Come and solve an argument

Ten Packs
Sorry - a stylistic habit of mine..... ask Rev.

Ten Packs

Ten Packs

Judland
No prob. And now we know what the darned thing is.

Judland

Judland

Ten Packs
say aardvark? I was obviously able to ACCESS your site to see the pic, and afterward I thought for the Heck of it I would register, which I did..... but NOW I am denied access!

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
You do not have permission to access the page that you were trying to. Are you trying to edit someone else's post or trying to access administrative features? Check that you are allowed to perform this action in the Forum Rules.
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Logged in user: Ten Packs [logout]

Is there a waiting time, or a confirmation I need to get emailed to me?

(registered with the same name as here)

Ten Packs
say aardvark? I was obviously able to ACCESS your site to see the pic, and afterward I thought for the Heck of it I would register, which I did..... but NOW I am denied access!

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
You do not have permission to access the page that you were trying to. Are you trying to edit someone else's post or trying to access administrative features? Check that you are allowed to perform this action in the Forum Rules.
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Ten Packs

moghrabi
Shoot. Then my theory is gone. It is not Bush after all.

moghrabi

moghrabi

Reverend Blair
Quote:

No Mog it isn't, it's where they cut the bush back.

Quote:

I was obviously able to ACCESS your site to see the pic, and afterward I thought for the Heck of it I would register, which I did..... but NOW I am denied access!

Me too...apparently a mod has give you the personal okey dokey, then get back to you.

Quote:

It's true. He can be very bold.

Quote:

I have seen all kinds of these, flying around BC.

I've never seen a line fly, but I have noticed them laying there on the ground.

Quote:

Could be photoshoped.

It could be, but it would take some real skill to do it...shadows on whites are tough. I doubt anybody would bother.

Quote:

Other factors: it'd be very unusual for a plane to precisely follow either the 49th parallel or the Quebec-Vermont border for a long time, those paths don't join any major airports. The only reason to do so would be to fly in the jetstream, so it'd have to be an east-bound flight, but the jetstream is rarely straight for hundreds of miles either. Nature doesn't usually operate in straight lines, only people do.

Most flights between Winnipeg and Calgary and Winnipeg and Vancouver arc to the south, but not as far as the border...the earth gets fatter as you go south. Coming back they arc to the north to pick up the jet stream.

Flights both ways are a hateful and ugly way to travel, full of screaming children, rude men in suits, and waitresses that can't make change.

Quote:

I like the response about it being a giant snail.

If it is a giant snail, could we capture it by leaving out a giant saucer of beer?

Reverend Blair
Quote:

Quote:

I was obviously able to ACCESS your site to see the pic, and afterward I thought for the Heck of it I would register, which I did..... but NOW I am denied access!

Me too...apparently a mod has give you the personal okey dokey, then get back to you.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Could be photoshoped.

It could be, but it would take some real skill to do it...shadows on whites are tough. I doubt anybody would bother.

Quote:

Other factors: it'd be very unusual for a plane to precisely follow either the 49th parallel or the Quebec-Vermont border for a long time, those paths don't join any major airports. The only reason to do so would be to fly in the jetstream, so it'd have to be an east-bound flight, but the jetstream is rarely straight for hundreds of miles either. Nature doesn't usually operate in straight lines, only people do.

Most flights between Winnipeg and Calgary and Winnipeg and Vancouver arc to the south, but not as far as the border...the earth gets fatter as you go south. Coming back they arc to the north to pick up the jet stream.

Flights both ways are a hateful and ugly way to travel, full of screaming children, rude men in suits, and waitresses that can't make change.

Quote:

If it is a giant snail, could we capture it by leaving out a giant saucer of beer?

Reverend Blair
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Could be photoshoped.

Quote:

Quote:

Ten Packs
Quote:

the earth gets fatter as you go south.

Actually...... so do I !

And it gets worse, the older I get......

Ten Packs
Quote:

Actually...... so do I !

Ten Packs
Quote:

Actually...... so do I !

Dexter Sinister
Quote:

Obviously we've been on the same flights. Air Canada? Are you the tall, dark, good-looking bearded guy in denims sitting beside the fat lady who talks too much? Uh, no wait, that's me. You must be the guy across the aisle, sitting between the kid with the snotty face and the suit on the cell phone who thinks he's God's gift to the world.

Dexter Sinister
Quote:

Obviously we've been on the same flights. Air Canada? Are you the tall, dark, good-looking bearded guy in denims sitting beside the fat lady who talks too much? Uh, no wait, that's me. You must be the guy across the aisle, sitting between the kid with the snotty face and the suit on the cell phone who thinks he's God's gift to the world.

Dexter Sinister
Quote:

Ten Packs
Old joke:

A businessman was waiting for his flight in an airport bar, when a pretty Flight Attendant sat at the stool next to him. Hoping to strike up a conversation, he decided to try to find out what airline she was with, by trying a few advertising lines on her.

"So. Fly the Friendly Skies?"; he said.
No answer.
"Nope, not United"; he thought.

"I'm Margie. Fly me?"; he tried again.
No answer.
"Not National, either."; he thought.

"The only way to fly?"; he tried again.
No answer.
"not Western, I guess."; he thought.

One last time he tried: "We'll take more care of you?"
No answer, though the woman was getting agitated.
"Hmmm, not British Airways."; he thought.

Suddenly, the woman spun around on her stool and angrily said;
"Look, assh*le! - just what the f*ck do you WANT, anyway???"

The businessman took a sip of his drink and thought; "Oh - Air Canada....."

Ten Packs
Old joke:

A businessman was waiting for his flight in an airport bar, when a pretty Flight Attendant sat at the stool next to him. Hoping to strike up a conversation, he decided to try to find out what airline she was with, by trying a few advertising lines on her.

No answer.

No answer.

No answer.

Ten Packs
Old joke:

No answer.

No answer.

No answer.

Dexter Sinister
Quote: Originally Posted by Ten Packs

Old joke:

Brilliant. Because, lamentably, it's true.

Dexter Sinister

Old joke:

Dexter Sinister

Old joke:

Reverend Blair
Quote:

That used to be me. Canadian was still in business when I was travelling all the time and I never saw an appreciable difference between them and Air Canada. I always flew full fare (wasn't my money) so pretty much anybody with an airplane would take my ticket. I pretty much treated planes like busses.

I likely could have gone to Europe a couple of times with all the miles I had on the two airlines, but I used to cash them in to get into business class. It wasn't like I actually wanted to go anywhere when vacation rolled around. I'd always do my best to fly in my most ripped up jeans too...especially if I was sitting up front. It pissed the men in suits right off.

Reverend Blair
Quote:

That used to be me. Canadian was still in business when I was travelling all the time and I never saw an appreciable difference between them and Air Canada. I always flew full fare (wasn't my money) so pretty much anybody with an airplane would take my ticket. I pretty much treated planes like busses.

I likely could have gone to Europe a couple of times with all the miles I had on the two airlines, but I used to cash them in to get into business class. It wasn't like I actually wanted to go anywhere when vacation rolled around. I'd always do my best to fly in my most ripped up jeans too...especially if I was sitting up front. It pissed the men in suits right off.

Reverend Blair
Quote: