Our Baby

Reverend Blair
That could be, Ten Packs. Sometimes the strangest things cause problems.

The Chevy is still quieter than the Cummins though. Not that you really notice even the noisiest diesel the way they sound-proof the cabs now. It's just when you're standing outside them or have the window down.

Reverend Blair

The Chevy is still quieter than the Cummins though. Not that you really notice even the noisiest diesel the way they sound-proof the cabs now. It's just when you're standing outside them or have the window down.

Reverend Blair

Ten Packs
Well, whatever I get, it will have to wait until I get a winning ticket or somebody dies or something..... the PRICE of diesel trucks, even used - Holy crap!

Ten Packs
Well, whatever I get, it will have to wait until I get a winning ticket or somebody dies or something..... the PRICE of diesel trucks, even used - Holy crap!

Ten Packs

Paranoid Dot Calm
Hey! TenPaks

I think that would be a great place to get away from a baby.

Calm

Paranoid Dot Calm
Hey! TenPaks

Calm

Paranoid Dot Calm
Hey! TenPaks

Calm

Ten Packs
LMAO!

Neat animation - twenty years late, but cute as Hell!

Thanks!

Ten Packs
LMAO!

Thanks!

Ten Packs
LMAO!

Thanks!

Reverend Blair
You're on the same new truck buying plan as me then, Ten Packs. I don't even bother to buy tickets anymore, I just say, "Man, when I win the lottery I'm take $80 K in cash and go buy me a pick-up truck." I figure my chances are about the same with or without a ticket, so why not?

My "new" truck is a 1982 Dodge with a slant 6. My bro-in-law found it at work...it came in as a trade in. The previous owner bought it new to haul branches at his cottage...it was the cheapest truck available in 1982. 106,000 kms on it, hardly any rust because it was never driven in the winter, and it was only $1300. It goes forever on a tank of gas on a tank of gas too. The catch is that it's still a Dodge with a slant 6. No power on the highway at all.

That 4-bolt 350 will haul your trailer though. It's the motor that is supposed to be in the big green truck.

Reverend Blair
You're on the same new truck buying plan as me then, Ten Packs. I don't even bother to buy tickets anymore, I just say, "Man, when I win the lottery I'm take $80 K in cash and go buy me a pick-up truck." I figure my chances are about the same with or without a ticket, so why not?

My "new" truck is a 1982 Dodge with a slant 6. My bro-in-law found it at work...it came in as a trade in. The previous owner bought it new to haul branches at his cottage...it was the cheapest truck available in 1982. 106,000 kms on it, hardly any rust because it was never driven in the winter, and it was only $1300. It goes forever on a tank of gas on a tank of gas too. The catch is that it's still a Dodge with a slant 6. No power on the highway at all.

That 4-bolt 350 will haul your trailer though. It's the motor that is supposed to be in the big green truck.

Reverend Blair

Ten Packs
Quote: Originally Posted by Reverend Blair

Yeah, but she works pretty hard on the hills, though - a quarter of the time the Secondaries are wide open.
But then, you gotta see what we call "hills" around here.

Ten Packs

Yeah, but she works pretty hard on the hills, though - a quarter of the time the Secondaries are wide open.

Ten Packs

Reverend Blair
I have seen what you call hills. We call those "mountains" out here, Ten Packs. Actually we call Riding Mountain a mountain and it's really just a big hill. Better than the province I used to live in though...they were so short on hills that they built one out of garbage. It's called Blackstrap.

I believe there's an adjustment on both the vacuum and the mechanical secondary kick-in of Quadrajet carbs if you want to save some gas and don't mind slowing right down on the hills. It's all part of the choke mechanism. Don't ask me the proper method for adjusting it though...I've gotten into more trouble with carbs than any other mechanical device.

Reverend Blair
I have seen what you call hills. We call those "mountains" out here, Ten Packs. Actually we call Riding Mountain a mountain and it's really just a big hill. Better than the province I used to live in though...they were so short on hills that they built one out of garbage. It's called Blackstrap.

I believe there's an adjustment on both the vacuum and the mechanical secondary kick-in of Quadrajet carbs if you want to save some gas and don't mind slowing right down on the hills. It's all part of the choke mechanism. Don't ask me the proper method for adjusting it though...I've gotten into more trouble with carbs than any other mechanical device.

Reverend Blair

Ten Packs
Thanks, but in those cases I NEED all four barrels - sometimes I'm down to 50k, on the steep long ones.

Ten Packs
Thanks, but in those cases I NEED all four barrels - sometimes I'm down to 50k, on the steep long ones.

Ten Packs

Reverend Blair
I always liked having those extra barrels too. Something else you may want to look at is a high performance kit for your distributor. You can get a kit with various springs that allows you to set your advance for what you drive. Likely the heaviest springs would be the ones for your application....it's kind of a trial and error thing.

Actually if you had a cam installed for heavy use they might have done that at the time.

I miss having a truck that always needed to be tinkered with. This Dodge just starts and drives. There isn't a damned thing available to make a slant 6 more fun.

Reverend Blair
I always liked having those extra barrels too. Something else you may want to look at is a high performance kit for your distributor. You can get a kit with various springs that allows you to set your advance for what you drive. Likely the heaviest springs would be the ones for your application....it's kind of a trial and error thing.

Actually if you had a cam installed for heavy use they might have done that at the time.

I miss having a truck that always needed to be tinkered with. This Dodge just starts and drives. There isn't a damned thing available to make a slant 6 more fun.

Reverend Blair

Ten Packs

Get Mrs. Rev to write "Overhauling" and submit your name.

Have you seen that show?

Ten Packs

Have you seen that show?

Ten Packs

Have you seen that show?