Coming together in the weather

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
One good thing about the weather here in victoria, its gives lots of spare times for different groups to meet and catch up. Usually we are all to busy with the nice weather and out and bout doing our thing. :)
Last week I got to play catch up on my groups and buddies that I have seen in awhile. I got all caught up on the latest cephalopod news, and went to a pacific northwest tree octopus meeting, which are endangered, and we need to save the tree octupus from exinction.
Boycott companies that use non-tree-octopus-safe wood harvesting practices.

Than it was on to the meeting of save of the mountain walrus, who had very good appy's I might add...all organic to.
Than its the meeting of save the red crabs of christmas island. A really great bunch and so committed.

Than is on to P.E.T.PU. ( people for the ethical treatment of pumpkins) pronunced pet poo. an organization dedicated to the rights of pumpkins. Is there any more deserving entity? Consider the lovely orange roundness of this gentle fruit. Pumpkins only wish to live in peace, they will not lash out in spite of the horrors we visit upon them. They are truly magnanimous. Contact me if you wish to donate)

Finally I got to hang out with all my buds over at greenpea.org :p :p
Yes, a snowfall on the island, give you the time to get caught up on all the latest news. :wink: Asume the lotus postion.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
One good thing about the weather here in victoria, its gives lots of spare times for different groups to meet and catch up. Usually we are all to busy with the nice weather and out and bout doing our thing. :)
Last week I got to play catch up on my groups and buddies that I have seen in awhile. I got all caught up on the latest cephalopod news, and went to a pacific northwest tree octopus meeting, which are endangered, and we need to save the tree octupus from exinction.

Than it was on to the meeting of save of the mountain walrus, who had very good appy's I might add...all organic to.
Than its the meeting of save the red crabs of christmas island. A really great bunch and so committed.

Than is on to P.E.T.PU. ( people for the ethical treatment of pumpkins) pronunced pet poo. an organization dedicated to the rights of pumpkins. Is there any more deserving entity? Consider the lovely orange roundness of this gentle fruit. Pumpkins only wish to live in peace, they will not lash out in spite of the horrors we visit upon them. They are truly magnanimous. Contact me if you wish to donate)

Yes, a snowfall on the island, give you the time to get caught up on all the latest news. :wink: Asume the lotus postion.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow

galianomama

Council Member
Jun 29, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
Consider the lovely orange roundness of this gentle fruit. Pumpkins only wish to live in peace, they will not lash out in spite of the horrors we visit upon them. They are truly magnanimous. Contact me if you wish to donate)

my god pea, you read my mind 8O !!! I have in the back of my '92 tempo a rouge vif d'etamps pumpkin!!!! poor thing, rolling around in the dark. (well, i can sort of imagine that!)....

gawk, it has been there since...........october. yikes, being organic and firm and supple i suppose i should use it up. i totally forgot about it until you reminded me of the semi-annual PETPU meeting. okay, i will defintely need to do something with my orange buddy soon.

galianomama

Council Member
Jun 29, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
Consider the lovely orange roundness of this gentle fruit. Pumpkins only wish to live in peace, they will not lash out in spite of the horrors we visit upon them. They are truly magnanimous. Contact me if you wish to donate)

my god pea, you read my mind 8O !!! I have in the back of my '92 tempo a rouge vif d'etamps pumpkin!!!! poor thing, rolling around in the dark. (well, i can sort of imagine that!)....

gawk, it has been there since...........october. yikes, being organic and firm and supple i suppose i should use it up. i totally forgot about it until you reminded me of the semi-annual PETPU meeting. okay, i will defintely need to do something with my orange buddy soon.

galianomama

Council Member
Jun 29, 2004
Victoria, B.C.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
P.E.T.P.U. ? Which amounts to thinly veiled genus and specie bigotry. Imagine an organization for the safety of pumpkins only. Cucurbita guardian angels? Bull cacka

Let me guess, you leave the squash out their on their own to defend themselves as best they can because you don't like the multy colour flesh or their sometimes bumpy warty skin? Or irregular shape?

Well I've never been more disgusted! This is really really disturbing!

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
P.E.T.P.U. ? Which amounts to thinly veiled genus and specie bigotry. Imagine an organization for the safety of pumpkins only. Cucurbita guardian angels? Bull cacka

Let me guess, you leave the squash out their on their own to defend themselves as best they can because you don't like the multy colour flesh or their sometimes bumpy warty skin? Or irregular shape?

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Bull cacka :p don't get your cucurbita in a knot cha cha :wink: We love the lonely squash..its just that pumpkins are much more attractive....

What do you get if you divide the circumference
of a pumpkin by its diameter?
Pumpkin pi. :wink:

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Bull cacka :p don't get your cucurbita in a knot cha cha :wink: We love the lonely squash..its just that pumpkins are much more attractive....

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
What if we changed the name of squash to be...cuter. Something along the lines of....squakins? Could they join your organizatin and be saved? They could be like "born again pumpkins" or something.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
What if we changed the name of squash to be...cuter. Something along the lines of....squakins? Could they join your organizatin and be saved? They could be like "born again pumpkins" or something.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
I put it on the list for the next meeting cha cha..don't worry! If they are born again....they better not start preaching to the other members of the cucurbita family...ehm...I am shocked by galaniomama abuse of her backseat pumpkin 8O I am turning her in. Do you garden twila?

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
I put it on the list for the next meeting cha cha..don't worry! If they are born again....they better not start preaching to the other members of the cucurbita family...ehm...I am shocked by galaniomama abuse of her backseat pumpkin 8O I am turning her in. Do you garden twila?

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I will be starting up this year after nearly 8 yrs of limited green space. Been living in accommodations not conducive to planting. Course it didn't stop me. Had a lovely little oasis of shade plants growing in my carport right up until the landlord decided to repair the roof at the beginning of the summer. Bloody moron.

Came home from work to discover my little oasis had been devastated by dust and debris. The landlord I had before that had dogs that pissed on everything.

Now I have no landlord. A lovely plot of earth that's blanker then a painters canves.

I'm looking forward spring so I can have a spectacularily colourful summer.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I will be starting up this year after nearly 8 yrs of limited green space. Been living in accommodations not conducive to planting. Course it didn't stop me. Had a lovely little oasis of shade plants growing in my carport right up until the landlord decided to repair the roof at the beginning of the summer. Bloody moron.

Came home from work to discover my little oasis had been devastated by dust and debris. The landlord I had before that had dogs that pissed on everything.

Now I have no landlord. A lovely plot of earth that's blanker then a painters canves.

I'm looking forward spring so I can have a spectacularily colourful summer.