thing for large green metal objects though. My desk, the big green truck, John Deere farm implements, that Oliver swather that's always broken. I never really thought of it before.

Reverend Blair

I do seem to have a thing for large green metal objects though. My desk, the big green truck, John Deere farm implements, that Oliver swather that's always broken. I never really thought of it before.

Reverend Blair