Language

Reverend Blair
Ricky, you were asking about Canadian versus American accents somewhere on here. I can't find the thread now, but it doesn't matter.

There was a pretty cool show on PBS on Thursday night/Friday morning called Do You Speak American or something like that. It was a three part series, but they played all three parts back to back, which was cool. It isn't like I actually sleep anymore anyway.

They travelled all over the US looking at the accents and the way the English was used and was changing in the US. You could do the same thing practically anyplace. They touched on everything from slang to how people speak affects the way they are perceived.

I thought you might be interested so I thought I'd let you know. You can find a link to the show at www.pbs.org/ (external - login to view)

Reverend Blair
Ricky, you were asking about Canadian versus American accents somewhere on here. I can't find the thread now, but it doesn't matter.

There was a pretty cool show on PBS on Thursday night/Friday morning called Do You Speak American or something like that. It was a three part series, but they played all three parts back to back, which was cool. It isn't like I actually sleep anymore anyway.

They travelled all over the US looking at the accents and the way the English was used and was changing in the US. You could do the same thing practically anyplace. They touched on everything from slang to how people speak affects the way they are perceived.

I thought you might be interested so I thought I'd let you know. You can find a link to the show at www.pbs.org/ (external - login to view)

Reverend Blair

peapod
Hey thanks rev, I am going to tape that...pbs is the best

peapod

peapod

undergradNITZ
i hate how almost all americans think that all canadians have accidents...

undergradNITZ

undergradNITZ

Pemmican
Quote: Originally Posted by Reverend Blair

Unfortunately, I can't watch it I guess that was very interestng. I wish they'd show that on German TV, too... Could anyone maybe record it and send it to me? *hehe*

Pemmican

Unfortunately, I can't watch it I guess that was very interestng. I wish they'd show that on German TV, too... Could anyone maybe record it and send it to me? *hehe*

Pemmican

sj007
Quote: Originally Posted by undergradNITZ

do youmean acents or accidents there undergardnitz cuz there is a tiny difference

sj007

do youmean acents or accidents there undergardnitz cuz there is a tiny difference

sj007